First 2020 Presidential Debate between Donald Trump and Joe Biden

[BACKGROUND SOUNDS].
[BACKGROUND SOUNDS].
[BACKGROUND SOUNDS].
[BACKGROUND SOUNDS].
[BACKGROUND SOUNDS].
[BACKGROUND SOUNDS].
[BACKGROUND SOUNDS].
[BACKGROUND SOUNDS].
>> GOOD EVENING LADIES AND
GENTLEMEN.
I COULD ASK EVERYONE TO TAKE
THEIR SEATS PLEASE.
MY NAME IS JANET BROWN.
JENNIFER BROWN: I WOULD LIKE TO
WELCOME YOU TO THE FIRST
PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE OF 2020.
THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO
HAVE MADE EXTRAORDINARY
CONTRIBUTIONS TO MAKING THIS
EVENING POSSIBLE.
IN A FEW MOMENTS YOU WILL HEAR
FROM TWO OF OUR COCHAIRS TO
START THE APPRECIATION TO THOSE
WHO HAVE HELPED.
ARTHUR COCHAIR, IS IN LOUISVILLE
KENTUCKY TONIGHT.
HER LEADERSHIP IN THE DEBATES
GOES BACK TO 1976 AND INCLUDES
THE PRESIDENCY OF THE WOMEN
VOTERS.
THE CPD IS THE BENEFICIARY OF 33
YEARS OF WHERE THE PEOPLE WHO
HAVE BEEN WILLING TO PUT THE
NAME AND HARD WORK.
TO ALL OF THOSE FORMER
PRESIDENTS AND CHANCELLORS OF
DEBATE SITES TO FORMER
MODERATORS MEMBERS OF OUR DEBATE
INTERNATIONAL NETWORK.
THE SET THE CLOCK TO 3:00 A.M.
TOMORROW MORNING TO TUNE IN
LIFE.
WE THANK YOU WITH ALL OUR
HEARTS.
IN 19827 . THE COFOUNDERS OF THE
CBD.
I WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE THE
COCHAIR, FRANK AND IS CALLING
ARE ALSO OUR COCHAIRS JIM WALLIS
TO START THIS PART OF THE
PROGRAM.
[APPLAUSE].
>> THANK YOU LADIES AND
GENTLEMEN AND THANK YOU JANET .
AND WELCOME TO THE HEALTH AND
EDUCATION CAMPUS.
IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD THE
OPPORTUNITY YET, TO GO AROUND
AND SEE THIS FANTASTIC FACILITY.
YOU REALLY SHOULD.
IT JUST A GREAT TRIBUTE TO
EVERYONE WHO'S BEEN INVOLVED
WITH IT . AND IS SO IMPORTANT TO
OUR NATION.
JUST AS JANET MENTIONED, THAT
THIS IS THE MOST CHALLENGING
TIME FOR THIS COMMISSION AND IS
33 YEARS OF DISTANCE DUE TO THE
CORONAVIRUS.
SO ANY PEOPLE AS JANET SAID, ARE
RESPONSIBLE.
WE NORMALLY DON'T COME OUT,
COCHAIRMAN AND I COME OUT OF
THINK PEOPLE BUT WE WOULD NOT BE
HERE TODAY IF IT HAD NOT BEEN
FOR THEM.
AS WE SERVICE BOTH THE SPONSOR
AND THE PRODUCERS OF THE
DEBATES.
WE HAVE A CREW OF 65 PEOPLE.
MOST HAVE BEEN WITH US FOR
YEARS.
SOME OF THEM GO BACK TO THE
FIRST DEBATES IN 1988.
AND THANKS SO MUCH TO UNITED
AIRLINES WHO STEPPED UP TO THE
PLATE AND GRACIOUSLY PROVIDED TO
FLIGHT ARE WHOLE CREW FROM ONE
SITE TO ANOTHER.
THROUGHOUT THE REST OF THE TERM
OF THESE DEBATES.
SO WE HAVE A GREAT SHOUT OUT TO
UNITED AIRLINES . AND WITH US
FOR 28 YEARS AND CONFIRM IN
WASHINGTON DC.
ALSO SPECIAL THANKS TO SOME
PEOPLE IN THE NETWORK BUSINESS.
THE JOURNALISM BUSINESS.
CBS NEWS RADIO AND
COMMUNICATIONS.
IN THE HOTEL, BEHIND US,
INTERCONTINENTAL IS A
TREMENDOUSLY LARGE ROOM WHICH IS
CALLED THE MEDIA FILING CENTER.
THIS ONLY, I GUESS ABOUT 700
PEOPLE IN THERE TODAY.
WE USUALLY HAVE THREE TO 5000
PEOPLE IN THE MEDIA FILING
CENTER.
SO THEY GOT DOWN THAT WE HAVE
HAD.
YOU CAN LOOK AROUND THIS
AUDIENCE . WE NORMALLY HAVE 900
PEOPLE IN THE AUDIENCE.
YOU PEOPLE ARE VERY FORTUNATE TO
HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE HERE
TONIGHT.
THE NATIONAL PRESS CLUB IN
WASHINGTON DC TONIGHT, SO STAY
ANY IT FILING CENTER TO THOSE
JOURNALISTS IN WASHINGTON WHO
CANNOT BE HERE TONIGHT.
SO WERE VERY THANKFUL FOR THAT .
ANY OF YOU AS HE FACES HERE GOOD
KNOWN AND BEEN IN THE AUDIENCE
BEFORE.
THERE WILL BE AN ESTIMATE OF
MOST EXPERTS, CLOSE TO
1,120,000,000 PEOPLE WATCHING
THIS DEBATE THIS EVENING.
THE BE IN THE TBC SETS, THE ON
THE COMPUTERS.
IT WILL BE IN THE IPADS.
IT WILL BE ON THEIR IPHONES.
THERE ARE LISTENING ON THE
RADIO.
THOSE 120 MILLION, WORKS OUT TO
BE PRESERVED TO BE ABLE TO
LISTEN AND OBSERVE ON THE
STATION I COME THESE TWO MEN
BEFORE THE REASONS WHY THE
SHOULD BE ELECTED PRESIDENT OF
THE UNITED STATES.
AND THAT IS WHY IN OUR HISTORY
AND THE GENERAL ELECTION
DEBATES, THE MERE JAR AUDIENCES,
NOT TO CLAP, NOT TO YELP.
SIT SILENTLY.
DO NOT INTERFERE WITH THESE
PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING TO
ASCERTAIN WHO THEY ARE GOING TO
VOTE FOR.
NOW EXACTLY AT 9:00 O'CLOCK,
YOU'RE GOING TO HEAR A LOT OF
NOISE BEHIND YOU.
IF YOU TURN AROUND NOW YOU CAN
TAKE A QUICK LOOK AT THAT THREE
IN THE SIDE AND THREE IN THE
SITE.
THESE ARE THE MAJOR NETS.
AND I CHART YOU WILL HAVE THEM
ALL GO ON AIR.
AND SO MAKES A LITTLE NOISE.
DO NOT BE AFRAID BY IT.
AND AT THE END, I THINK THE
PEOPLE THAT YOU SAW UNDERWAY
HERE TONIGHT.
AND YOU SEE AROUND HERE.
THE FEDERAL BUREAU
INVESTIGATION, THE DEPARTMENT OF
HOMELAND SECURITY AND THE
UNIVERSITY MEDIA FRANTIC IS
WORKING WITH US AND MONITORING
THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA.
SO THERE ARE SO ANY PEOPLE TO
THINK IN THESE MEN AND WOMEN IN
THE POLICE DEPARTMENT THAT YOU
SAW OUTSIDE.
LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT WHO WORK
SO HARD TO KEEP US SAFE AND KEEP
HER NATIONSTATE.
THANK YOU AND I WOULD LIKE TO
USE OUR NEWEST MEMBER OF THE
LEADERSHIP TEAM . TEN WALLACE
AND FOR TENDING AND TREND 25
YEARS, RUN THE NATIONAL
DEMOCRATIC INSTITUTE AT THAT DI
AND WHERE REALLY EXCITED TO HAVE
HIM JOIN US AS COCHAIR.
>> JOINED FRANK AND JANET AND
SEVERAL BOARD MEMBERS INCLUDING
YVONNE AND ANOTHER WHO ARE WITH
US TONIGHT AND WELCOME YOU TO
THE 23rd PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE
SPONSORED AND ORGANIZED BY THE
COMMISSION ON PRESIDENTIAL
DEBATES.
AS FRANK SAID, AND THE
COMMISSION'S NEWEST COCHAIR.
AND AS THE NEW KID ON THE BLOCK,
I AM PROUD TO WORK ALONGSIDE
THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN ENGAGED IN
THIS INITIATIVE FOR THE PAST 33
YEARS.
THESE DEBATES HAVE NOW BECOME AN
INTEGRAL PART OF OUR POLITICAL
PROCESS.
IN VIEW SHARED THE MOST
IMPORTANT JUDGE, THE AMERICAN
ELECTORATE . BUT SIGNIFICANT AS
DEBATES HAVE BECOME HERE, THEY
CAN BE EVEN MORE CONSEQUENTIAL
OVERSEAS.
FOR THE COMMISSION IN
PARTNERSHIP WITH THE NATIONAL
DEMOCRATIC INSTITUTE IS
ORGANIZED MORE THAN 400 DEBATES
IN 45 NATIONS.
AND IN NEW EMERGING DEMOCRACIES,
LEVELING THE FIELD WHERE ONLY
ONE PARTY IS REAL.
THEY DISCUSS ON POLICY ISSUES
AND NOT PERSONALITIES AND YET
THEY HAVE PROMOTED AMONG
POLITICAL COMPETITORS.
THAT IS COMEDY WITH A T.
IN THIS EFFORTS IN THE
ESTABLISHMENT OF A GLOBAL
NETWORK A SIMILAR DEBATE
ORGANIZATION FOR NEARLY 40
COUNTRIES.
IN THE DEBATES INTERNATIONAL.
NOW I WOULD CALL YOUR ATTENTION
TO THE COMMISSIONS SPONSORED
DEBATE WATCH 2020.
IN THE PARTICIPATION BY WATCH
GROUPS IN ALL 50 STATES.
FROM A HAIR SALON OWNERS IN
CLEVELAND HEIGHTS HOSTING TEN
EMPLOYEES TO THE ATLANTIC
COUNCIL HOSTING A GLOBAL
AUDIENCE FOR MORE THAN 80000.
IT THE GOAL OF THE DEBATE WATCH
IS NOT TO SAY WHO ONE OR WHO
LOST.
KENNETH WOLLACK: BUT TO SHARE
VIEWS WITH THOSE WHO AGREE AND
THOSE WHO DO NOT.
SOME LISTEN RESPECTFULLY TO KEEP
EACH OTHER'S OPINIONS.
WE ARE PLEASED THAT THE
COMMISSIONS LONGEST STANDING
SUPPORTERS, JUDY AND PETER ARE
IN THE AUDIENCE TONIGHT.
[APPLAUSE].
FOR 32 YEARS, FOR JUDY AND PETER
THE FOUNDATION HAS GIVEN ITS
TRUST TO THE NONPARTISAN MISSION
OF THE COMMISSION.
WE ARE DEEPLY GRATEFUL FOR THE
BELIEF IN OUR WORK AND THEIR
EXTRAORDINARY CONTRIBUTIONS IN
THE 2020 DEBATE.
IT IS NOW MY DISTINCT HONOR TO
INTRODUCE DOCTOR PRESIDENT OF
THE CLEVELAND CLINIC AND BARBARA
SNYDER, PRESIDENT OF CASE
WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
[APPLAUSE].
GOOD EVENING.
ON BEHALF OF THE CLINIC IT IS MY
PLEASURE TO WELCOME YOU TO THE
CITY OF CLEVELAND.
TONIGHT, YOU JOIN US IN THE
BEAUTIFUL PAVILION OF THE HEALTH
EDUCATION CAMPUS AT THE
CLEVELAND CLINIC.
ASSURANCE CAMPUS WITH HER
PARTNERS FROM CASE WESTERN
RESERVE UNIVERSITY.
THIS BUILDING IS VERY SPECIAL TO
US.
IT WAS OPENED JUST A YEAR AGO IS
A PLACE FOR STUDENTS MEDICAL
NURSING AND DENTAL TO BEGIN
THEIR PROFESSIONAL JOURNEYS BY
LEARNING TOGETHER AS TEAMS.
AND AT THAT TIME AS WE WERE
OPENING THIS CAMPUS, NONE OF US
COULD HAVE DEMANDED AND IMAGINED
THAT WE WOULD SOON FACE A
WORLDWIDE PANDEMIC.
WHEN IT HAPPENED, WE CONVERTED
THIS BUILDING INTO A COVID-19
SEARCH HOSPITAL.
THE SPACE IN WHICH YOU ARE
SITTING RIGHT NOW, HAD 1000
HOSPITAL BEDS.
WE CALL IT THE HOPE HOSPITAL.
THANKFULLY THE SURGE DID NOT
COME.
BUT TONIGHT, THIS BUILDING
SERVES ANOTHER PURPOSE.
IN SUPPORT OF OUR DEMOCRACY,
IT'S OF COURSE DIRECT LOCATION
FOR US IN OUR CITY.
WE ARE PROUD TO SUPPORT THE
COMMISSION ON PRESIDENTIAL
DEBATES.
IN HER HEALTH SECURITY ADVISORS.
WITH THE CLEVELAND CLINIC AND
ARE 70000 CAREGIVERS HAVE BEEN
SERVING THE HEALTH NEEDS IN
CLEVELAND SINCE 1921.
NEARLY 100 YEARS.
YET OUR ORGANIZATION AND OUR
CAREGIVERS HAVE NEVER SHONE
BRIGHTER AND DURING THIS
PANDEMIC.
THE PANDEMIC HAS BROUGHT OUT THE
BEST OF OUR ORGANIZATION AND OUR
CAREGIVERS IN OUR CITY AND OUR
STATE . WERE IN COLLABORATION,
WE SEE HOW MUCH WE CAN
ACCOMPLISH WHEN WE WORK
TOGETHER.
AND IN PARTICULARLY, PROUD OF
OUR WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY
SPRAYED WITH THAT I WOULD LIKE
TO INTRODUCE MY COLLEAGUE AND
FRIEND, PRESIDENT OF THE
UNIVERSITY, BARBARA SNYDER.
[APPLAUSE].
>> THANK YOU.
CASE WESTERN RESERVE IS HONORED
TO COMPOST THIS PRESIDENTIAL
DEBATE WITH HER PARTNERS AT
CLEVELAND CLINIC AND DELIGHTED
TO SHOW YOU THIS SPECTACULAR
SPACE THAT WE CREATED TOGETHER.
RESEARCH HAS LONG SHOWN THE TEAM
-BASED HEALTHCARE SEEMS TO
BETTER OUTCOMES FOR THE PATIENTS
. IN NEARLY EVERY ACADEMIC
INSTITUTION CONTINUES TO PREPARE
STUDENTS IN SEPARATE BUILDINGS .
LITERALLY IN SILOS.
YET AFTER SPENDING YEARS
LEARNING ONLY WITH STUDENTS FROM
THE SAME PROFESSION, THE DOCTORS
OR DOCTORS AND NURSES WITH
NURSES AND SO ON.
THEY'RE SUDDENLY EXPECTED TO
KNOW HOW TO WORK IN TEAMS ONCE
THEY GET THEIR DIPLOMAS.
WE KNEW THERE HAD TO BE A BETTER
WAY.
IN TOGETHER WE BUILT IT.
WERE NOT FILLED WITH THE STAGE
AND SEATS, THIS ATRIUM GIVES
HUNDREDS OF STUDENTS A HUGE OPEN
SPACE TO STUDY, TALK, AND SIMPLY
BE TOGETHER.
THE ENTIRE BUILDING PROVIDES
MULTIPLE SPACES FOR THEM TO COME
TOGETHER SUPPORTED BY AN
ECONOMIC MODEL THAT EMPHASIZES
OPPORTUNITIES TO LEARN WITH AND
FROM ONE ANOTHER.
AS STATE-OF-THE-ART TECHNOLOGY,
AND WE KNOW OUR GRADUATES WILL
BE UNIQUELY PREPARED TO EXCEL IN
TEAM -BASED CARE AND ULTIMATELY
TO LEAD IT.
ALONG THE WAY CLEVELAND CLINIC
ALSO LEARN FROM ONE ANOTHER.
AMONG THE MOST VALUABLE LESSONS
WAS THAT TRUE COLLABORATION WE
ACHIEVED FAR MORE THAN EITHER OF
US COULD ACHIEVE ALONE.
THANK YOU TOM FOR BEING SUCH A
WONDERFUL COLLEAGUE AND FRIEND.
THANK YOU TO THE COMMISSION FOR
GIVING BOTH OF OUR ORGANIZATIONS
THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE PART OF
THIS HISTORIC EVENT.
IT IS A TRUE PRIVILEGE TO
CONTRIBUTE TO OUR NATIONS
DEMOCRATIC PROCESS.
THANK YOU ALL FOR WATCHING.
[APPLAUSE].
>> THANK YOU TOM AND BARBARA
VERY MUCH.
MOST VALUABLE PLAYER AWARD FOR
THIS EVENING GOES TO CALL KOBE
COSGROVE, WE CANNOT HAVE DONE IT
WITHOUT YOU.
THANK YOU.
WHEN HOUSEKEEPING BIT FOR THE
AUDIENCE, AS SOON AS THIS DEBATE
IS OVER, CAN PLEASE REMAIN
SEATED, TO BE WHICH WAY TO EXIT.
AND PLEASE STAY WHERE YOU ARE
UNTIL THAT HAPPENS.
I WOULD LIKE TO NOW INTRODUCE
CHRIS WALLACE, THE MODERATOR
THIS EVENING'S DEBATE.
[SILENCE].
[SILENCE].
[SILENCE]
[SILENCE]
[SILENCE]
[SILENCE]
[SILENCE]
WALLACE: GOOD EVENING FROM THE
HEALTH EDUCATION CAMPUS FROM
CASE WESTERN UNIVERSITY AND
CLINIC.
I AM CHRIS WALLACE OF FOX NEWS
AND I WELCOME YOU TO THE FIRST
OF THE 2020 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES
BETWEEN PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP
AND FORMER PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN.
THE COMMISSION HAS DESIGNED THE
FORMAT SIX ROUGHLY 15 MINUTE
SEGMENTS FOR THE FIRST CANDIDATE
TO OPEN AND OPEN DISCUSSIONS FOR
THE REST OF EACH SEGMENT.
BOTH CAMPAIGNS HAVE AGREED TO
THESE RULES.
FOR THE RECORD, I DECIDED TO THE
TOPICS AND QUESTIONS IN EACH
TOPIC.
I CAN ASSURE YOU NONE OF THE
QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN SHARED WITH
THE COMMISSION OR THE TWO
CANDIDATES.
THIS DEBATE IS BEING CONDUCTED
UNDER HEALTH AND SAFETY
PROTOCOLS DESIGNED BY THE
CLEVELAND CLINIC'S SERVING AS
THE HEALTH SECURITY ADVISOR TO
THE COMMISSION FOR ALL DEBATES.
AS A PRECAUTION BOTH CAMPAIGNS
HAVE AGREED THAT THE CANDIDATES
WILL NOT SHAKE HANDS AT THE
BEGINNING OF TONIGHT'S DEBATE.
THE AUDIENCE HERE HAVE PROMISED
TO REMAIN SILENT, NO CHEERS OR
OTHER ENTERED OPTIONS, AND WE
AND MORE IMPORTANTLY YOU CAN
FOCUS ON WHAT THE CANDIDATES
HAVE TO SAY.
NO NOISE EXCEPT RIGHT NOW AS WE
WELCOME THE REPUBLICAN NOMINEE,
PRESENT DONALD TRUMP AND THE
DEMOCRATIC NOMINEE VICE
PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN.
[APPLAUSE]
GENTLEMEN, A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE
BEEN WAITING FOR THIS NIGHT SO
LET'S GET GOING.
THE FIRST SUBJECT IS THE SUPREME
COURT.
SUPREME
COURT.
PRESIDENT TRUMP, YOU NOMINATED
AMY KONY BARRETT AND SAY THE
CONSTITUTION IS CLEAR ABOUT YOUR
OBLIGATION AND THE SENATE TO
CONSIDER A NOMINEE TO THE COURT.
VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN YOU SAY
THIS IS AN EFFORT BY THE
PRESIDENT AND REPUBLICANS TO JAM
THROUGH AN APPOINTMENT AND WHAT
YOU CALL AN ABUSE OF POWER.
MY FIRST QUESTION TO BOTH OF
YOU, WHY ARE YOU RIGHT IN THE
ARGUMENT YOU MAKE AND YOUR
OPPONENT WRONG, AND WHERE DO YOU
THINK A JUSTICE BARRETT WOULD
TAKE THE COURT.
YOU GO FIRST.
TRUMP: I WILL TELL YOU VERY
SIMPLY, WE WON THE ELECTION.
WE HAVE THE SENATE, WE HAVE THE
WHITE HOUSE, AND WE HAVE A
PHENOMENAL NOMINEE RESPECTED BY
ALL TOP ACADEMIC, GOOD IN EVERY
WAY IN FACT AS SOME OF HER
BIGGEST ENDORSERS ARE VERY
LIBERAL PEOPLE FROM NOTRE DAME
AND OTHER PLACES, SO I THINK
SHE'S GOING TO BE FANTASTIC.
WE HAVE PLENTY OF TIME, EVEN IF
WE DID IT AFTER THE ELECTION
ITSELF.
I HAVE TIME AFTER.
SO I THINK SHE WILL BE
OUTSTANDING AND SHE IS GOING TO
BE AS GOOD AS ANYBODY THAT HAS
SERVED ON THAT COURT.
I REALLY FEEL THAT.
WE HAVE A PROFESSOR AT NOTRE
DAME, HIGHLY RESPECTED BY ALL,
THAT IS AS SHE IS THE SINGLE
GREATEST STUDENT HE'S EVER HAD.
HE'S BEEN A PROFESSOR FOR A LONG
TIME.
WE WON THE ELECTION AND
THEREFORE HAVE THE RIGHT TO
CHOOSE HER INTO VERY FEW PEOPLE
WOULD SAY OTHERWISE.
BY THE WAY, THE DEMOCRATS
WOULDN'T THINK ABOUT NOT DOING
IT.
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS TO TRY TO
DO IT FASTER.
THERE IS NO WAY THEY WOULD GIVE
IT UP.
THEY HAD MERRIT GARLAND BUT IT
WAS STOPPED AND THAT WOULD HAVE
AN IN REVERSE ALSO.
SO, WE WON THE ELECTION AND WE
HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO IT.
WALLACE: THANK YOU.
SAME QUESTION TO YOU, VICE
PRESIDENT BIDEN.
BIDEN: FIRST OF ALL, THANK YOU
FOR DOING THIS.
THE AMERICAN PEOPLE HAVE THE
RIGHT TO HAVE A SAY IN WHO THE
SUPREME COURT NOMINEE IS AND
THAT OCCURS WHEN THEY VOTE FOR A
UNITED STATES SENATOR AND WHEN
THEY VOTE FOR THE PRESIDENT OF
THE UNITED STATES.
THEY ARE NOT GOING TO GET THAT
CHANCE NOW BECAUSE WE ARE IN THE
MIDDLE OF AN ELECTION ALREADY.
IT'S ALREADY STARTED.
THE TENS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE
HAVE ALREADY VOTED AND SO THE
THING THAT SHOULD HAPPEN IS WE
SHOULD WAIT.
WE SHOULD WAIT AND SEE WHAT THE
OUTCOME IS, BECAUSE THAT IS THE
ONLY WAY THE AMERICAN PEOPLE GET
TO EXPRESS THEIR VIEW IS BY WHO
THEY ELECT AS PRESIDENT AND WHO
THEY ELECT AS VICE PRESIDENT.
WHAT'S AT STAKE THE PRESIDENT
HAS MADE IT CLEAR HE WANTS TO
GET RID OF THE AFFORDABLE CARE
ACT.
HE'S BEEN RUNNING ON THAT AND
HE'S BEEN GOVERNING ON THAT.
HE IS IN THE SUPREME COURT RIGHT
NOW TRYING TO GET RID OF THE
AFFORDABLE CARE ACT WHICH WILL
STRIP 20 MILLION PEOPLE FROM
HAVING INSURANCE, HEALTH
INSURANCE NOW, IF IT GOES INTO
COURT.
AND THE JUSTICE — AND I'M NOT
OPPOSED TO THE JUSTICE.
SHE SEEMS LIKE A FINE PERSON,
BUT SHE'S WRITTEN BEFORE SHE
WENT ON THE BENCH — WHICH IS
HER RIGHT — SHE THINGS THE
AFFORDABLE CARE ACT IS NOT
CONSTITUTIONAL.
THE OTHER THING ON THE COURT IS
IT IS STRUCK DOWN WHAT HAPPENS.
WOMEN'S RIGHTS ARE FUNDAMENTALLY
CHANGED.
ONCE AGAIN, A WOMAN COULD BE
HANDED MONEY BECAUSE SHE HAS A
PRE-EXISTING CONDITION OF
PREGNANCY.
THEY CHARGE A WOMAN MORE FOR THE
PROCEDURE A MAN WOULD GET, AND
THAT ENDED WHEN WE IN FACT PAST
OF THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT.
AND IF THERE IS 100 MILLION
PEOPLE WITH PRE-EXISTING
CONDITIONS AND THEY WILL BE
TAKEN AWAY AS WELL.
THOSE PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS,
INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE GOING TO
LOVE THIS.
SO IT'S NOT APPROPRIATE TO DO
THIS BEFORE THIS ELECTION.
IF HE WINS AND OF THE SENATE IS
DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN, THEN HE
GOES FORWARD.
IF NOT, WE SHOULD WAIT UNTIL
FEBRUARY.
TRUMP: THERE AREN'T 100 MILLION
WITH PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS.
PEOPLE ALREADY HAVE THEIR SAY.
OKAY.
JUSTICE GINSBURG SAID VERY
POWERFULLY AND VERY STRONGLY AT
SOME .10 YEARS AGO OR SO, SHE
SAID A PRESIDENT IN THE SENATE
IS ELECTED FOR A PERIOD OF TIME,
BUT THE PRESIDENT IS ELECTED FOR
FOUR YEARS.
I AM NOT ELECTED FOR THREE
YEARS, SO WE HAVE THE SENATE, WE
HAVE A PRESIDENT, DURING THE
PERIOD OF TIME, DURING WITHOUT A
PERIOD OF TIME WE HAVING AN
OPENING.
I'M NOT ELECTED FOR THREE YEARS.
I AM ELECTED FOR FOUR YEARS.
JOE, 100 MILLION PEOPLE I DON'T
KNOW WHERE YOU GOT THAT NUMBER.
AT THE BIGGER PROBLEM THAT YOU
HAVE IS YOU ARE GOING TO
EXTINGUISH 180 MILLION PEOPLE
WITH THEIR PRIVATE HEALTHCARE.
BIDEN: THAT IS NOT TRUE.
WALLACE: GENTLEMEN, WE ARE NOW
INTO OPEN DISCUSSION.
GO AHEAD, VICE PRESIDENT.
BIDEN: NUMBER ONE, HE KNOWS WHAT
I PROPOSED.
WHAT I PROPOSED.
WHAT I PROPOSE DAYS THAT WE
EXPAND OBAMACARE AND INCREASE
IT.
WE DO NOT WIPE ANY — ONE OF THE
DEBATES WE HAD WITH 23 OF MY
COLLEAGUES TRYING TO WIN THE
NOMINATION WERE SAYING BIDEN
WANTED TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO HAVE
PRIVATE INSURANCE STILL.
IF THEY CAN.
THEY DO AND THEY WILL UNDER MY
PROPOSAL.
THAT IS SIMPLY —
TRUMP: YOUR PARTY WANTS TO GO
SOCIALIST AND THEY ARE GOING TO
DOMINATE YOU, JOE.
BIDEN: I'M THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
RIGHT NOW.
THE PLATFORM OF THE DEMOCRATIC
PARTY IS WHAT I COME IN FACT,
APPROVED OF.
NOW HERE'S THE DEAL, IT'S GOING
TO WIPE OUT PRE-EXISTING — BY
THE WAY, THE 200,000 PEOPLE THAT
HAVE DIED ON HIS WATCH, HOW MANY
OF THOSE HAVE SURVIVED?
OVER 7 MILLION PEOPLE HAVE
CONTRACTED A COVID.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN GOING FORWARD
IF YOU STRIKE DOWN THE
AFFORDABLE CARE ACT?
TRUMP: 308,000 MILITARY PEOPLE
DIED BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T
PROVIDE PROPER HEALTHCARE IN THE
MILITARY, SO DON'T TELL ME —
AND IF YOU WERE HERE IT WOULD BE
2 MILLION PEOPLE BECAUSE WE WERE
VERY LATE ON THE DRAW.
CHINA WAS HEAVILY INFECTED —
WALLACE: GENTLEMEN —
BIDEN: YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT
2 MILLION PEOPLE.
WE WILL TALK ABOUT THIS IN THE
NEXT SEGMENT.
TRUMP: THE PRESIDENT ALSO IS
OPPOSED TO ROE V WADE.
THAT IS ON THE BALLOT AS WELL
AND SO THAT'S ALSO AT STAKE
RIGHT NOW.
BIDEN: WHY ISN'T IT IN THE
BALLOT?
TRUMP: YOU DON'T KNOW THE VIEW
ON ROBY — ROE V WADE.
MODERATOR: WE HAVE A LOT OF TIME
HERE.
SO, ON HEALTHCARE AND THEN WE
WILL COME BACK TO ROE V WADE.
MR. PRESIDENT, WE WILL HEAR A
CASE A WEEK AFTER THE ELECTION
AND WHICH THE TRUMP
ADMINISTRATION, ALONG WITH 18
STATE ATTORNEYS GENERAL ARE
THINKING TO OVERTURN OBAMACARE,
TO END OBAMACARE.
IF I MAY ASK THE QUESTION, SIR,
OVER THE LAST FOUR YEARS YOU
PROMISED TO REPEAL AND REPLACE
OBAMACARE, BUT NEVER IN THE FOUR
YEARS HAVE COME UP WITH A PLAN,
A COMPREHENSIVE PLAN TO REPLACE
OBAMACARE —
TRUMP: OF COURSE I HAVE.
I'D GET RID OF THE INDIVIDUAL
MANDATE — THAT WAS THE WORST
PART OF OBAMACARE —
MODERATOR: LET ME ASK MY
QUESTION.
TRUMP: IT WAS THE MOST POPULAR
ASPECT OF OBAMACARE —
MODERATOR: I AM THE MODERATOR OF
THIS DEBATE, AND I'D LIKE YOU TO
LET ME ASK MY QUESTION.
IN THE COURSE OF FOUR YEARS
YOU'VE NEVER COME UP WITH A
COMPREHENSIVE PLAN TO REPLACE
OBAMACARE, AND JUST THIS LAST
THURSDAY, YOU SIGNED A LARGELY
SYMBOLIC EXECUTIVE ORDER TO
PROTECT PEOPLE WITH PRE-EXISTING
CONDITIONS FIVE DAYS BEFORE THIS
DEBATE.
SO, MY QUESTION IS WHAT IS THE
TRUMP HEALTH CARE PLAN?
TRUMP: FIRST OF ALL I GUESS I'M
DEBATING YOU AND NOT HIM, BUT
I'M NOT SURPRISED.
THERE IS NOTHING SYMBOLIC.
I'M CUTTING DRUG PRICES INTO
GOING WITH NATIONS WHICH NO
PRESIDENT HAS ENCOURAGED TO DO
BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING AGAINST
BIG PHARMA.
AT THE PRICES WILL BE COMING
DOWN 80 TO 90%.
YOU COULD HAVE DONE IT DURING
YOUR 47 YEAR PERIOD IN
GOVERNMENT, BUT YOU DIDN'T DO
IT.
NOBODY HAS DONE IT.
SO WE ARE CUTTING HEALTHCARE.
ALL THE THINGS WE'VE DONE — I
GIVE AN EXAMPLE.
INSULIN.
IT WAS DESTROYING PEOPLE,
DESTROYING FAMILIES.
I'M GETTING IT FOR SO CHEAP IT'S
LIKE WATER IF YOU WANT TO KNOW
THE TRUTH.
SO CHEAP.
LOOK AT THE DRUGS, PRESCRIPTION
DRUG PRICES.
WE ARE GOING TO ALLOW GOVERNORS
TO GO OTHER COUNTRIES TO BUY
DRUGS BECAUSE THEY PAY JUST A
TINY FRACTION —
MODERATOR: SIR, YOU WILL BE
HAPPY I'M ABOUT TO PICK UP ON
ONE OF YOUR POINTS TO ASK THE
VICE PRESIDENT, WHICH IS HE
POINTS OUT THAT YOU WOULD LIKE
TO ADD A PUBLIC OPTION TO
OBAMACARE, AND THE ARGUMENT THAT
HE MAKES AND OTHER REPUBLICANS
MAKE IS THAT THAT IS GOING TO
END PRIVATE INSURANCE — IT WILL
END PRIVATE INSURANCE AND CREATE
A GOVERNMENT TAKEOVER OF
HEALTHCARE.
BIDEN: IT DOES NOT.
IT'S ONLY FOR THOSE PEOPLE THAT
ARE SO POOR THEY QUALIFY FOR
MEDICAID.
THEY CAN GET THAT FOR FREE IN
MOST STATES EXCEPT GOVERNORS
THAT WANT TO DENY PEOPLE THAT
ARE POOR MEDICATED.
MEDICAID.
ANYONE WHO QUALIFIES FOR
MEDICAID WOULD AUTOMATICALLY BE
ENROLLED IN THE PUBLIC OPTION.
THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE
AMERICAN PEOPLE WOULD STILL NOT
BE IN THAT OPTION, NUMBER ONE.
TRUMP: ON THE FAR LEFT ON THE
MANIFESTO, THE SOCIALIZED
MEDICINE AND YOU ARE SAYING YOU
DON'T AGREE?
BIDEN: THE FACT IS I BEAT BERNIE
SANDERS.
BY LOT.
TRUMP: YOU HAVE LOST A LOT —
BIDEN: I GOT VERY LUCKY AND I
MAY GET LUCKY TONIGHT AS WELL.
BECAUSE HERE'S THE DEAL, HERE'S
THE DEAL.
THE FACT IS, EVERYTHING HE'S
SAYING SO FAR IS SIMPLY A LIE.
I'M NOT HERE TO CALL OUT HIS
LIES.
EVERYBODY KNOWS HE IS A LIAR.
I WANT TO MAKE SURE —
MODERATOR: MR. PRESIDENT, CAN
YOU LET HIM FINISH, SIR FAX.
BIDEN: HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO DO
THAT.
[INAUDIBLE]
BIDEN: THERE IS NO MANIFESTO.
MODERATOR: LET HIM ANSWER,
PLEASE.
BIDEN: NUMBER TWO —
TRUMP: YOU AGREED WITH BERNIE
SANDERS ON A PLAN.
[INAUDIBLE]
MODERATOR: MR. PRESIDENT —
TRUMP: HE IS NOT FOR ANY HELP
FOR PEOPLE NEEDING HEALTHCARE,
BECAUSE HE, IN FACT, ALREADY HAS
COST 10 MILLION PEOPLE THEIR
HEALTH CARE THAT THEY HAD FROM
EMPLOYERS BECAUSE OF HIS
RECESSION.
NUMBER TWO, THERE ARE 20 MILLION
PEOPLE GETTING HEALTHCARE
THROUGH OBAMACARE AND HE WANTS
TO TAKE IT AWAY.
HE WON'T LOOK EVEN THE EYE AND
SAY THAT'S WHAT HE WANTS TO DO.
NUMBER THREE —
TRUMP: BETTER HEALTHCARE FOR
BETTER PRICES.
BIDEN: HE HAS NEVER OFFERED —
MODERATOR: IF YOU ARE BOTH
SPEAKING AT THE SAME TIME —
TRUMP: OBAMACARE IS NOT GOOD.
WE MADE IT BETTER.
WE TOOK AWAY THE INDIVIDUAL
MANDATE.
WE GUARANTEED PRE-EXISTING
CONDITIONS BUT TOOK AWAY THE
INDIVIDUAL MANDATE.
LISTEN, THIS IS THE WAY IT IS,
AND THAT IT DESTROYED — THEY
SHOULDN'T EVEN CALL IT
OBAMACARE.
THEY HAD A CHOICE TO MAKE.
DO I LET MY PEOPLE RUNNING
REALLY WELL OR BADLY.
THEY WILL PROBABLY BLAME HIM,
BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY I WANT TO
HELP PEOPLE.
IF YOU HAVE TO RUN IT SO WELL
AND I JUST HAD A MEETING WITH
THEM.
THEY SAID THE PROBLEM IS NO
MATTER HOW WELL YOU RUN
OBAMACARE, IT'S A DISASTER.
IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE, THE PREMIUMS
ARE TOO HIGH —
MODERATOR: I UNDERSTAND, SIR,
BUT I HAVE TO GIVE YOU ROUGHLY
EQUAL TIME.
PLEASE LET THE VICE PRESIDENT TO
TALK.
BIDEN: HE HAS NO PLAN FOR
HEALTHCARE.
HE SENDS OUT WISHFUL THINKING.
HE HAS EXECUTIVE ORDERS THAT
HAVE NO POWER.
HE HASN'T LOWERED DRUG COSTS FOR
ANYBODY.
HE HAS BEEN PROMISING THE PLAN
SINCE HE GOT ELECTED.
HE HAS NONE, ALMOST LIKE
EVERYTHING ELSE HE TALKS ABOUT.
HE DOES NOT HAVE A PLAN.
HE DOESN'T HAVE A PLAN.
THE FACT IS, THIS MAN DOESN'T
KNOW WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT.
MODERATOR: I HAVE ONE FINAL
QUESTION FOR YOU, MR. VICE
PRESIDENT.
IF SENATE REPUBLICANS — WE WERE
TALKING ORIGINALLY ABOUT THE
SUPREME COURT — IF THE
REPUBLICANS CONFIRM JUSTICE
BARRETT, THERE'S BEEN TALK ABOUT
ENDING THE FILIBUSTER OR EVEN
PACKING THE COURT, ADDING TO THE
NINE JUSTICES THERE.
YOU CALL THIS A DISTRACTION BY
THE PRESIDENT, BUT IN FACT IT
WASN'T BROUGHT UP BY THE
PRESIDENT.
IT WAS BROUGHT UP BY SOME OF
YOUR DEMOCRATIC COLLEAGUES.
SO, MY QUESTION IS YOU HAVE
REFUSED IN THE PAST TO TALK
ABOUT IT.
ARE YOU WILLING TO TELL THE
AMERICAN PEOPLE TONIGHT WHETHER
OR NOT YOU WILL SUPPORT EITHER
ENDING THE FILIBUSTER OR PACKING
THE COURT LACKS.
BIDEN: WHATEVER POSITION I TAKE
WILL BE THE ISSUE.
THE AMERICAN PEOPLE SHOULD
SPEAK.
YOU SHOULD GO OUT AND VOTE.
VOTE AND LET YOUR SENATORS KNOW
HOW STRONGLY YOU FEEL.
NOW.
MAKE SURE YOU LET PEOPLE KNOW.
I'M NOT GOING TO ANSWER THE
QUESTION —
TRUMP: WHY WON'T YOU ANSWER THE
QUESTION?
WHO IS ON YOUR LIST?
MODERATOR: GENTLEMEN, WE'VE
ENDED THIS SEGMENT.
WE ARE GOING TO MOVE ONTO THE
NEXT.
BIDEN: THAT WAS A VERY
PRODUCTIVE SEGMENT.
A.
TRUMP: WITH THE PEOPLE
UNDERSTAND.
FORTY-SEVEN YEARS, YOU'VE DONE
NOTHING.
THEY UNDERSTAND.
MODERATOR: THIS PUBLIC SECOND
SUBJECT IS COVID-19.
LET'S TRY TO BE SERIOUS ABOUT
THIS.
MORE THAN 7 MILLION CASES OF
CORONAVIRUS IN THE UNITED
STATES, AND MORE THAN 200,000
PEOPLE HAVE DIED.
EVEN AFTER WE PRODUCE A VACCINE,
EXPERTS SAY THAT IT COULD BE
MONTHS OR EVEN YEARS BEFORE WE
COME BACK TO ANYTHING
APPROACHING NORMAL.
MY QUESTION FOR BOTH OF YOU IS
BASED ON WHAT YOU HAVE SAID AND
DONE SO FAR AND WHAT YOU HAVE
SAID YOU WOULD DO STARTING IN
2021, WHY SHOULD THE AMERICAN
PEOPLE TRUST YOU MORE THAN YOUR
OPPONENT TO DEAL WITH THIS
PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS GOING
FORWARD IN THIS CASE THE
QUESTION GOES TO YOU FIRST, SIR.
TWO MINUTES, UNINTERRUPTED.
BIDEN: GOOD LUCK.
200,000 DATA, 7 MILLION INFECTED
IN THE UNITED STATES.
WE HAVE 5%, 4% OF THE WORLD'S
POPULATION.
20% OF THE DEATHS.
40,000 PEOPLE A DAY ARE
CONTRACTING COVID.
IN ADDITION TO THAT, ABOUT
BETWEEN 752,000 PEOPLE ARE
DYING.
WHEN HE WAS PRESENTED THAT
NUMBER, HE SAID IT IS WHAT IT IS
BECAUSE YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE.
THAT'S WHY IT IS.
THE PRESIDENT HAS NO PLAN.
HE HASN'T LAID OUT ANYTHING.
HE KNEW ALL THE WAY BACK IN
FEBRUARY HOW SERIOUS THIS CRISIS
WAS.
HE KNEW IT WAS A DEADLY DISEASE.
WHAT DID HE DO?
HE IS ON TAPE ACKNOWLEDGING HE
KNEW IT.
HE SAYS HE DIDN'T TELL PEOPLE OR
GIVE A WARNING BECAUSE HE DIDN'T
WANT TO PANIC THE AMERICAN
PEOPLE.
YOU DON'T PANIC, HE PANICKED.
WHAT DID HE DO, HE WENT IN AND
WE WERE INSISTING THAT THE
PEOPLE WE HAD ON THE GROUND IN
CHINA SHOULD BE ABLE TO GO INTO
DETERMINE FOR THEMSELVES HOW
DANGEROUS THIS WAS.
HE DID NOT EVEN ASKED TO DO
THAT.
HE TOLD US WHAT A GREAT JOB HE
WAS DOING AND DECIDED THAT WE
OWE THEM A DEBT OF GRATITUDE FOR
BEING SO TRANSPARENT WITH US.
AND WHAT DID HE DO THEN?
HE WAITED AND WAITED AND STILL
DOESN'T HAVE A PLAN.
BACK IN MARCH I KNEW EXACTLY
WHAT WE SHOULD BE DOING AND I
LAID OUT AGAIN IN JULY WHAT WE
SHOULD BE DOING.
WE SHOULD BE PROVIDING ALL OF
THE PROTECTIVE GEAR.
WE SHOULD BE PROVIDING THE MONEY
OF THE HOUSE HAS PASSED IN ORDER
TO BE ABLE TO GO OUT AND GET
PEOPLE THE HELP THEY NEED TO
KEEP THEIR BUSINESS IS OPEN,
OPENING SCHOOLS COST A LOT OF
MONEY.
YOU SHOULD GET OUT OF YOUR
BUNKER AND A SAND TRAP AND YOUR
GOLF COURSE AND GO TO THE OVAL
OFFICE AND BRING TOGETHER THE
DEMOCRACY INTO REPUBLICANS AND
FUND WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE NOW
TO SAVE LIVES.
MODERATOR: YOU HAVE TWO MINUTES,
SIR.
TRUMP: IF WE WOULD HAVE LISTENED
TO YOU, THE COUNTRY WOULD HAVE
LEFT OPEN, MILLIONS WOULD HAVE
DIED, NOT A 200,000, AND ONE
PERSON IS TOO MUCH.
IT'S CHINA'S FAULT.
THEY STOPPED IT FROM GOING BUT
IT WAS THEIR FAULT.
BY THE WAY WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT
NUMBERS, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MANY
PEOPLE DIED IN CHINA OR RUSSIA.
YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE
DIED IN INDIA.
THEY DON'T GIVE A STRAIGHT
COUNT, JUST SO YOU UNDERSTAND.
IF YOU LOOK AT WHAT I'VE DONE, I
CLOSED IT AND YOU SAY HE'S
XENOPHOBIC ANTIRACIST BECAUSE
YOU DON'T AGREE — YOU DON'T
THINK WE SHOULD HAVE CLOSED THE
COUNTRY BECAUSE YOU THOUGHT THAT
IT WAS TERRIBLE, YOU WOULDN'T
HAVE CLOSED IT FOR ANOTHER TWO
MONTHS.
BY MY DOING IT EARLIER, IN FACT,
FAUCI SAID I SAVED THOUSANDS OF
LIVES.
WE WORKED WITH THE GOVERNOR.
GO TAKE A LOOK.
IF THE GOVERNORS THAT I DID A
PHENOMENAL JOB.
MOST OF THEM SAID THAT.
IN FACT, PEOPLE THAT WOULDN'T BE
NECESSARILY ON MY SIDE DECIDED
THAT.
PRESIDENT TRUMPETED A PHENOMENAL
JOB.
WE DID.
WE GOT THE GALLONS INTO
VENTILATORS AND MASKS AND NOW WE
ARE WEEKS AWAY FROM A VACCINE
AND WE ARE DOING THERAPEUTICS.
FEWER PEOPLE ARE DYING WHEN THEY
GET SICK GIVING IT FAR FEWER
PEOPLE ARE DYING.
WE'VE DONE A GREAT JOB.
THE ONLY THING I HAVEN'T DONE A
GREAT JOB BECAUSE OF THE FAKE
NEWS, NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY
THEY GIVE YOU BAD PRESS.
THEY GIVE YOU A GOOD PRESS AND
ME BAD PRESS BECAUSE THAT'S THE
WAY IT IS UNFORTUNATELY.
BUT I WILL TELL YOU YOU NEVER
COULD HAVE DONE THE JOB THAT WE
DID.
YOU DON'T HAVE IT IN YOUR BLOOD.
YOU NEVER COULD HAVE DONE THE
JOB.
BIDEN: I KNOW HOW TO DO THE JOB.
TRUMP: YOU DIDN'T DO VERY WELL
WITH H1N1.
YOU WERE A DISASTER.
BIDEN: 14,000 PEOPLE DIED, MOUTH
200,000.
MODERATOR: YOU MADE A POINT —
BIDEN: WAITED IN THE SHUTDOWN
THE ECONOMY.
THIS IS HIS ECONOMY THAT HE HAS
A SHUTDOWN.
THE REASON IT IS A SHUTDOWN'S
LOOK, AT HOME HOW MANY OF YOU
GOT UP THIS MORNING AND HAD AN
EMPTY CHAIR AT THE KITCHEN TABLE
BECAUSE SOMEONE DIED OF COVID?
HOW MANY WERE IN A SITUATION
WHERE YOU LOST YOUR MOM OR DAD
OR COULDN'T EVEN SPEAK TO THEM
AND HAD A NURSE HOLDING THE
PHONE SO YOU COULD IN FACT TO
SAY GOODBYE?
BY THE WAY, HIS OWN CDC DIRECTOR
SAYS WE COULD LOSE AS MANY AS
ANOTHER 200,000 PEOPLE BETWEEN
NOW AND THE END-OF-THE-YEAR AND
HE SAID IF WE JUST WEAR A MASK,
WE CAN SAVE HALF THOSE NUMBERS.
JUST THE MASKS.
BY THE WAY, IN TERMS OF THE
WHOLE NOTION OF THE VACCINE, WE
ARE FOR THE VACCINE BUT I DON'T
TRUST HIM AT ALL, NOR DO YOU.
WHAT WE TRUST IS THE SCIENTISTS.
MODERATOR: GENTLEMEN, LET ME
MOVE ON TO QUESTIONS ABOUT THE
FUTURE.
BECAUSE YOU BOTH HAVE TOUCHED ON
TWO OF THE QUESTIONS I'M GOING
TO ASK.
FOCUSING ON THE FUTURE, FOR
PRESIDENT TRUMP, YOU HAVE
REPEATEDLY EITHER CONTRADICTED
OR BEEN AT ODDS WITH SOME OF
YOUR GOVERNMENT'S OWN TOP
SCIENTISTS.
THE WEEK BEFORE LAST, THE HEAD
OF THE CENTER FOR DISEASE
CONTROL DOCTOR REDFIELD SAID IT
WOULD BE SUMMER BEFORE THE
VACCINE WOULD BECOME GENERALLY
AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC.
YOU SAID THAT HE WAS CONFUSED
AND MISTAKEN.
OF THOSE WERE YOUR TWO WORDS.
BUT, THE HEAD OF YOUR
OBSERVATION WARP SPEED SAID
EXACTLY THE SAME THING.
ARE THEY BOTH WRONG?
TRUMP: I'VE SPOKEN TO THE
COMPANIES AND WE COULD HAVE IT A
LOT SOONER.
PEOPLE LIKE THIS WOULD RATHER
MAKE IT POLITICAL VAN SAVE
LIVES.
IT'S A VERY POLITICAL THING.
I'VE SPOKEN TO PFIZER AND ALL OF
THE PEOPLE THAT YOU HAVE TO
SPEAK TO.
WE HAVE JOHNSON & JOHNSON AND
OTHERS.
IF THEY CAN GO FASTER THAN THAT
BY A LOT.
BECOME VERY POLITICAL, BECAUSE
THE LEFT, OR I DON'T KNOW IF I
WOULD CALL THEM LEFT —
MODERATOR: THE HEAD OF YOUR
OBSERVATION WARP SPEED —
TRUMP: HE SAID IT COULD BE THAT
BUT IT COULD BE SOONER.
I HAD HIM IN THE OFFICE —
MODERATOR: HE TALKED ABOUT THE
SUMMER BEFORE IT IS GENERALLY
AVAILABLE.
TRUMP: THE POSSIBILITY THAT WE
WOULD HAVE THE ANSWER BEFORE
NOVEMBER 1ST.
WE ARE GOING TO DELIVER IT RIGHT
AWAY.
WE HAVE THE MILITARY SET UP.
LOGISTICALLY THEY ARE SET UP.
THE MILITARY DELIVERS SOLDIERS
AND THEY CAN DO 200,000 A DAY.
BIDEN: THIS IS THE SAME MAN THAT
SAID BY EASTER THIS WOULD BE
GONE AWAY.
BY THE WARM WEATHER IT WOULD BE
GONE LIKE A MIRACLE.
MAYBE YOU CAN INJECT BLEACH INTO
YOUR ARM AND THAT WOULD TAKE
CARE OF IT.
TRUMP: THAT WAS SAID
SARCASTICALLY.
BIDEN: THIS MAN IS TALKING ABOUT
A VACCINE.
EVERY SERIOUS COMPANY IS TALKING
ABOUT MAYBE HAVING A VACCINE
DONE BY THE END-OF-THE-YEAR COME
UP WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF THE
VACCINE WILL NOT OCCUR UNTIL
SOMETIME BEGINNING IN THE MIDDLE
OF NEXT YEAR TO GET IT OUT.
IF WE GET THE VACCINE.
AND PRAY GOD WE WILL.
MODERATOR: MR. VICE PRESIDENT, I
WENT TO PICK UP ON THAT QUESTION
THOUGH.
YOU SAID THE PUBLIC INTEREST FOR
SCIENTISTS BUT THEY CAN'T TRUST
PRESIDENT TRUMP.
IN FACT YOU SAID THAT AGAIN
TONIGHT.
YOUR RUNNING MATE SENATOR HARRIS
SAYS THE EXPERTS, QUOTE, WILL BE
MUZZLED AND SUPPRESSED GIVEN THE
FACT THE POLLS ALREADY SHOW
PEOPLE ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THE
VACCINE AND RELUCTANT TO TAKE
IT.
ARE YOU AND YOUR RUNNING MATE,
SENATOR HARRIS, CONTRIBUTING TO
THAT FEAR COLLECTS.
BIDEN: NO MORE THAN THE QUESTION
YOU ASKED.
YOU POINTED OUT HE PUTS PRESSURE
INTO DISAGREES WITH HIS OWN
SCIENTISTS.
MODERATOR: BUT SENATOR HARRIS IS
SAYING YOU CAN'T TRUST THE
SCIENTISTS.
BIDEN: SHE DIDN'T SAY THAT.
MODERATOR: SHE SAID, QUOTE, THEY
WILL BE MUZZLED —
BIDEN: THAT'S WHAT HE IS GOING
TO TRY TO DO.
BUT THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF
SCIENTISTS OUT THERE LIKE THIS
GREAT HOSPITAL THAT DON'T WORK
FOR HIM.
THEIR JOB DOESN'T DEPEND ON HIM.
THEY ARE THE PEOPLE, BY THE WAY

TRUMP: SPOKE TO THE SCIENTISTS
IN CHARGE.
THEY WILL HAVE THE VACCINE VERY
SOON.
BIDEN: IF YOU BELIEVE FOR A
MOMENT WHAT HE IS TELLING YOU
AND ALL OF THE LIES THAT HE HAS
TOLD YOU ABOUT THE ISSUE
RELATING TO COVID, HE STILL
HASN'T EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED THAT HE
KNEW THIS WAS HAPPENING.
HE KNEW HOW DANGEROUS IT WAS
GOING TO BE BACK IN FEBRUARY,
AND HE DIDN'T EVEN TELL YOU.
HE'S ON RECORD AS SAYING IT.
HE PANICKED OR HE JUST LOOKED AT
THE STOCK MARKET, ONE OF THE
TWO.
BECAUSE GUESS WHAT, A LOT OF
PEOPLE DIED, AND A LOT MORE ARE
GOING TO UNLESS HE GETS SMARTER
QUICKER.
MODERATOR: MR. PRESIDENT —
TRUMP: YOU SAID YOU WENT TO
DELAWARE STATE BUT YOU FORGOT
THE NAME OF YOUR COLLEGE.
YOU GRADUATED EVEN THE LOWEST OR
ALMOST TO THE LOWEST IN YOUR
CLASS.
DON'T USE THE WORD SMART WITH
ME.
BIDEN: GIVE ME A BREAK.
TRUMP: THERE'S NOTHING SMART
ABOUT YOU.
FORTY-SEVEN YEARS, YOU HAVEN'T
DONE ANYTHING.
LET ME SAY SOMETHING, IF YOU
WOULD HAVE HAD THE CHARGE OF
WHAT I WAS PUT THROUGH.
I HAD TO CLOSE THE GREATEST
ECONOMY IN THE HISTORY OF THE
COUNTRY AND BY THE WAY NOW IT IS
BEING BUILT AGAIN —
MODERATOR: WE WILL TALK ABOUT
THE ECONOMY IN THE NEXT SEGMENT.
WHEN IT COMES TO HOW THE VIRUS
HAS BEEN HANDLED SO FAR, THE TWO
OF YOU HAVE TAKEN VERY DIFFERENT
APPROACHES AND THIS IS GOING TO
AFFECT HOW THE VIRUS IS HANDLED
GOING FORWARD BY WHICHEVER TO
VIEW ENDS UP BECOMING THE NEXT
PRESIDENT.
I WANT TO QUICKLY GO THROUGH
SEVERAL OF THOSE.
THREE OPENINGS.
VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN, YOU'VE
BEEN MORE RELUCTANT FAN
PRESIDENT TRUMP ABOUT REOPENING
OF THE ECONOMY IN SCHOOLS.
WHY COLLECTS.
BIDEN: HE DOESN'T HAVE A PLAN.
IF I WERE RUNNING I WOULD'VE
KNOW THE PLAN.
YOU'VE GOT TO PROVIDE BUSINESSES
THE ABILITY TO HAVE THE MONEY TO
REOPEN WITH THE PPE AS WELL AS
THE SANITATION.
YOU HAVE TO PROVIDE THAT — WILL
YOU JUST SHUSH FOR A MINUTE.
NANCY PELOSI AND CHUCK SCHUMER,
THEY HAVE A PLAN.
HE WON'T EVEN MEET WITH THEM.
THE REPUBLICANS WON'T MEET WITH
THE SENATE, AND HE SITS AT HIS
GOLF COURSE.
LITERALLY, THINK ABOUT IT —
MODERATOR: WHAT ABOUT THE
QUESTION OF REOPENING?
TRUMP: HE WANTS TO SHUTDOWN THE
SHUT DOWN THECOUNTRY AND I WANTT
OPEN.
LET ME SHUT YOU DOWN FOR A
SECOND, FOR JUST ONE SECOND.
HE WANTS TO SHUT DOWN THE
COUNTRY.
WE JUST WENT THROUGH IT.
WE HAD TO BECAUSE WE DIDN'T KNOW
ANYTHING ABOUT THE DISEASE.
NOW WE FIND THAT ELDERLY PEOPLE
WITH HEART PROBLEMS AND DIABETES
INTO DIFFERENT PROBLEMS ARE VERY
VULNERABLE.
WE LEARNED A LOT.
YOUNGER CHILDREN ARE NOT.
EVEN YOUNGER PEOPLE AREN'T.
BUT HE WANTS TO SHUT IT DOWN.
MORE PEOPLE WILL BE HURT BY
CONTINUING.
IF YOU LOOK AT PENNSYLVANIA AND
A LOOK AT CERTAIN STATES THAT
HAVE BEEN SHUT DOWN, THEY HAVE
DEMOCRAT GOVERNORS.
ONE OF THE REASONS THEY SHUT
DOWN IS BECAUSE THEY WANT TO
WAIT UNTIL AFTER THE ELECTION —
MODERATOR: I WANT TO MOVE ON TO
ANOTHER SUBJECT.
MODERATOR: YOU'VE BEGUN TO
INCREASINGLY QUESTION THE MASKS
AND THE DISEASE PREVENTER.
YOU CITED THE ISSUE OF
WAITRESSES AND WAITERS TOUCHING
THEIR MASKS INTO TOUCHING
PLATES.
ARE YOU QUESTIONING —
TRUMP: I HAVE A MASK RIGHT HERE.
I WILL PUT IT ON WHEN I THINK I
NEED IT.
AS AN EXAMPLE TONIGHT EVERYBODY
HAS HAD A TEST AND SOCIAL
DISTANCING AND ALL THE THINGS
YOU HAVE TO.
BUT I WEAR THEM WHEN NEEDED.
I DON'T WEAR ONE LIKE HIM.
EVERY SIGN YOU SEE HIM HE IS
WEARING ONE HE COULD BE SPEAKING
200 FEET AWAY AND IT SHOWS UP SH
THE BIGGEST MASK I'VE EVER SEEN.
MODERATOR: VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN,
GO AHEAD, SIR.
BIDEN: THE WAY TO OPEN
BUSINESSES IS TO GIVE THEM THE
WHEREWITHAL TO OPEN.
WE'VE PROVIDED MONEY —
MODERATOR: I WAS ASKING ABOUT
MASKS.
BIDEN: HIS OWN HEAD OF THE CDC
IS THAT IF WE WERE ONE BETWEEN
NOW, IF EVERY ONE OF MORE MONEY
AT A SOCIAL DISTANCE BETWEEN NOW
INTO JANUARY WE WOULD SAVE UP TO
100,000 LIVES.
IT MATTERS.
TRUMP: AND THEY'VE ALSO SAID
THAT THE OPPOSITE.
BIDEN: NO SERIOUS PERSON SAID
THE OPPOSITE.
TRUMP: DOCTOR FAUCI.
THEN HE CHANGED HIS MIND.
MODERATOR: I WANT TO ASK ABOUT
ALASKA SUBJECT BECAUSE YOUR
DIFFERENT APPROACH AFFECTED THE
WAY THAT YOU HAVE CAMPAIGNED.
PRESIDENT TRUMP, YOU ARE HOLDING
LARGE RALLIES WITH THOUSANDS OF
PEOPLE —
TRUMP: OUTSIDE.
MODERATOR: VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN,
YOU ARE HOLDING MUCH SMALLER
EVENTS —
TRUMP: NOBODY WILL SHOW UP.
NOBODY SHOWS UP TO HIS RALLIES.
MODERATOR: IN ANY CASE, WHY ARE
YOU HOLDING THE BIGGER RALLIES
AND YOU ARE NOT.
YOU GO AHEAD, SIR.
TRUMP: BECAUSE PEOPLE WANT TO
HEAR WHAT I HAVE TO SAY.
TWENTY-FIVE, 30,000 PEOPLE SHOW
UP AT AIRPORTS — SO FAR WE HAVE
HAD NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER.
IT'S OUTSIDE OF THAT'S THE BIG G
DIFFERENCE ACCORDING TO THE
EXPERTS.
WE DO THEM OUTSIDE AND WE HAVE
TREMENDOUS CROWDS.
LITERALLY IN 24 HOURS NOTICE AND
SHOW DOES THE CIRCLE AND HAS
CIRCLES SOME PLACES.
BIDEN: A REPORTER CAME UP TO HIM
TO ASK A QUESTION AND SAID NO,
NO, PUT ON YOUR MASK.
HAVE YOU BEEN TESTED?
HE IS NOT WORRIED ABOUT THE
PEOPLE OUT THERE.
MODERATOR: I WANT TO MOVE ONTO
THE NEXT —
TRUMP:
BIDEN: HE'S BEEN TOTALLY
IRRESPONSIBLE THE WAY THAT HE
HAS HANDLED THE SOCIAL
DISTANCING AND PEOPLE WEARING
MASKS.
BASICALLY ENCOURAGING THEM NOT
TO.
AND HE IS A FOOL ON THAT.
MODERATOR:
TRUMP: IF YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN
THE PRESS YOU WOULD HAVE DONE
THE SAME —
MODERATOR: COULD WE MOVE ONTO
THE ECONOMY.
IF THE ECONOMY IS I THINK IT IS
FAIR TO SAY RECOVERING FASTER
THAN EXPECTED FROM THE SHUTDOWN
IN THE SECOND QUARTER.
THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE FELL TO
8.4% LAST MONTH.
THE FEDERAL RESERVE SAYS THE HIT
TO GROW WHICH IS GOING TO BE
THERE ISN'T GOING TO BE NEARLY
AS BIG AS THEY HAD EXPECTED.
PRESIDENT TRUMP, YOU SAY THAT WE
ARE IN A V-SHAPED RECOVERY AND
VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN, YOU SAY
THAT IT'S MORE OF A K-SHAPE.
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES THAT MEAN
TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE IN TERMS
OF THE ECONOMY?
PRESIDENT TRUMP, YOU GO FIRST.
TRUMP: WHEEDLED THE GREATEST
ECONOMY AND CLOSED IT DOWN WHEN
THE PLAGUE CAME AND WE CLOSED IT
DOWN WHICH WAS VERY HARD
PSYCHOLOGICALLY TO DO.
HE DIDN'T THINK WE SHOULD CLOSE
IT DOWN AND HE WAS WRONG.
2 MILLION PEOPLE WOULD BE DEAD
NOW INSTEAD OF, STILL, 204,000.
ONE PERSON IS TOO MUCH.
IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED
FROM CHINA.
WHAT HAPPENED AS WE CLOSED IT
DOWN AND NOW WE ARE REOPENING
AND WE ARE DOING RECORD
BUSINESS.
WE HAD A 10.4 MILLION PEOPLE IN
A FOUR-MONTH PERIOD THAT WE PUT
BACK INTO THE WORKFORCE.
THAT IS A RECORD OF THE LIKES OF
WHICH NOBODY HAS SEEN BEFORE AND
HE WANTS TO CLOSE DOWN.
HE WILL SHUT IT DOWN AGAIN.
HE WILL DESTROY THIS COUNTRY.
A LOT OF PEOPLE BETWEEN DRUGS
AND ALCOHOL AND DEPRESSION —
WHEN YOU START SHUTTING IT DOWN,
YOU TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT IS
HAPPENING WITH SOME OF YOUR
DEMOCRATIC RUN STATES WITH THESE
TOUGH SHUTDOWNS AND I'M TELLING
YOU IT'S BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT
TO OPEN.
ONE OF THEM CAME OUT LAST WEEK
— YOU SOLVE OUT.
WE ARE GOING TO OPEN
NOVEMBER 9TH.
BECAUSE IT IS AFTER THE
ELECTION.
THEY THINK THEY ARE HURTING US
BY KEEPING THEM CLOSED.
IF THEY ARE HURTING PEOPLE.
THEY KNOW WHAT TO DO, THEY CAN
SOCIAL DISTANCE, WASH THEIR
HANDS, WEAR A MASK, DO WHATEVER
THEY WANT BUT THEY'VE GOT TO
OPEN THEIR STATES UP.
WHEN YOU LOOK AT NORTH CAROLINA
AND THESE GOVERNORS UNDER SIEGE.
PENNSYLVANIA, MICHIGAN AND A
COUPLE OF OTHERS, OPEN THESE
STATES UP.
IT'S NOT FAIR.
YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT ALMOST
LIKE BEING IN PRISON.
AND YOU LOOK AT WHAT IS GOING ON
WITH DIVORCE AND ALCOHOLISM AND
DRUGS.
IT'S A VERY SAD THING.
AND HE WILL CLOSE DOWN THE WHOLE
COUNTRY.
AND DESTROY OUR COUNTRY.
OUR COUNTRY IS COMING BACK
INCREDIBLY WELL, SETTING RECORDS
AS IT DOES.
WE DON'T NEED SOMEBODY TO COME
IN AND SAY LET'S SHUT IT DOWN.
MODERATOR: ALL RIGHT.
WE WILL NOW MOVE TO YOU.
AS I SAID, POSING THE QUESTION
THE PRESIDENT SAYS THAT IT IS A
V-SHAPED RECOVERY AND YOU SAY
THAT IT'S A K-SHAPE RECOVERY.
BIDEN: THE DIFFERENCE IS
MILLIONAIRES AND BILLIONAIRES
LIKE HIM IN THE MIDDLE OF A
COVID CRISIS THEY'VE DONE VERY
WELL.
REALLY ENTERS HAVE MADE ANOTHER
$300 BILLION BECAUSE OF HIS TAX
PROPOSAL AND FOCUSING ON THE
MARKET.
BUT YOU FOLKS AT HOME LIVING IN
SCRANTON AND ALL THESE SMALL
TOWNS AND WORKING CLASS TOWNS,
HOW ARE YOU DOING?
HE PAID A TOTAL OF $750 —
TRUMP: YOU HAVE AGREED TO THE
TWO MINUTES —
BIDEN: THE FACT IS HE'S WORKED
ON THIS IN A WAY THAT HE WILL BE
THE FIRST PRESIDENT OF THE
UNITED STATES TO LEAVE OFFICE
HAVING FEWER JOBS IN HIS
ADMINISTRATION THEN WHEN HE
BECAME PRESIDENT.
FEWER JOBS THAN WHEN HE BECAME.
FIRST IN AMERICAN HISTORY.
SECONDLY, THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE
LOST THEIR JOBS ARE THOSE PEOPLE
THAT HAVE BEEN ON THE FRONT
LINES.
THOSE PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN
SAVING OUR LIVES.
THOSE PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN OUT
THERE DYING.
PEOPLE WHO'VE BEEN PUTTING
THEMSELVES IN THE WAY TO MAKE
SURE THAT WE COULD ALL TRY TO
MAKE IT.
THE IDEA THAT HE IS INSISTING
THAT WE GO FORWARD AND OPEN WHEN
YOU HAVE ALMOST HALF THE STATES
IN AMERICA WITH A SIGNIFICANT
INCREASE IN COVID DEATHS AND
CASES IN THE UNITED STATES OF
AMERICA AND HE WANTS TO OPEN IT
MORE.
WHY DOESN'T HE TAKE CARE OF THE
AMERICA — YOU CAN'T FIX THE
ECONOMY UNTIL YOU FIX THE COVID
CRISIS.
AND HE HAS NO INTENTION OF DOING
ANYTHING ABOUT MAKING IT BETTER
FOR YOU ALL AT HOME IN TERMS OF
YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY.
SCHOOLS, WHY ARE SCHOOLS OPEN?
BECAUSE IT COSTS A LOT OF MONEY
TO OPEN THEM SAFELY.
THEY WERE GOING TO GIVE, HIS
ADMINISTRATION GIVE THE SCHOOLS
AND TEACHERS MASKS AND THEN THEY
DECIDED THEY COULDN'T DO THAT
BECAUSE IT ISN'T A NATIONAL
EMERGENCY.
NOT A NATIONAL EMERGENCY.
THEY'VE NOTHING TO HELP THE
BUSINESSES.
THEY ARE CLOSING, ONE SIXTH IS
NOW GONE.
HE OUGHT TO GET ON THE JOB AND
TAKE CARE OVER THE NEEDS OF THE
AMERICAN PEOPLE SO WE CAN OPEN
SAFELY.
MODERATOR: YOUR TIME IS UP, SIR.
TRUMP: I WOULD LIKE TO RESPOND.
MODERATOR: YOU HAVE TWO MINUTES,
SIR.
TRUMP: PEOPLE WANT THEIR SCHOOLS
OPEN.
THEY DON'T WANT TO BE SHUT DOWN.
THEY DON'T WANT THEIR STATES
SHUTDOWN.
I LOOK AT THE NEW YORK AND IT'S
SO SAD WHAT'S HAPPENING IN NEW
YORK.
IT'S ALMOST LIKE A GHOST TOWN
AND I'M NOT SURE THAT IT CAN
RECOVER.
PEOPLE WANT TO THEIR PLACES
OPEN.
THEY WANT TO GET BACK TO THEIR
LIVES.
THEY WILL BE CAREFUL, BUT THEY
WANT THEIR SCHOOLS OPEN B6.
BIDEN: I —
TRUMP: IT WAS ME AND I'M HAPPY
TO DO IT.
PEOPLE OF OHIO ARE HAPPY —
MODERATOR: WE WILL GET TO THE
ECONOMIC PLANS GOING FORWARD
ABOUT FIRST, MR. PRESIDENT, AS
YOU KNOW THERE'S A NEW REPORT
THAT IN 2016, THE YEAR THAT YOU
WERE ELECTED AND IN 2017, YOUR
FIRST YEAR, THAT YOU PAID $750 A
YEAR IN FEDERAL INCOME TAX EACH
OF THOSE YEARS.
I KNOW THAT YOU PAY A LOT OF
OTHER TAXES, BUT I'M ASKING THE
SPECIFIC QUESTION IS IT TRUE
THAT YOU PAID $750 IN FEDERAL
INCOME TAXES IN EACH OF THOSE
TWO YEARS?
TRUMP: I PAID MILLIONS OF
DOLLARS IN TAXES.
MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN INCOME
TAX AND LET ME TELL YOU THERE
WAS A STORY IN ONE OF THE
PAPERS, I HIT $38,000,000.1
YEAR.
I PAID 27 —
BIDEN: SHOW US YOUR TAX RETURNS.
TRUMP: YOU WILL SEE IT AS SOON
AS IT IS FINISHED.
GO TO THE BOARD OF ELECTIONS.
IT SHOWS EVERY BANK THAT I HAVE,
I AM TOTALLY UNDER LEVERAGED
BECAUSE THE ASSETS ARE EXTREMELY
GOOD AND WE HAVE —
MODERATOR: I'M ASKING A SPECIFIC
QUESTION.
I UNDERSTAND ALL THAT, BUT I'M
ASKING — KNOW, MR. PRESIDENT,
I'M ASKING THE QUESTION WILL YOU
TELL US HOW MUCH YOU PAID IN
FEDERAL INCOME TAXES IN 2016 AND
2017?
TRUMP: MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.
MODERATOR: SONATA 750?
TRUMP: AND YOU WILL GET TO SEE
IT.
LET ME JUST TELL YOU SOMETHING.
IT WAS THE TAX LAWS.
I DON'T WANT — BEFORE I CAME
HERE, I WAS A PRIVATE DEVELOPER.
LIKE EVERY OTHER PRIVATE PERSON,
UNLESS THEY ARE STUPID, THEY GO
THROUGH THE LAWS AND THAT'S WHAT
IT IS.
HE PASSED A TAX BILL THAT GAVE
US ALL THESE PRIVILEGES FOR
DEPRECIATION AND FOR TAX
CREDITS.
WE BUILD A BUILDING AND GET TAX
CREDITS LIKE THE HOTEL ON
PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE, WHICH BY
THE WAY, IT WAS GIVEN TO ME BY
THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION IF YOU
CAN BELIEVE THAT.
MODERATOR: VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN,
DO YOU WANT TO RESPOND.
BIDEN: THE TAX CODE THAT MADE
HIM, PUT HIM IN THE POSITION HE
PAYS LESS TAX THAN A
SCHOOLTEACHER, ON THE MONEY A
SCHOOLTEACHER MAKES IS BECAUSE
HE SAID HE'S SMART BECAUSE HE
CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE TAX
CODE, AND HE DOES TAKE ADVANTAGE
OF THE TAX CODE.
THAT'S WHY I'M GOING TO
ELIMINATE THE TRUMP TAX CUTS AND
MAKE SURE THAT WE INVEST IN THE
PEOPLE WHO IN FACT NEED THE
HELP.
PEOPLE OUT THERE NEED HELP.
[INAUDIBLE]
TRUMP: YOU WERE A SENATOR — LET
ME JUST TELL YOU, JOE, I'VE DONE
MORE IN 47 MONTHS THEN YOU HAVE
DONE IN 47 YEARS, JOE.
WE'VE DONE THINGS YOU'VE NEVER
EVEN THOUGHT OF INCLUDING FIXING
THE BROKEN MILITARY THAT YOU
GAVE ME AND TAKING CARE OF THAT
FOR —
MODERATOR: WE ARE TALKING ABOUT
THE ECONOMY.
I'D LIKE TO ASK ABOUT YOUR PLANS
GOING FORWARD, BECAUSE MR. VICE
PRESIDENT, YOUR ECONOMIC PLAN IF
YOU WERE TO BE ELECTED, FOCUSES
A LOT ON BIG GOVERNMENT, BIG
TAXES AND BIG SPENDING.
I WANT TO FOCUS FIRST ON THE
TAXES.
YOU PROPOSED MORE THAN
$4 TRILLION OVER A DECADE IN NEW
TAXES ON INDIVIDUALS MAKING MORE
THAN $400,000 A YEAR AND ON
CORPORATIONS.
PRESIDENT TRUMP SAYS THAT KIND
OF INCREASE IN TAXES IS GOING TO
HURT THE ECONOMY AS IT IS JUST
COMING OUT OF A RECESSION.
BIDEN: TAKE A LOOK AT THE
ANALYSIS BY THE WALL STREET
FIRMS.
IT POINTS OUT THAT MY ECONOMIC
PLAN WOULD CREATE 7 MILLION MORE
JOBS THAN HIS, NUMBER ONE.
AND NUMBER TWO, IT WOULD CREATE
AN ADDITIONAL $1 TRILLION OF
ECONOMIC GROWTH BECAUSE IT WOULD
BE ABOUT BUYING AMERICANS, THAT
WE ARE GOING TO MAKE THIS — WE
SPENT 600 BILLION EVERY YEAR ON
THINGS FROM SHIPS TO STEAL TWO
BUILDINGS AND THE LIKE.
UNDER MY PROPOSAL, WE ARE GOING
TO MAKE SURE THAT EVERY PENNY OF
THAT HAS TO BE MADE BY A COMPANY

MODERATOR: I'M TALKING ABOUT
TAXES, NOT SPENDING.
BIDEN: I WILL ELIMINATE A
SIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF TAXES.
AT THE CORPORATE TAX WILL BE
28%, IT SHOULDN'T BE 21%.
YOU HAVE 91 COMPANIES IN THE
FORTUNE 500 WHO DON'T PAY A
SINGLE PENNY IN TAXES MAKING
BILLIONS —
TRUMP: YOU IN FACT PAST THAT.
[INAUDIBLE]
MODERATOR: MR. PRESIDENT, LET ME
PICK UP ON THAT.
YOU WOULD CONTINUE YOUR FREE
MARKET APPROACH, LOWER TAXES,
MORE OF THE REGULATIONS B6.
BIDEN: NOT ON THE AMERICAN
PEOPLE.
MODERATOR: BUT YOU TALK ABOUT
THE ECONOMY BOOMING.
IT TURNS OUT THAT IN OBAMA'S
FINAL THREE YEARS OF PRESIDENT,
MORE JOBS WERE CREATED.
1.5 MILLION JOBS THAN IN THE
FIRST THREE YEARS OF YOUR
PRESIDENCY.
TRUMP: THEY HAD AT THE SLOWEST
RECOVERY SINCE THE ECONOMIC
RECOVERY SINCE 1929.
IT WAS THE SLOWEST RECOVERY.
ALSO, THEY TOOK OVER SOMETHING
THAT WAS DOWN.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TURN ON
THE LIGHTS.
BUT THEY HAD THE SLOWEST
ECONOMIC RECOVERY SINCE 1929.
LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THE STOCK
MARKET.
WHEN IT GOES UP, IT ALSO MEANS
JOBS AND 401(K).
IF YOU WANT TO TERMINATE MY
TAXES I TELL YOU WHAT, YOU WILL
LOSE HALF OF THE COMPANIES THAT
ARE POURED IN HERE THEY WILL
LEAVE AND COMPANIES ALREADY HERE
WILL LEAVE FOR OTHER PLACES.
THEY WILL LEAVE AND YOU WILL
HAVE A DEPRESSION THE LIKES OF
WHICH YOU'VE NEVER SEEN.
BIDEN: THE WORST RECESSION SHORT
OF A DEPRESSION AND HISTORY.
I WAS ASKED TO BRING IT BACK.
WE HAD AN ECONOMIC RECOVERY THAT
CREATED THE JOBS YOU ARE TALKING
ABOUT.
WE HANDED HIM A BOOMING ECONOMY
AND HE BLEW IT.
TRUMP: IT WASN'T BOOMING.
IT WAS THE WEAKEST RECOVERY —
MODERATOR: IS IT FAIR TO SAY HE
BLEW IT WHEN THERE WAS RECORD
LOW UNEMPLOYMENT BEFORE COVID?
BIDEN: WHAT HE DID EVEN BEFORE
COVID, MANUFACTURING WENT IN THE
WHOLE.
NUMBER TWO, NUMBER THREE —
TRUMP: NO, YOU WERE ON NUMBER
TWO.
BIDEN: THEY SAID THAT IT WOULD
TAKE A MIRACLE TO BRING BACK
MANUFACTURING.
I BROUGHT BACK.
TRUMP: THEY GAVE UP ON
MANUFACTURING.
BIDEN: I WAS ASKED TO BRING BACK
CHRYSLER AND GENERAL MOTORS.
RIGHT HERE IN OHIO AND MICHIGAN.
HE BLEW IT.
THEY ARE GONE.
TRUMP: OHIO HAD THE BEST YEAR
IT'S EVER HAD.
MICHIGAN HAD THE BEST YEAR
THEY'VE EVER HAD.
BIDEN: THAT ISN'T TRUE.
TRUMP: THEY WENT TO MICHIGAN AND
OHIO.
MODERATOR: MR. VICE PRESIDENT.
BIDEN: TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HE'S
ACTUALLY DONE.
HE'S DONE VERY LITTLE.
HIS TRADE DEALS ARE THE SAME
WAY.
HE TALKS ABOUT THESE TRADE DEALS
AND HE TALKS ABOUT THE ART OF
THE DEAL.
CHINA PERFECTED THE ART OF THE
DEAL.
WE HAVE A HIGHER DEFICIT THE
FAMILY DID BEFORE.
WE ARE THE HIGHEST TRADE DEFICIT

TRUMP: AND CHINA AID YOUR LUNCH.
YOUR SON TAKES OUT BILLIONS OF
DOLLARS TO MANAGE, MAKES MIX MI,
AND ALSO WHILE YOU'RE AT IT,
JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY, THE MAYOR
OF MOSCOW'S WIFE GAVE YOUR SON
$3.5 MILLION.
WHAT DID HE DO TO DESERVE THAT?
WHAT DID HE DO WITH —
BIDEN: NONE OF THAT IS TRUE.
TOTALLY DISCREDITED.
MODERATOR: IT'S AN OPEN
DISCUSSION.
[INAUDIBLE]
TRUMP: WITH NO EXPERIENCE IN
ENERGY.
BIDEN: MY SON DID NOTHING WRONG
AT BURISMA.
MODERATOR: MR. PRESIDENT, LET
HIM ANSWER.
BIDEN: HE DOESN'T WANT TO LET ME
ANSWER BECAUSE HE KNOWS I HAVE
THE TRUTH.
THE POSITION HAS BEEN TOTALLY,
THOROUGHLY DISCREDITED.
BY THE MEDIA, BY OUR ALLIES, THE
WORLD BANK, BY EVERYONE.
IT'S DISCREDITED.
MATTER OF FACT —
TRUMP: $3.5 MILLION FROM MOSCOW.
BIDEN: HE TESTIFIED UNDER OATH
AND SAID I DID MY JOB AND I DID
IT VERY WELL.
TRUMP: I WILL GIVE YOU THE LIST
OF PEOPLE —
BIDEN: YOU'VE ALREADY FIRED MOST
OF THEM BECAUSE THEY DID THEIR
JOBS.
MODERATOR: YOU GET THE FINAL
WORD.
BIDEN: IT'S HARD TO GET ANY WORD
IN WITH THIS CLOWN.
TRUMP: WHY DID HE DESERVE
3.5 MILLION FROM MOSCOW?
BIDEN: HERE'S THE DEAL, WE WANT
TO TALK ABOUT FAMILIES AND
ETHICS.
HIS FAMILY WE GO TO TALK ABOUT
ALL NIGHT.
[INAUDIBLE]
MODERATOR: MR. PRESIDENT —
BIDEN: IT'S NOT ABOUT FAMILY.
HE DOESN'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT
WHAT YOU NEED, THE AMERICAN
PEOPLE.
IT'S ABOUT YOU, THAT'S WHAT WE
ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE.
MODERATOR: THAT IS THE END OF
THIS SEGMENT.
WE ARE MOVING ON.
TRUMP: CAN I BE HONEST —
MODERATOR: NO, SIR [INAUDIBLE]
MODERATOR: GENTLEMEN, I HATE TO
RAISE MY VOICE BUT WHY SHOULD I
BE DIFFERENT THAN THE TWO OF
YOU.
SO, WE HAVE SIX SEGMENTS.
WE ARE GOING TO GO TO THE NEXT.
IN THAT SEGMENT YOU WILL EACH
HAVE TWO MINUTES UNINTERRUPTED
AND IN THOSE TWO MINUTES,
MR. PRESIDENT, YOU CAN SAY
ANYTHING YOU WANT.
I'M GOING TO ASK A QUESTION, BUT
IF YOU WANT TO ANSWER ABOUT
SOMETHING ELSE, GO AHEAD.
BUT I THINK THAT THE COUNTRY
WOULD BE BETTER SERVED IF WE
ALLOW BOTH PEOPLE TO SPEAK WITH
FEWER INTERRUPTIONS.
I AM APPEALING TO YOU TO DO
THAT.
TRUMP: AND HIM ALSO.
MODERATOR: FRANKLY YOU'VE BEEN
DOING MORE INTERRUPTING.
TRUMP: HE DOES PLENTY.
MODERATOR: LESS THAN YOU HAVE.
LET'S CONTINUE ON.
THE ISSUE OF RACE, VICE
PRESIDENT BIDEN, YOU SAY THAT
PRESIDENT TRUMP'S RESPONSE TO
THE VIOLENCE IN CHARLOTTESVILLE
THREE YEARS AGO, WHEN HE TALKED
ABOUT VERY FINE PEOPLE ON BOTH
SIDES WAS WHAT DIRECTLY LED YOU
TO LAUNCH THIS RUN FOR
PRESIDENT.
PRESIDENT TRUMP, YOU'VE OFTEN
CITED THAT YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE
DONE MORE FOR BLACK AMERICANS
THAN ANY PRESIDENT WITH THE
POSSIBLE EXCEPTION OF ABRAHAM
LINCOLN.
MY QUESTION FOR THE TWO OF YOU
IS WHY SHOULD VOTERS TRUST YOU
RATHER THAN YOUR OPPONENT TO
DEAL WITH THE RACE ISSUES FACING
THIS COUNTRY OVER THE NEXT FOUR
YEARS?
VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN, YOU WILL
GO FIRST.
BIDEN: EQUITY, EQUALITY.
IT'S ABOUT OF DECENCY, THE
CONSTITUTION.
WE HAVE NEVER WALKED AWAY FROM
TRYING TO ACQUIRE EQUITY FOR
EVERYONE AND ALL OF AMERICA.
BUT WE HAVE NEVER ACCOMPLISHED.
WE'VE NEVER WALKED AWAY FROM IT
LIKE HE'S DONE.
THE REASON I GOT IN THE RACE,
CLOSED HER EYES.
REMEMBER WHAT THOSE PEOPLE LOOK
LIKE COMING OUT WITH THEIR VEINS
BULGING AND JUST SPEWING
ANTI-SOMATIC BILE ACCOMPANIED BY
THE KU KLUX KLAN.
A YOUNG WOMAN GOT KILLED AND THE
PRESIDENT SAID THEY ARE VERY
FINE PEOPLE ON BOTH SIDES.
NO PRESIDENT HAS EVER SAID
ANYTHING LIKE THAT.
THE SECOND POINT I WOULD MAKE IS
THAT WHEN GEORGE FLOYD WAS
KILLED, THERE WAS A PEACEFUL
PROTEST IN FRONT OF THE WHITE
HOUSE.
WHAT DID HE DO?
HE CAME OUT OF HIS BUNKER AND
HEAD OF THE MILITARY USED
TEARGAS ON THEM SO HE COULD GO
TO A CHURCH AND HOLD UP THE
BIBLE AND THEN WHAT HAPPENED?
THE BISHOP OF THAT VERY CHURCH
SAID THAT IT WAS A DISGRACE.
THE GENERAL THAT WAS WITH HIM
SAID ALL HE EVER WANTS TO DO IS
DIVIDE PEOPLE, NOT UNITED PEOPLE
AT ALL.
THIS IS A PRESIDENT THAT HAS
USED EVERYTHING AS A DOG WHISTLE
TO TRY TO GENERATE RACIST
HATRED, RACIST DIVISION.
THIS IS A MAN WHO WHEN YOU TALK
ABOUT HELPING AFRICAN-AMERICANS,
ONE IN 1,000 AFRICAN-AMERICANS
HAS BEEN KILLED BECAUSE OF THE
CORONAVIRUS.
AND IF HE DOESN'T DO SOMETHING
QUICKLY BY THE END-OF-THE-YEAR,
ONE IN 500 WILL HAVE BEEN
KILLED.
ONE IN 500 AFRICAN-AMERICANS.
THIS MAN IS THE SAVIOR OF
AFRICAN-AMERICANS?
THIS MAN CARES AT ALL?
THIS MAN HAS DONE VIRTUALLY
NOTHING.
YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT WHAT HE
TALKS ABOUT.
YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT WHAT HE DID
AND WHAT HE DID HAS BEEN
DISASTROUS FOR THE COMMUNITIES.
MODERATOR: WHY SHOULD AMERICANS
TRUST YOU OVER YOUR OPPONENT?
TRUMP: WITH A CRIME BILL, 1994
WHERE YOU CALLED AT THE SUPER
PREDATORS, AFRICAN-AMERICANS
SUPER PREDATORS, AND THEY'VE
NEVER FORGOTTEN IT, JOE.
MODERATOR: IT IS HIS TWO
MINUTES.
TRUMP: SO YOU CALL THEM SUPER
PREDATOR AND I'M LETTING PEOPLE
OUT OF JAIL.
YOU'VE TREATED OF THE
AFRICAN-AMERICAN POPULATION
COMMUNITY, YOU'VE TREATED THE
BLACK COMMUNITY ABOUT AS BAD AS
ANYBODY IN THIS COUNTRY.
AND THAT'S WHY IF YOU LOOK AT
THE POLLS, I AM DOING BETTER
THAN ANY REPUBLICAN HAS DONE IN
A LONG TIME, BECAUSE THEY SAW
WHAT YOU DID.
YOU CALL THEM SUPER PREDATORS
AND YOU'VE CALLED THEM WORSE
THAN THAT BECAUSE YOU LOOK BACK
AT YOUR TESTIMONY OVER THE
YEARS, YOU'VE CALLED THEM WORSE
THAN THAT.
AS FAR AS THE CHURCH IS
CONCERNED AND OF THE GENERALS
ARE CONCERNED, WE GOT THE
SUPPORT OF 250 MILITARY LEADERS
AND GENITALS, TOTAL SUPPORT.
LAW ENFORCEMENT, ALMOST EVERY
LAW ENFORCEMENT GROUP IN THE
UNITED STATES.
I HAVE FLORIDA, I HAVE TEXAS, I
HAVE OHIO, I HAVE EVERYBODY.
EXCUSE ME, PORTLAND, THE SHERIFF
JUST CAME OUT TODAY, AND HE SAID
I SUPPORT PRESIDENT TRUMP.
I DON'T THINK THAT YOU HAVE ANY
LAW ENFORCEMENT.
YOU CAN'T EVEN SAY THE WORD LAW
ENFORCEMENT BECAUSE IF YOU SAY
THOSE WORDS YOU WILL LOSE ALL OF
YOUR RADICAL LEFT SUPPORTERS.
WE WOULD PUT OUT THAT FIRE IN TN
HALF-AN-HOUR BUT THEY WON'T DO
IT.
IF YOU LOOK AT CHICAGO.
THEY HEARD WE WERE COMING IN THE
FOLLOWING DAY IN SEATTLE AND
THEY PUT UP THEIR HANDS AND WE
GOT BACK SEATTLE.
MINNEAPOLIS WE GOT IT BACK
BECAUSE WE BELIEVE IN LAW AND
ORDER BUT YOU DON'T.
AT THE TOP TEN CITIES IN JUST
ABOUT THE TOP 40 CITIES RUN BY
DEMOCRATS AND MANY CASES RADICAL
LEFT AND THEY'VE GOT YOU WRAPPED
AROUND THEIR FINGER TO THE POINT
YOU DON'T WANT TO SAY ANYTHING
ABOUT LAW & ORDER.
AND I TELL YOU WHAT, THE PEOPLE
OF THIS COUNTRY WANT AND DEMAND
LAW & ORDER AND YOU ARE AFRAID
TO EVEN SAY IT.
MODERATOR: I WANT TO RETURN TO
THE QUESTION OF RACE.
VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN, AFTER THE
GRAND JURY IN THE BREONNA TAYLOR
CASE DECIDED NOT TO CHARGE WITH
HOMICIDE, YOU SAID RACE IS THE
QUESTION, QUOTE, WHETHER JUSTICE
COULD BE EQUALLY APPLIED IN
AMERICA.
DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THERE IS A
SEPARATE BUT UNEQUAL SYSTEM OF
JUSTICE FOR BLACKS IN THIS
COUNTRY?
BIDEN: THERE IS A SYSTEMIC
INJUSTICE IN EDUCATION AND WORK
AND LAW ENFORCEMENT.
AND THE WAY THAT IT IS ENFORCED.
BUT THE VAST MAJORITY OF POLICE
OFFICERS ARE GOOD, DECENT
HONORABLE MEN AND WOMEN.
THEY RISK THEIR LIVES EVERY DAY
TO TAKE CARE OF US BUT THERE ARE
BAD APPLES.
WHEN THEY OCCUR AND FIND THEM
THEY HAVE TO BE SORTED OUT AND
HELD ACCOUNTABLE.
THEY HAVE TO BE HELD
ACCOUNTABLE.
AND WHAT I'M GOING TO DO AS
PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES
IS CALLED TOGETHER AN ENTIRE
GROUP OF PEOPLE AT THE WHITE
HOUSE, EVERYTHING FROM THE CIVIL
RIGHTS GROUPS AND POLICE
OFFICERS, THE POLICE CHIEFS AND
WE ARE GOING TO WORK THIS OUT.
SO, WE CHANGED THE WAY IN WHICH
WE HAVE MORE TRANSPARENCY.
AND WHEN THESE THINGS HAPPEN.
THESE COPS ARE NOT HAPPY TO SEE
WHAT HAPPENED TO GEORGE FLOYD
ACTIVITIES COPS ARE NOT HAPPY TO
SEE WHAT HAPPENED TO BREONNA
TAYLOR.
MOST DON'T LIKE IT, BUT WE HAVE
TO HAVE A SYSTEM WHERE PEOPLE
ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.
AND BY THE WAY, VIOLINS AND
RESPONSE IS NEVER APPROPRIATE.
PEACEFUL PROTEST IS.
VIOLENCE IS NEVER.
TRUMP: WHEN THEY RUN THROUGH
TOWN, THAT IS NOT PEACEFUL
PROTEST —
MODERATOR: I WOULD LIKE TO
CONTINUE WITH THE ISSUE OF RACE.
WE WILL GET TO THE ISSUE OF LAW
& ORDER.
THIS MONTH, YOUR ADMINISTRATION
DIRECTED FEDERAL AGENCIES TO END
RACIAL SENSITIVITY TRAINING THAT
ADDRESSES WHITE PRIVILEGE OR
CRITICAL RACE THEORY.
WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO DO THAT,
TO END RACIAL SENSITIVITY
TRAINING, AND DO YOU BELIEVE
THAT THERE IS SYSTEMIC RACISM IN
THIS COUNTRY, SIR?
..
>>.
>>BIDEN: HE IS DOING THAT.
HERE IS THE DEAL.
>> THE FACT IS THAT THERE IS
RACIAL INSENSITIVITY AND
PEOPLE HAVE TO BE MADE AWARE
OF WHAT OTHER PEOPLE FEEL LIKE
AND WHAT INSULTS THEM AND WHAT
IS DEMEANING TO THEM.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT PEOPLE
KNOW.
MANY PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO HURT
OTHER PEOPLE'S FEELINGS BUT IT
MAKES A GOOD DIFFERENCE IN A
GIGANTIC DIFFERENCE FOR A
CHILD TO HAVE SELF-ESTEEM LIKE
HOW THIS GUY AND HIS VISIT TO
SO MANY PEOPLE MOVED OUT THERE
KNOWS THAT IRISH CATHOLICS
LIKE ME GROWING UP IN SCRANTON
LOOKING DOWN ON PEOPLE WHO
DON'T HAVE MONEY OR DIFFERENT
FAITH OR DIFFERENT COLOR.
WE ALL AMERICANS.
THE ONLY WAY TO BRING US
TOGETHER IS TO BRING
EVERYBODY.
THERE'S NOTHING WE CANNOT DO
IF WE DO IT TOGETHER.
WE CAN TAKE IT ON AND THE
RACISM.
TRUMP: DURING THE OBAMA BIDEN
ADMINISTRATION THERE'S
TREMENDOUS DIVISION.
LOOK AT HATRED FERGUSON, MANY
PLACES.
LOOK AT OAKLAND.
LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED IN
BALTIMORE.
FRANKLY IT'S MORE VIOLENT THAN
WHAT I AM SEEING NOW.
BUT THE REASON THEY DON'T WANT
TO TALK ABOUT LAW AND ORDER.
BIDEN: I AM IN FAVOR OF LAW.
TRUMP: GO AHEAD HOST: LET HIM
FINISH.
BIDEN: LAW AND ORDER WITH
JUSTICE PEOPLE ARE TREATED
FAIRLY 1715 PERCENT I WERE
DOWN IN OUR ADMINISTRATION
HOST: MR. PRESIDENT NOW YOU
WILL BE HAPPY BECAUSE WE'RE
GOING TO TALK ABOUT WATER IN
ORDER.
>> WE HAD TROUBLE WITH
DEMOCRATIC TWIN CITIES HOST:
HOMICIDES AMERICA THIS SUMMER
IN PARTICULAR YOU WANT TO
BLAME THAT ON DEMOCRATIC
MAYORS AND GOVERNORS.
BUT THERE HAVE BEEN EQUIVALENT
SPIKES OF REPUBLICAN-LED
CITIES LIKE TULSA AND FOR
WORTH IT WAS AS A PARTY ISSUE?
TRUMP: I THINK IT IS A PARTY
ISSUE GO TO CHICAGO TO SHOT
AND EIGHT DIED.
LOOK AT NEW YORK IT IS GOING
UP LIKE NOBODY HAS EVER SEEN.
150, 200 PERCENT IT IS CRAZY.
HE DOESN'T WANT TO SAY LAW AND
ORDER HE CAN'T BECAUSE HE WILL
LOSE THE RADICAL LEFT
SUPPORTERS THEN IT'S OVER
WITH.
YOU FORGOT TO IN THE COUNTRY
THAT HE WOULD WANT TO RUN IT
BY THE WAY THE SUBURBS WOULD
BE GONE.
BIDEN: YOU KNOW SOME UNLESS
YOU TOOK A WRONG TURN SUBURBS
OR BY A LARGE INTEGRATED.
PEOPLE DRIVING THE KIDS TO
SOCCER PRACTICE BLACK AND
WHITE AND HISPANIC IN THE SAME
CAR AT ANY OTHER TIME IN THE
PAST.
WHAT IS OEF THAT IS DEALING
WITH COVID THEY ARE DYING IN
THE SUBURBS THEY ARE BEING
FLOODED AND BURNED OUT THAT IS
BY THE SUBURBS ARE IN
TROUBLE.
TRUMP: I DO HOST: I DO WANT TO
TALK ABOUT LAW AND ORDER WITH
THAT DRIVE RECOMMENDATION
COMING FROM THE BIDEN AND 31 –
– BERNIE SANDERS TASK FORCE
YOU TALK ABOUT IMAGINING
PLACING AND WHAT DOES THAT
MEAN?
AND IF I MIGHT FINISH, DO YOU
SUPPORT THE BLACK LIVES MATTER
CALL FOR COMMUNITY CONTROL OF
POLICING?
BIDEN: I SUPPORT THE PLACE
HAVING THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO
WITH THE PROBLEMS THEY FACE.
I'M NOT TOTALLY OPPOSED TO
DEFUNDING POLICE OFFICERS.
LOCAL POLICE.
WE WENT IN HIS BUDGET IS A
400 MILLION-DOLLAR CUT LOCAL
LAW ENFORCEMENT ASSISTANCE.
THEY NEED MORE ASSISTANCE WHEN
THEY SHOW UP AS 9/11 THEY NEED
A PSYCHIATRIST TO KEEP THEM
FROM USING FORCE TO TALKING
PEOPLE DOWN.
WE NEED COMMUNITY POLICING
OFFICERS GET TO KNOW PEOPLE IN
THE COMMUNITIES SO THAT'S WHEN
CRIME WENT DOWN.
NOT UP, DOWN.
TRUMP: IS NOT WHAT WE'RE
TALKING ABOUT, CHRIS HE HAS NO
LAW.
HE HAS NO LAW ENFORCEMENT.
BIDEN: THAT'S NOT TRUE.
TRUMP: WHO DO YOU HAVE?
NAME ONE GROUP THAT CAME OUT
AND SUPPORTED YOU.
GO AHEAD.
WE HAVE TIME.
BIDEN: WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO
DO ANYTHING.
TRUMP: A ONE LAW-ENFORCEMENT
GROUP HOST: I WILL TAKE BACK
GOING TO ANOTHER SUBJECT WHICH
IS THE ISSUE OF PROTEST IN
MANY CITIES TURNING VIOLENT
INFO AND OREGON ESPECIALLY WE
HAD MORE THAN 103 DAYS A
PROTEST WHICH I THANK YOU
WOULD AGREE MANY OF THOSE
TURNED INTO RIOTS.
BUT MR. YOU SAY THOSE WHO
COMMIT CRIMES SHOULD BE HELD
ACCOUNTABLE.
BUT AS THE DEMOCRATIC
NOMINEE, YOU SAID YOU ARE THE
DEMOCRATIC PARTY RIGHT NOW
HAVE YOU CALL THE DEMOCRATIC
MAYOR OF BERLIN TO THE
GOVERNOR OF OREGON TO SAY YOU
HAVE TO STOP THIS?
BRING IN THE NATIONAL GUARD
AND DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO
STOP THE DAYS AND MONTHS OF
VIOLENCE.
BIDEN: I HOLD PUBLIC OFFICE
NOW.
I'M A FORMER VICE PRESIDENT.
I HAVE MADE IT CLEAR MY PUBLIC
STATEMENTS THE VIOLENCE SHOULD
BE PROSECUTED.
HOST: EXCUSE ME SIR BUT YOU
HAVE NEVER CALLED FOR THE
LEADERS IN GOVERNMENT AND IN
OREGON TO CALL OUT THE
NATIONAL GUARD'S.
TRUMP: THEY ROTATE.
BIDEN: THEY WOULD TAKE CARE OF
IT IF THEY STAY OUT OF THE
WAY.
TRUMP: REALLY CRACKS?
BIDEN: HIS OWN FORMER
SPOKESPERSON SAID RIOTS AND
CHAOS AND VIOLENCE HELP HIS
CAUSE.
TRUMP: WHO SAID THAT?
KELLYANNE CONWAY.
>> I DON'T THINK SHE SAID
THAT.
BIDEN: BUT TO SAY LET'S GET
EVERYBODY TOGETHER AND FIGURE
OUT HOW TO DO WITH THIS WHAT
DOES HE DO?
HE WAS GASOLINE ON THE FIRE
CONSTANTLY.
HOST: I WILL GIVE YOU ONE
MINUTE TO ANSWER.
TRUMP: I MADE A STATEMENT.
HOST: IF YOU WANT TO SWITCH
SEATS WE CAN DO THAT.
TRUMP: THE NATIONAL GUARD
THERE ARE NO PROBLEM.
HOST: YOU REPEATEDLY CRITICIZE
THE VICE PRESIDENT FOR NOT
SPECIFICALLY CALLING OUT WEST
BEING GROUPS INCLUDING ANTIFA
WILL YOU CAN TELL MY
SUPREMACIST AND MILITIA GROUPS
AND TO SAY THAT THEY NEED TO
STAND DOWN AND NOT ADD TO THE
VIOLENCE IN A NUMBER OF THE
CITIES AS WE SAW IN KENOSHA?
TRUMP: I WOULD SAY ALMOST
EVERYTHING I SEE IS FROM THE
LEFT WING NOT THE RIGHT.
I AM WILLING TO DO ANYTHING.
HOST: THEN SAY IT.
BIDEN: DO IT.
TRUMP: GIVE ME A NAME.
STANBACK IN STANDBY.
BUT I WILL TELL YOU WHAT
BECAUSE SOMEBODY HAS TO DO
SOMETHING ABOUT ANTIFA AND THE
LEFT IS NOT A RIGHT THING THE
PROBLEM.
BIDEN: ANTIFA IS AN IDEA NOT
TO AN ORGANIZATION.
HOST: WE ARE DONE.
BIDEN: EVERYBODY THAT TELLS
YOU THE TRUTH YOU SAY IT IS A
BAD IDEA.
YOU HAVE NO IDEA.
TRUMP: ANTIFA IS A DANGEROUS
RADICAL GROUP.
HOST: I AM GOING TO ASK A
QUESTION.
WHEN THE PRESIDENT SEEKS A
SECOND TERM, IT GENERALLY
REFERENDUM ON HIS RECORD BUT
VICE PRESIDENT YOU SAID DON'T
COMPARE ME TO THE ALMIGHTY BUT
COMPARE ME TO THE ALTERNATIVE
AND IN THIS CASE YOU ARE THE
ALTERNATIVE.
LOOKING AT BOTH OF YOUR
RECORDS, WHY SHOULD VOTERS
ELECT YOU PRESIDENT FOR YOUR
OPPONENT AND PRESENT YOU GO
FIRST.
TRUMP: BECAUSE THERE HAS NEVER
BEEN AND ADMINISTRATION OR
PRESIDENT WHO WAS DONE MORE
THAN I HAVE DONE IN A HALF
YEARS.
DISPLAYED THE IMPEACHMENT
HOAX, YOU SAW WHAT HAPPENED
TODAY WITH HILLARY CLINTON AND
A BIG CON JOB.
FIGHTING THE FLANKS ON BOTH
SIDES AND ABOVE NEVER AND
ADMINISTRATION HAS DONE WHAT I
HAVE DONE.
BE.
NINETEEN GREATEST
ECONOMY, LOWEST EMPLOYMENT
NUMBERS.
EVERYTHING WAS GOOD GO BY THE
WAY THERE WAS UNITY.
PEOPLE CALLING ME FOR THE
FIRST TIME IN YEARS TO SAY IT
IS TIME MAYBE GO NOW WE ARE
BUILDING A BACK UP AGAIN.
REBUILDING THE MILITARY
INCLUDING SPACE BAR'S.
FIXING THE VETERANS
ADMINISTRATION A MESS UNDER
HIM.
308,000 PEOPLE DIED BECAUSE
THEY DIDN'T HAVE PROPER
HEALTHCARE NOW WE HAVE
91 PERCENT OF ALL READING FROM
A VETERANS.
WE TAKE CARE OF THEM.
WE HAVE REBUILT THE MILITARY
SOME PEOPLE SAY THE MOST
IMPORTANT GO BY THE END OF THE
FIRST TERM I WILL HAVE 300
FEDERAL JUDGES IN APPEALS
JUDGES.
300 AND HOPE WITH THE GRACE OF
A JUSTICES.
ON THE SUPREME COURT.
WHY SO MANY JUDGES?
BECAUSE HIM AND PERSONAL, LEFT
ME 128 JUDGES TO GO.
WHEN YOU LEAVE OFFICE YOU
DON'T LEAVE JUDGES.
THEY LEFT 128 OPENINGS.
IF I WAS A MEMBER OF HIS PARTY
BECAUSE THEY OF A DIFFERENT
PHILOSOPHY I WOULD SAY IF YOU
LEFT US 128 OPENINGS YOU
CANNOT BE A GOOD PRESIDENT OR
VICE PRESIDENT.
THANK YOU BECAUSE IT GIVES US
NOW IT WILL BE A PART OF THAT
NUMBER BY THE END OF THIS TERM
300 JUDGES IT IS A RECORD.
HOST: WHY SHOULD VOTERS ELECT
YOU PRESIDENT AS OPPOSED TO
PRESIDENT TRUMP?
BIDEN: AND THIS PRESIDENT WE
HAVE BECOME
WEAKER, SICKER, POOR, MORE
DIVIDED, AND MORE VIOLENT.
WAS VICE PRESIDENT WE
INHERITED A RECESSION, HAS
ASKED TO FIX IT, I DID, WE
LEFT HIM A BOOMING ECONOMY AND
HE CAUSED THE RECESSION.
REGARD TO BEING WEAKER, I HAVE
GONE HAD YOU HAD WRITTEN TO
MAKE IT CLEAR WE WILL NOT TAKE
ANY OF THIS STUFF.
HE IS PUTIN'S PUPPY HE USES TO
SAY ANYTHING ABOUT PARKING ON
THE HEAD OF AMERICAN SOLDIERS.
HOST: MR. PRESIDENT YOUR
CAMPAIGN AGREED BOTH SIDES
WOULD GET TO MINUTE ANSWERS
UNINTERRUPTED YOUR SIDE
AGREED.
PLEASE OBSERVE YOUR CAMPAIGN
AGREED TO AS A GROUND RULE.
TRUMP: HE NEVER KEEPS HIS
WORD.
HOST: IT WAS A RHETORICAL
QUESTION.
BIDEN: THE BILLIONAIRES HAVE
GOTTEN MUCH MORE WEALTHY
BETWEEN THREE AND $400 MILLION
MORE SENSE COVID-19.
YOU ARE IN MORE TROUBLE THAN
BEFORE.
IN TERMS OF BEING MORE
VIOLENT, WHEN AN OFFICE WAS
15 PERCENT LESS VIOLENCE IN
AMERICA THAN TODAY.
HE IS PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED
STATES.
IT IS ON HIS WATCH FOR MORE
DIVIDED?
WE CANNOT BE THIS WAY.
SPEAKING OF MY SON, THE WAY
YOU TALK ABOUT THE MILITARY
AND THEM BEING LOSERS AND
SUCKERS, MY SON WAS IN IRAQ
AND SPENT A YEAR THERE.
HE GOT THE ONSTAR, HE WAS NOT
A LOSER HE WAS A PATRIOT IN
THE LEFT BEHIND ARE HEROES.
I AM TALKING ABOUT MY SON BEAU
BIDEN.
TRUMP: HUNTER BIDEN WAS THROWN
OUT BECAUSE OF COCAINE USE
WITH A DISHONORABLE
DISCHARGE.
HE MADE A FORTUNE IN UKRAINE
AND CHINA.
BIDEN: THAT IS NOT TRUE.
BIDEN: MY SON.
MY SON.
MY SON HAD A DRUG PROBLEM HE
IS OVERTAKEN IT HE HAS FIXED
IT.
HE IS WORKED ON IT.
I AM PROUD OF IT.
HOST: WE AS I THINK THE
AMERICAN PEOPLE WILL HEAR
ABOUT SOMETHING MORE
SUBSTANTIAL.
AS A MODERATOR I WILL MAKE A
CALL.
BIDEN: MITT ROMNEY SAID THAT
MONEY IT WAS FOR POLITICAL
REASONS.
TRUMP: I WOULD LIKE TO TALK
ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE.
TRUMP: SO WHAT I.
TRUMP: THE WILDFIRES RAGING
BULL – – PUTTING MILLIONS OF
ACRES, DISPLACED HUNDREDS OF
THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE.
STATE OFFICIALS BLAME ON
CLIMATE CHANGE YOU SAID I
DON'T THINK THE SCIENCE KNOWS.
AFTER THE FOUR YEARS US OUT OF
THE PARIS CLIMATE ACCORD AND
HAVE HER BACK OBAMA
ENVIRONMENTAL RECORDS.
WHAT DO BELIEVE ABOUT THE
SCIENCE OF CLIMATE CHANGE AND
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN THE NEXT
FOUR YEARS TO CONFRONT IT?
TRUMP: CRYSTAL CLEAN AIR AND
WATER RIGHT NOW THE LOWEST
CARBON.
THE NUMBERS RIGHT NOW WE ARE
DOING PHENOMENALLY.
I HAVE NOT DESTROYED WHERE
BUSINESSES.
THEY HAVEN'T BEEN OUT OF
COMMISSION.
LOOK AT THE PARIS ACCORD IT
WAS A DISASTER AND PAPER VERY
HAPPY WHAT IS GOING ON.
THE BUSINESSES ARE DOING
WELL.
YOU NEED FORCE MANAGEMENT WITH
FIRES THEY ARE LOADED UP WITH
THE DEAD TREES THAT ARE YEARS
OLD THAT ARE LIKE TENDER AND
LEAVES IT UP A CIGARETTE
)-RIGHT-PARENTHESIS DOWN.
HOST: WHAT ABOUT THE SCIENCE
OF CLIMATE CHANGE?
TRUMP: WE HAVE TO DO
EVERYTHING WE CAN TO HAVE
IMMACULATE AIR AND IMMACULATE
WATER YOU ARE PLANTING MORE
ENTRIES.
THE 1 BILLION TREE PROJECT.
HOST: DO BELIEVE GREENHOUSE
GAS EMISSIONS CONTRIBUTE.
TRUMP: A LOT OF THINGS TO.
TO AN EXTENT, YES.
WE HAVE TO DO BETTER
MANAGEMENT OF OUR FOREST.
YOU GET THE CALL CALIFORNIA'S
MORNING.
CALIFORNIA IS BURNING.
WITH THAT WAS CLEANED, IF YOU
FORCE MANAGEMENT, IN EUROPE
THEY ARE CALLED FOREST CITIES
AND THEY MAINTAIN THEIR
FOREST.
I WAS THE HEAD OF A MAJOR
COUNTRY THAT IS A FOREST
CITY.
WE HAVE TREES THAT ARE ABLE TO
IGNITE MUCH EASIER AND
CALIFORNIA.
THERE SHOULD BE THE PROBLEM.
GETTING ALONG VERY WELL WITH
THE GOVERNOR.
AT SOME POINT EVERY YEAR YOU
CANNOT HAVE HUNDREDS OF
THOUSANDS OF LAND ONTO THE
GREYHOUND.
HOST: DO BELIEVE IN THE
SCIENCE OF CLIMATE CHANGE THEN
WHY HAVE YOU BACK THE CLEAN
POWER PLAN FROM THE OBAMA
ADMINISTRATION.
TRUMP: IT WAS DRIVING ENERGY
PRICES THROUGH THE SKY.
HOST: YOU ASKED ECONOMY
STANDARDS CREATING MORE
POLLUTION.
TRUMP: NOT REALLY BECAUSE THE
CAR IS MUCH LESS EXPENSIVE AND
IT IS MUCH SAFER.
IS A TINY DIFFERENCE BECAUSE
OF THE COST OF THE CAR HE
WOULD HAVE DOUBLE AND TRIPLE
THE NUMBER OF CARS PURCHASED
WHERE THOSE CARS ARE OUT THERE
TEN OR 12 YEARS OLD THE CAR
WILL BE SAFER AND MUCH CHEAPER.
THAN THAT TAKES CARS OFF THE
MARKET BECAUSE PEOPLE CAN'T
AFFORD A CAR.
PROBABLY WILL SEE HOW THAT
TURNS OUT.
MANY PEOPLE AGREE WITH ME.
THE CAR HAS GOTTEN SO
EXPENSIVE BECAUSE THEY HAVE
COMPUTERS JUST A LITTLE BIT OF
GASOLINE.
I AM OKAY WITH ELECTRIC CARS.
I HAVE GIVEN BIG ACHES – –
INCENTIVES FOR ELECTRIC CARS
BUT WHAT THEY HAVE DONE IN
CALIFORNIA IS CRAZY.
HOST: IS PRESIDENT RESPOND TO
THE CLIMATE CHANGE RECORD OF
THE PRESIDENT.
YOU PROPOSED $2 TRILLION OF
GREEN JOBS AND NEW LIMITS ON
FRACKING AND NEW MISSION
STATEMENT.
[INAUDIBLE CONVERSATIONS]
AND NO NEW NET EMISSIONS BY
2050.
THE PRESIDENT SAYS IT WOULD
TAKE THE ECONOMY COSTING
MILLIONS OF JOBS.
BIDEN: HE IS WRONG NUMBER
ONE.
NUMBER TWO I WAS ABLE TO BRING
DOWN THE COST OF RENEWABLE
ENERGY TO KEEP AND THEN OR AS
CHEAP AS COAL AND GAS AND OIL.
NOBODY WILL BUILD ANOTHER
CLARIFIER PLANT IN AMERICA
WILL FIRE THEY WILL GO TO
RENEWABLE ENERGY.
WE HAVE TO TAKE A FEDERAL
FLEET THAT RUNS ON THE
ELECTRIC VEHICLES.
THE 500,000 IN CHARGER
STATIONS WITH ALL THE HIGHWAYS
WE'RE PULLING IN THE FUTURE
WITH THE ECONOMY TO PROVIDE
FOR THE ABILITY TO TAKE
4 MILLION THINGS TO MAKE SURE
THEY ARE WEATHERIZED IN A WAY
TO EMIT SIGNIFICANTLY LET ONE
– – LESS GAS AND OIL THERE ARE
THINGS WE CAN DO NOW WE CAN
GET TO NANCY WILL IN TERMS OF
ENERGY PRODUCTION BY 2035.
NOT ONLY COSTING JOBS BY
CREATING JOBS AND MILLIONS OF
GOOD PAYING JOBS NOT $15 AN
HOUR THE PREVAILING WAGE BY
HAVING A NEW INFRASTRUCTURE
THAT IS GREEN.
AND I WILL BE JOINED THE PARIS
ACCORD BECAUSE WITH US OUT
WITH WHAT HAPPENS IT IS ALL
FALLING APART AND SOMEONE WITH
NO RELATIONSHIP TO
FOREIGN-POLICY THE RAIN FOREST
OF BRAZIL IS TORN DOWN.
AND EVERY BIT OF CARBON IN THE
UNITED STATES I WILL BE
GATHERING UP THE COUNTRIES OF
THE WORLD TO SAY HERE IS
$20 BILLION.
STOP TEARING DOWN THE FOREST
AND THEN TO A SIGNIFICANT
ECONOMIC CONSEQUENCES.
HOST: THE PRESIDENT SAYS
BALANCING ECONOMIC INTEREST
AND ENVIRONMENTAL INTEREST HE
HAS DRAWN HIS LINE.
BIDEN: HE HASN'T DRAWN A
LINE.
HE WANTS TO MAKE SURE METHANE
IS NOT A PROBLEM.
YOU CAN EMIT MORE.
YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE
STANDARDS FOR THOSE
AUTOMOBILES THAT EXIST NOW.
TRUMP: IS NOT 2 BILLION OR
20 BILLION IT IS 111 ━-DASH
$100 TRILLION TO PEOPLE OF THE
BUILDINGS TO CORE SYSTEMS ARE
OUT THERE WANT TO TAKE OUT THE
COWS.
THAT IS MORE MONEY THAN THE
COUNTRY COULD MAKE IN 100
YEARS.
HOST: ACTUALLY I HAVE STUDIED
YOUR PLAN AND IT INCLUDES
UPGRADING BUILDINGS WITH
RISING 2 MILLION
HOMES, ONE.5 MILLION ENERGY
EFFICIENT HOMES
BUILT, THE QUESTION THAT COMES
THAT THE PRESIDENT IS SAYING
AND THOSE THAT SUPPORT THE
PRESIDENT SAYS IT SOUNDS LIKE
IT WILL COST A LOT OF MONEY
AND HURT THE ECONOMY.
BIDEN: WILL CREATE THOUSANDS
AND MILLIONS OF JOBS.
TRUMP: HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO
DO THAT.
BIDEN: WILL CREATE MILLIONS OF
GOOD PAYING JOBS IN THE TAX
INCENTIVES FOR PEOPLE TO
AUTHORIZE THAT HE WANTS TO GET
RID OF.
HE SAID MAYBE SHOULD DROP THE
NUCLEAR WEAPON.
TRUMP: I NEVER SAID THAT THEY
MADE THAT UP.
YOU MAKE UP A LOT.
>> WE ARE IN A POSITION WHERE
WE CAN CREATE HARD GOOD JOBS
TO MAKE SURE THE ENVIRONMENT
IS CLEAN AND WE ARE ALL IN
BETTER SHAPE.
ON FLOODS AND RISING SEAS WE
ARE IN TROUBLE LOOK AT THE
MIDWEST WITH THE STORMS THAT
COME FROM WIPING OUT THOSE
COUNTIES IN IOWA BECAUSE OF
GLOBAL WARMING.
MEDIA 15 PERCENT OF THE WORLDS
PROBLEMS AND IN FACT THE REST
OF THE WORLD THEY HAVE TO COME
ALONG THAT'S WHAT WE HAVE TO
GET BACK INTO THE PARIS
ACCORD.
TRUMP: WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THAT
47 YEARS RUSSIA DOES INDIA
DOES BY THE WAY YOU MADE A
COUPLE STATEMENTS.
THE GREEN NEW DEAL IS
$100 TRILLION.
BIDEN: THAT IS NOT MY PLAN
THAT IS NOT MY PLAN.
TRUMP: HE AND HIS FRIENDS WENT
WITH THAT I NEVER SAID.
TRUMP: PLAY IT.
IN ANSWERING THE FINAL
QUESTION TO I CANNOT REMEMBER
WITH ALL THE RANTING.
HOST: ABOUT THE ECONOMY AND
THE GREEN NEW DEAL.
>> IT WILL PAY FOR ITSELF AS
WE MOVE FORWARD.
WE, BUILD PLANTS.
BIDEN: I SUPPORT THE GREEN NEW
DEAL.
TRUMP: YOU DON'T?
THAT IS THE RADICAL LEFT.
>> I SUPPORT THE BIDEN PLAN
THAT I PUT FORWARD WHICH IS
DIFFERENT THAN WHAT HE CALLS
THE RADICAL GREEN NEW DEAL.
HOST: MILLIONS OF AMERICANS
ARE RECEIVING MAIL AND BALANCE
VOTING EARLY HOW CONFIDENT
SHOULD WE BE THIS WOULD BE A
FAIR ELECTION AND WHAT ARE YOU
PREPARED TO DO OVER THE NEXT
FIVE WEEKS NOT ONLY FROM
ELECTION DAY BUT COUNTING MAIL
AND BALLOTS?
PREPARED TO DO TO REASSURE THE
AMERICAN PEOPLE THE NEXT
PRESIDENT IS A LEGITIMATE
WINTER?
BIDEN: I WILL VOTE.COM DECIDE
HOW AND WHEN AND THE MEANS BY
WHICH THEY WILL VOTE HIS OWN
HOMELAND SECURITY DIRECTOR
SAID THERE WAS NO EVIDENCE AT
ALL MAIL-IN BALLOTS ARE A
SOURCE TO BE MANIPULATED AND
CHEATING BUT THE FACT IS THERE
ARE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE BECAUSE
OF COVID VOTING BY MAIL AND
BALLOTS LIKE HE DOES.
HE SAYS BEHIND THE DESK
SENDING HIS BALLOT TO FLORIDA.
WE WILL MAKE SURE THOSE WHO
WANT TO VOTE IN PERSON BECAUSE
OF THE WATCHERS ARE THERE TO
MAKE SURE THEY CAN SOCIALLY
DISTANCE THEY ARE OPEN ON TIME
AND UNTIL THEY ARE COUNTED
IT'S ABOUT TRYING TO DISSUADE
PEOPLE FROM VOTING BECAUSE
HE'S TRYING TO SCARE PEOPLE TO
THINK IT IS A LEGITIMATE.
SHOP AND YOU WILL DETERMINE
THE OUTCOME OF THE SELECTION
GO VOTE IF YOU CAN
TOTALLY, TOTALLY YOU CAN IN
PERSON, VOTE IN PERSON.
HE CANNOT STOP YOU FROM BEING
ABLE TO DETERMINE THE OUTCOME
OF THE ELECTION.
IN TERMS OF WHEN THE VOTES ARE
COUNTED THEN THEY WILL BE
ACCEPTED.
IF I WIN OR IF I LOSE THAT IS
EXCEPTED.
BUT HE SAYS HE IS NOT SURE
WHAT HE WILL ACCEPT, IT
DOESN'T MATTER.
IF WE GET THE VOTES IT IS ALL
OVER.
HE WILL GO.
HE CANNOT STAY IN POWER.
IT WON'T HAPPEN.
IT WON'T HAPPEN.
VOTE.
MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND YOU
HAVE IN YOUR CONTROL FOR THE
COUNTRY WILL LOOK LIKE THE
NEXT FOUR YEARS.
WILL A CHANGE OR FOUR MORE
YEARS OF THESE LIES?
HOST: MR. PRESIDENT TWO
MINUTES.
TRUMP: LISTENING TO JOE TALK
ABOUT A TRANSITION.
I WON THE ELECTION AND THERE
WAS NO TRANSITION LOOK AT
CROOKED HILLARY AND ALL THE
DIFFERENT PEOPLE THERE WAS NO
TRANSITION.
THEY CAME AFTER ME TRYING TO
DO A CLUE AND SPYING ON MY
CAMPAIGN FROM THE DAY I WANTED
EVEN BEFORE THE DAY I CAME
DOWN THE ESCALATOR WITH OUR
FIRST LADY.
DISASTER IN A DISGRACE TO OUR
COUNTRY HAVE CAUGHT THEM ALL.
IT'S ALL ON TAPE GO BY THE WAY
YOU GAVE THE IDEA FOR THE
LOGAN ACT AGAINST GENERAL
FLYNN.
BECAUSE WE CAUGHT YOU IN ANY
SENSE.
PRESIDENT OBAMA IN THE OFFICE
KNEW ABOUT IT.
DON'T TALK ABOUT A
TRANSITION.
TALK ABOUT A DISASTER A
SOLICITED BALLOT IS OKAY YOU
ARE ASKING AND THEY SEND IT
AND YOU SEND IT BACK.
I DID THAT.
THEY ARE SENDING MILLIONS OF
BALLOTS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY.
THEY HAVE FOUND THEM IN CREEKS
THEY FOUND SOME THAT HAD THE
NAME TRUMP AND THE WASTEPAPER
BASKET.
THEY SENT TO INTO A DEMOCRATIC
AREA EVERYBODY GOT TO
BALLOTS.
THIS WILL BE A GOD LIKE NEVER
SEEN.
ON NOVEMBER 3rd YOU ARE
WATCHING AND YOU SEE IN THE
ELECTION AND I THINK WE WOULD
DO WELL BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE
HAPPY WITH THE JOB YOU HAVE
DONE.
WE MIGHT NOT KNOW THAT FOR
MONTHS.
LOOK AT MANHATTAN.
LOOK AT NEW JERSEY.
LOOK AT VIRGINIA AND OTHER
PLACES TO PERCENT OR 1 PERCENT
30 AND 40 PERCENT IT IS A
FRAUD.
IT IS A SHAME BECAUSE THEY SEE
YOU HAVE TO HAVE YOUR PALADIN
BY NOVEMBER 10th.
THAT MEANS THAT IS SEVEN DAYS
AFTER THE ELECTION.
THOSE DATES ARE RUN BY
DEMOCRATS.
HOST: YOUR BEEN CHARGING FOR
MONTHS THAT MAIL-IN BALLOTS
WOULD BE A DISASTER AND IT IS
RIGGED BUT IN 2018 THE LAST
MIDTERM ELECTION 41 MILLION
PEOPLE VOTED TO CAST THEIR
BALLOTS BY MAIL AND ARE YOU
COUNTING ON THE SUPREME COURT
INCLUDING JUDGE TEETHREE.
TRUMP: I THINK WE WILL NEED
THEM BUT I THINK SO BECAUSE
WHAT IS HAPPENING IS AT LEAST
1 PERCENT OF THE BALANCE OF
2016 WERE INVALIDATED.
HOST: THERE ARE MILLIONS OF
BALLOTS GOING OUT RIGHT NOW.
TRUMP: YOU DO A SOLICITED
BALLOT.
HOST: MILLIONS OF PEOPLE.
TRUMP: THEN YOU GO AND VOTE.
YOU REALLY DO A SOLICITED
BALLOT SEND IN AND SEND IT
BACK TO LOOK AT WEST VIRGINIA
MAILMAN IS SELLING THE
BALLOTS.
THEY ARE BEING SOLD AND IT
DUMPED IN RIVERS.
THIS IS A NOBLE THING.
THIS IS NOT GOING TO END
WELL.
IT IS A TERRIBLE THING.
BIDEN: WILL BEEN DOING
REPUBLICAN BALLOTS YOU HAVE TO
SOLICITED IT IS SENT TO YOU.
THEY SAID IT HAS TO BE
POSTMARKED BY ELECTION DAVE
DOESN'T GET IN UNTIL THE
SEVENTH OR EIGHTH IT STILL
SHOULD BE COUNTED HE IS AFRAID
OF COUNTING THE VOTES.
TRUMP: YOU ARE WRONG.
HE IS SO WRONG.
HOST: VICE PRESIDENT THE
BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH MAIL-IN
VOTING IS NOT FRAUD
HISTORICALLY, BUT THAT SIZABLE
NUMBERS ARE HUNDREDS OF
THOUSANDS ARE THROWN OUT THEY
WERE NOT PROPERLY FILLED OUT
OR OTHER IRREGULARITIES WHERE
THE DEADLINE.
ARE YOU CONCERNED OF THE
SUPREME COURT JUSTICE.
WILL SETTLE THIS?
BIDEN: I AM CONCERNED OF ANY
COURT BECAUSE IF YOU GET A
BALLOT AND FILL IT OUT YOU
WERE SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE
AFFIDAVIT AND SOMEONE TO SAY
THIS IS ME.
IF YOU CAN VERIFY BEFORE IT IS
THROWN OUT THAT IS SUFFICIENT
TO SOMEBODY MADE THE MISTAKE.
WHO THEY VOTED
FOR, TESTIFY, SAY WHO THEY
VOTED FOR THAT IS LEGITIMATE.
HOST: I HAVE A FINAL QUESTION
GENTLEMAN.
TRUMP: YOU KNOW THAT IT CANNOT
BE DONE.
HOST: FINAL QUESTION.
IN EIGHT STATES ELECTION
WORKERS ARE PROHIBITED
CURRENTLY BY LAW TO EVEN BEGIN
TO PROCESS BALLOTS OR TAKE
THEM OUT OF THE ENVELOPES AND
TOLD ELECTION DAY.
THAT MEANS IT'S LIKELY WITH A
HUGE INCREASE THAT WE WILL NOT
KNOW ON ELECTION NIGHT WINNER
IS.
IT COULD BE DAYS OR WEEKS
UNTIL WE FIND OUT THE NEW
PRESIDENT.
I HOPE NEW REVIEW INTERRUPTED
THE OTHER BUT WILL YOU URGE
YOUR SUPPORTERS TO STAY CALM
DURING THIS EXTENDED PERIOD
NOT TO ENGAGE IN ANY CIVIL
UNREST.
WE PLEDGE TONIGHT NOT TO
DECLARE VICTORY UNTIL THE
ELECTION HAS BEEN
INDEPENDENTLY CERTIFIED?
TRUMP: TELLING MY SUPPORTERS
TO GO INTO THE POLLS AND WATCH
VERY CAREFULLY.
THAT IS WHAT HAS TO HAPPEN.
URGING THEM TO DO IT.
IN PHILADELPHIA THEY WENT TO
WATCH THEY ARE CALLED POLL
WATCHERS THEY WERE THROWN
OUT.
THEY WERE NOT ALLOWED TO WATCH
BECAUSE BAD THINGS HAPPEN IN
PHILADELPHIA.
BAD THINGS.
I HOPE IT IS A FAIR ELECTION I
AM 100 PERCENT ON BOARD.
BUT IF I SEE TENS OF THOUSANDS
OF PALLETS BEING MANIPULATED I
CANNOT GO ALONG WITH THAT.
IT MEANS WE HAVE A FRAUDULENT
ELECTION.
THEY ARE NOT EQUIPPED THOSE
PEOPLE ARE NOT EQUIPPED TO
HANDLE THAT.
NUMBER TWO THEY CHEAT.
THEY CHEAT.
THEY FOUND PALLETS IN THE
WASTEPAPER BASKET THREE DAYS
AGO AND THEY ALL HAD THE NAME
TRUMP ON THEM AND THEY WERE
MILITARY BALLOTS.
HOST: VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN
WOULD YOU WORD YOUR SUPPORTERS
TO STAY CALM WHILE THE VOTE IS
COUNTED AND WE PLEDGE NOT TO
DECLARE VICTORY AND TELL
INDEPENDENTLY CERTIFIED?
BIDEN: YES.
HERE IS THE DEAL WE COUNT THE
BALLOTS SOME CANNOT EVEN BE
OPENED UNTIL ELECTION DAY.
THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF BALLOTS
I WILL TAKE TIME.
BY THE WAY, OUR MILITARY HAD
BEEN SEEN BY A BALANCES THE
END OF THE CIVIL WAR IN
EFFECT.
WHY IS IT FOR THEM NOT
FRAUDULENT?
IS THE SAME PROCESS NOBODY HAS
ESTABLISHED AT ALL THERE IS
FRAUD RELATED TO THE MAIL AND
BALLOT THAT SOMEHOW IT IS OUR
FRAUDULENT PROCESS.
TRUMP: IT HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED
WILL GET MAIL AND THEY HAVE NO
IDEA.
BIDEN: HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT
HE'S TALKING ABOUT GLOBAL
EXCEPT AND HE WILL TO.
DO YOU KNOW WHY?
BECAUSE ONCE A WINNER IS
DECLARED AND ALL THE VOTES ARE
COUNTED THAT IS THE END OF
IT.
IF IT IS ME, FINE.
IF IT IS NOT ME I WILL SUPPORT
THE OUTCOME.
I WILL BE A PRESIDENT NOT JUST
FOR THE DEMOCRATS BUT
DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS.
HOST: GENTLEMAN THAT IS THE
END OF THE DEBATE.
WE BELIEVE THAT THERE.
TO BE CONTINUED IN MORE
DEBATES AS WE GO ON.
PRESIDENT TRUMP, VICE
PRESIDENT BIDEN AND HAS BEEN
AN INTERESTING HOUR AND A
HALF.
THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN
THE FIRST OF THREE DEBATES.
THANK YOU TO THE CLEVELAND
CLINIC FOR HOSTING THIS
EVENT.
THE NEXT TO MAKE THE
COMMISSION OF PRESIDENTIAL
DEBATES IS ONE WEEK FROM TOMORRh
AT THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH IN
SALT LAKE CITY.
THE TWO VICE PRESIDENTIAL
NOMINEES KAMALA HARRIS AND
MIKE PENCE WILL DEBATE AT
9:00 P.M. EASTERN WE HOPE YOU
WATCH UNTIL THEN THANK YOU AND
GOOD NIGHT.
[APPLAUSE]
TRUMP: THANK YOU.
TRUMP: THANK YOU.
TRUMP: THANK
YOU
.
[APPLAUSE]
[CHEERS AND APPLAUSE]
[INAUDIBLE CONVERSATIONS]
[INAUDIBLE CONVERSATIONS]