Second 2020 Presidential Debate between Donald Trump and Joe Biden

[INDISTINCT CHATTER]
>> WELCOME TO THIS EVENING'S
DEBATE HERE IN NASHVILLE.
I AM JANET BROWN, EXECUTIVE
DIRECTOR OF THE COMMISSION ON
PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES.
OVER THE NEXT FEW MINUTES, YOU
WILL HEAR GROUND RULES FOR THE
EVENING AND MANY EXPRESSIONS OF
GRATITUDE TO THE PEOPLE AND
ORGANIZATIONS WHO GOT US HERE
TONIGHT.
I WOULD LIKE TO START WITH THREE
OF THEM, WHO ARE GENUINE
CHAMPIONS OF DEBATE AND TRUE
FRIENDS TO THE CPD, DR.
ROBERT FISHER, THE PRESIDENT OF
BEAUMONT UNIVERSITY.
IT SERVED AS A BACKUP SITE IN
2016.
BOB HAS MANAGED TO MAKE THIS
EVENING HAPPEN IN SPITE OF A LOT
OF CHALLENGES 2020 HAS BROUGHT
TO THIS CAMPUS AND ALL THE
OTHERS ACROSS THE COUNTRY.
THEY DON'T COME ANY BETTER THAN
BOB AND HIS COLLEAGUES.
THE SECOND IS NASHVILLE'S ON
MARTIN SLUTSKY.
[APPLAUSE]
MARTY HAS BEEN THE CPD'S
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER SINCE 2000.
TONIGHT IS HIS 23RD DEBATE.
WE COULD NEVER DO THIS WITHOUT
MARTY.
HE IS A TREASURE.
THE THIRD IS OUR THIRD COCHAIR,
SCOTT WRITINGS, WHO IS NOT HERE
WITH US THIS EVENING.
SHE HAS BEEN IN LOUISVILLE,
KENTUCKY AT HOME, BUT SHE IS
HERE IN SPIRIT.
SHE IS AN ASSET TO THE BOARD AND
STAFF AT CPD.
I WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE THE
OTHER COCHAIRS, OUR FOUNDING
COCHAIR, FRANK AND KEN.
>> GOOD EVENING.
I JOINED JANET IN WELCOMING YOU
ALL TO BEAUMONT AND TO
NASHVILLE.
WE OWE A GREAT DEBT OF GRATITUDE
TO THE CITY AND THIS UNIVERSITY.
THEY HAVE BEEN SO COURTEOUS AND
WORKING HARD FOR US.
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PLACE THIS IS.
I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A CHANCE TO
WALK AROUND AND SEE THE
MARVELOUS CAMPUS.
WE SEE SOME PEOPLE AROUND,
PEOPLE WHO PRODUCED THIS GREAT
BACKGROUND.
WE HAVE OVER 60 OF THEM.
WE HAVE HAD FOR DEBATES IN FOUR
DIFFERENT PARTS OF THIS COUNTRY.
THINKS TO UNITED AIRLINES, WHICH
STEPPED UP TO THE PLATE AND IS
PROVIDING FREE OF CHARGE AIR
SERVICE FOR OUR ENTIRE CREW BACK
AND FORTH FROM ONE CITY TO
ANOTHER, WE OWE UNITED AIRLINES.
WE ALSO OWE ANHEUSER-BUSCH A
GREAT THANK YOU NOT ONLY FOR
THEIR BEER, BUT FOR WHAT THEY
HAVE DONE FOR THIS COMMISSION
FOR MANY YEARS.
IT IS A LITTLE LESS OF A LIFT
NOW.
NORMALLY IF WE WERE HERE WITH
NORMAL TIMES, THERE WOULD BE 900
OF YOU PROBABLY IN THIS
AUDIENCE.
WITH CORONAVIRUS, IT WAS
NECESSARY FOR US TO DO THAT.
HAVE ALWAYS PROVIDED A GIANT
TENT WITH FOOD TO FEED THE 5000
REPORTERS THAT COME FROM ALL
OVER THE WORLD, OUR CREW, THE
NEWS PEOPLE.
THEY ARE HERE WITH US THIS YEAR
AGAIN, AND WE THANK THEM.
TONIGHT, AT THE NATIONAL PRESS
CLUB, THEY ARE PUTTING ON THE
FOURTH IMMEDIATE FILING CENTER.
THOSE OF YOU WHO WALK AROUND THE
CAMPUS WILL SEE A GIANT TENT OUT
HERE WHERE MEDIA FROM ALL OVER
THE WORLD ARE SETTING UP TABLES
WATCHING THIS ON TELEVISION AND
FILING THEIR STORIES.
MANY, BECAUSE OF THE
CORONAVIRUS, WERE NOT ABLE TO
COME HERE FOR THIS.
THE NATIONAL PRESS CLUB HAS SET
UP A NATIONAL FILING CENTER FOR
IMMEDIATE FILING FOR THEM.
THERE'S BEEN A LOT OF
CONTROVERSY AROUND THIS DEBATE.
I WANT TO SPEND A FEW MINUTES
TELLING YOU WHAT THE RULES ARE.
BECAUSE I THINK THERE'S BEEN
SOME MISCONCEPTION AND
MISSTATEMENT ABOUT WHAT THE
RULES ARE.
WE PUBLISHED IN JULY, THE RULES
FOR THIS DEBATE AND THE FIRST
DEBATE.
THEY WERE THE SAME.
90 MINUTES WOULD BE DIVIDED IN
615 MINUTE SEGMENTS, WITH THE
MODERATOR OF EACH BEING ABLE TO
NAME THE SUBJECT MATTER OF EACH
OF THOSE SIX SEGMENTS.
THE PARTIES AGREED THAT FOR THE
FIRST FOUR MINUTES OF THOSE 15
MINUTES SEGMENTS, EACH OF THEM
WOULD COME OFF OR MINUTES, HAVE
THE ABILITY TO SPEAK WITHOUT
INTERRUPTION.
— EACH OF THEM WOULD, FOR TWO
MINUTES, HAVE THE ABILITY TO
SPEAK WITHOUT INTERRUPTION.
UNFORTUNATELY, THOSE RULES WERE
NOT NECESSARILY FOLLOWED.
SO THE COMMISSION FELT WE COULD
NOT PUT IN THE NEW RULE, AND
WHAT WE THOUGHT WE WOULD DO WAS
TO PUT A WAY TO ENFORCE WHAT
THEY HAD AGREED TO, THE ORIGINAL
ROLE, NO INTERRUPTION.
YOU ARE GOING TO SAY TONIGHT, I
BELIEVE THE FIRST QUESTION WILL
BE DIRECTED TO THE PRESIDENT.
HE WILL SPEAK FOR TWO MINUTES.
THEY ARE LOOKING INTO THE
CAMERAS.
AT THE END OF TWO MINUTES, THE
PRESIDENT WILL STOP SPEAKING,
AND THEN MR. BIDEN'S MICROPHONE,
WHICH HAS BEEN OFF FOR THE TWO
MINUTES THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN
SPEAKING, WILL COME ON.
THIS WILL HAPPEN AT THE START OF
EACH OF THE SIX SECTIONS.
THERE IS NO OTHER CENSURE OR
BUTTONS THAT WILL BE PUSHED TO
STOP THEM.
THE REST OF THE TIME IN EACH OF
THE SEGMENTS ARE FOR OPEN
DEBATE.
WE HOPE THEY DO IT CIVILLY AND
DISCUSS THE ISSUES OF THE
AMERICAN PEOPLE WILL LEARN
SOMETHING ABOUT WHERE THEY ARE
ON THE ISSUES.
NOW, THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT
DEBATE FOR EACH OF THESE
CANDIDATES.
THE FIRST DEBATE WEEKS AGO
HAD 78 MILLION PEOPLE WATCH IT.
THAT DOES NOT COUNT PEOPLE WHO
WATCHED IT ON C-SPAN OR PEOPLE
WHO HAD IT ON THEIR COMPUTER OR
THEIR IPHONES OR IPADS.
WE THINK THIS DEBATE TONIGHT
COULD REACH 100 MILLION PEOPLE.
YOU ARE SITTING ON STATES THAT
MAKE YOU PART OF HISTORY.
YOU ARE VERY FORTUNATE.
THOSE AT HOME ARE TRYING TO
LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT THESE
CANDIDATES TO MAKE AN IMPORTANT
DECISION AS TO WHO THEY ARE
GOING TO SUPPORT WHEN THEY GO TO
THE POLLS, IF THEY HAVE NOT
ALREADY DONE SO.
IT IS NOT FOR YOU TO PARTICIPATE
BY CLAPPING, BY STANDING UP, BY
DOING ANYTHING THAT WOULD BRING
YOU INTO THIS.
SO PLEASE, DO NOT YELL, BECAUSE
YOU ARE INTERFERING WITH
WHAT THOSE PEOPLE ARE SEEING.
THERE ALSO IS A RULE ON
MASKS.
YOU MUST WEAR A MASK TO COME IN,
AND YOU MUST KEEP IT ON.
YOU WILL BE ASKED TO PUT IT BACK
ON IF YOU TAKE IT OFF, AND IF
YOU DO NOT, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO
LEAVE.
IF YOU DO NOT LEAVE, YOU WILL BE
ESCORTED TO LEAVE.
IT WILL BE AN EMBARRASSMENT AND
TAKE TIME AWAY FROM THE
IMPORTANT THINGS GOING ON TODAY.
AT EXACTLY 8:00, YOU ARE GOING
TO HEAR A LOT OF NOISE.
IF YOU TURN AROUND AND LOOK
BEHIND YOU, THOSE ARE THE MAJOR
NETWORKS.
AT EXACTLY 8:00, THEY ARE ALL
GOING TO GO ON AT THE MAJOR
TIME, YOU WILL HEAR A LOT OF
VOICES YOU WILL RECORD IS FROM
DIFFERENT NETWORKS.
— YOU WILL RECOGNIZE FROM
DIFFERENT NETWORKS.
THEY WILL SETTLE DOWN.
WITH THAT, LET ME INTRODUCE MY
COCHAIRMAN, KEN.
>> GOOD EVENING.
I JOIN FRANK, JANET, AND FELLOW
BOARD MEMBERS, INCLUDING IVANKA
AND JOHN GRIFFIN, WHO WERE WITH
US TONIGHT, IN WELCOMING YOU TO
THE 24TH PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE,
SPONSORED AND ORGANIZED BY THE
COMMISSION, THE SECOND HOSTED
BY BEAUMONT UNIVERSITY.
I AM PROUD TO WORK ALONGSIDE
DEDICATED BODMER —
DEDICATED BOARD MEMBERS WHO HAVE
BUILT A NONPARTISAN INSTITUTION
SINCE THE COMMISSION WAS
ESTABLISHED IN 1987.
OUR SOLE MISSION CONTINUES TO BE
THE HOLDING OF DEBATES THAT
SERVE AND INFORM THE AMERICAN
PEOPLE.
SPARE ME A MOMENT TO EXPLAIN THE
COMMISSION'S EFFORTS.
DEBATES HAVE EVOLVED OVER THE
PAST THREE DECADES — MORE
TRANSPARENT CRITERIA FOR
QUALIFICATIONS OF PARTICIPANTS,
THE TREND TOWARD A SINGLE
MODERATOR, IN ORDER TO FOCUS
GREATER ATTENTION ON THE
CANDIDATES, AND THE ALLOCATION
OF TIME FOR DIFFERENT SUBJECT
AREAS ARE BUT A FEW OF THE MANY
CHANGES THAT HAVE BEEN MADE.
MANY OF THE DETAILS FOR
ORGANIZING THE DEBATE ARE LEFT
TO AGREEMENT BY THE CANDIDATES
THEMSELVES.
THE COMMISSION HAS SELECTED THE
TIMES AND PLACES FOR DEBATE.
THE MODERATORS AND THE DEBATE
FORMATS.
BASED ON EXPERIENCE, THESE ARE
ISSUES THAT REFLECT THE
NEGOTIATIONS BETWEEN THE
CANDIDATES' CAMPAIGNS, NEARLY
IMPOSSIBLE TO RESOLVE IN A
TIMELY MANNER.
IN FACT, IT WAS PROTECTED AND
NEGOTIABLE SHE —
NEGOTIATIONS THAT LED TO THE
COMMISSION ITSELF.
WHILE THERE IS ALWAYS DRAMA
EVERY FOUR YEARS, AND THIS YEAR
IS NO EXCEPTION, THE PROCESS HAS
WORKED.
POST–DEBATE RESEARCH SHOWS THE
AMERICAN PEOPLE HAVE CONSIDERED
THESE DEBATES AN IMPORTANT PART
OF OUR POLITICAL PROCESS.
DEBATES HAVE ALSO CREATED CIVIC
EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE
SCHOOLS AND COMMUNITIES THAT
HAVE HOSTED THE.
— HOSTED THEM.
BEAUMONT UNIVERSITY HAS LAUNCHED
THE DEBATE PROGRAMMING THEORY
THAT EXPLORES ISSUES
RANGING FROM DEMOCRACY TO SOCIAL
MEDIA.
THE COMMISSION HAS AUGMENTED
THESE EFFORTS BY LAUNCHING
DEBATE WATCH, WHICH ALLOWS
PARTICIPANTS IN ALL 50 STATES
AND PUERTO RICO TO EXCHANGE
VIEWS ON ISSUES RAISED IN
DEBATES AND LISTEN RESPECTFULLY
TO EACH OTHERS'OPINIONS.
DEBATE WATCH 2020 WILL INCLUDE
MORE THAN ONE MILLION
PARTICIPANTS.
OVERSEAS, THE COMMISSION, IN
PARTNERSHIP WITH THE NATIONAL
DEMOCRATIC INSTITUTE, HAS HELPED
ORGANIZE MORE THAN 400 CANDIDATE
DEBATES IN 45 COUNTRIES.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, IN NEW AND
EMERGING DEMOCRACIES.
THIS INITIATIVE HAS LED TO THE
FORMATION OF DEBATES
INTERNATIONAL, SUPPORT NETWORK
OF DEBATE ORGANIZERS FOR NEARLY
40 COUNTRIES.
I WANTED TO RECOGNIZE THE
COMMISSION'S LONGEST STANDING
SUPPORTER, FOR THE PAST 32
YEARS, THE JUDY AND PETER BLUM
— JUDY AND PETER BLUM COLBERT
FOUNDATION.
WE ARE DEEPLY GRATEFUL FOR THEIR
GENEROUS CONTRIBUTION TO THIS
YEAR'S DEBATE.
NOW IT IS MY DISTINCT
HONOR TO INTRODUCE THE PRESIDENT
OF BEAUMONT UNIVERSITY,
BOB FISHER.
THANK YOU.
[APPLAUSE]
>> THANK YOU.
GOOD EVENING, EVERYONE.
TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT TO
CELEBRATE AMERICA.
BUT IF YOU ARE BEAUMONT, IT IS
IN IT TO EXPRESS GRATITUDE AND
THANKFULNESS FOR ALL THAT'S BEEN
DONE AND THE OPPORTUNITIES WE
HAVE BEEN GIVEN.
I WANT TO THANK THE COMMISSION
FOR THEIR SUPPORT, JANET BROWN,
THE COCHAIRS, THANK YOU SO MUCH.
IT IS ONE THING TO BE A PARTNER
WHEN TIMES ARE EASY.
IT'S AMAZING, WHEN TIMES GET
TOUGH, THAT IS ONE REAL
PARTNERSHIPS ARE BORN AND STICK.
THIS HAS BEEN A BONDING
EXPERIENCE.
THANK YOU SO MUCH THAT THE
COMMISSION, TO HCA HEALTH CARE,
THEY ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GIVEN
YOU ALL THESE TESTS AND MADE
SURE EVERYBODY HERE TONIGHT IS
SAFE.
THEIR GOAL WAS TO MAKE THIS THE
SAFEST PLACE IN AMERICA TONIGHT,
ALONG WITH THE SECRET SERVICE,
WHO I ALSO WANT TO THANK, AND
METRO POLICE.
ALTOGETHER, IT MADE THIS THE
SAFEST PLACE IN AMERICA TONIGHT.
I'M SO GRATEFUL FOR THE.
— FOR THAT.
THANK YOU, MAYOR, GOVERNOR, FOR
YOUR SUPPORT.
THANK YOU TO THE NATIONAL
CONVENTION.
TO THE NATIONAL CHAMBER OF
COMMERCE, ALL OF YOU.
MOST OF ALL, I JUST WANT TO SAY
A HEARTFELT THANK YOU TO THE
STUDENTS OF BEAUMONT UNIVERSITY.
FOR SHARING THEIR CAMPUS WITH
YOU, ALL OF YOU THIS WEEK.
THIS HAS BEEN A COMPLICATED AND
UNUSUAL SEMESTER, TO SAY THE
LEAST.
I WANT TO THINK THE ROMAN
HOSPITALITY CORPORATION FOR
TAKING SEVERAL HUNDRED OF OUR
STUDENTS AND REHOMING
THEM.
THEY DON'T WANT TO COME BACK.
THEY HAVE A WATER PARK OUT
THERE.
WE ARE GOING TO GET THEM BACK.
OUR STUDENTS HAVE EMBRACED THE
CHALLENGE OF LIVING SAFELY
TOGETHER.
WE SIMPLY COULD NOT HAVE DONE
THAT WITHOUT THEM.
YOU ARE PROBABLY WONDERING WHO
THESE TWO PEOPLE ARE THAT ARE
STANDING HERE BESIDE ME.
THIS IS MOLLY AND TURNER.
THEY COCHAIRED THE STUDENT GROUP
FOR 250 STUDENTS WHO MADE THIS
THING HAPPEN HERE AT BEAUMONT
UNIVERSITY.
I'M SO GRATEFUL TO THEM.
THANK YOU AND THANK ALL THE
BEAUMONT VOLUNTEERS FOR WHAT YOU
HAVE DONE HERE.
FINALLY, I HAVE PRAYED ENOUGH
ABOUT THIS HAPPENING, THAT IT BE
TOTALLY DISINGENUOUS IF I DIDN'T
SAY THANK YOU, GOD, THAT THIS IS
ABOUT TO HAPPEN.
GOD BLESS AMERICA.
THANK YOU.
[APPLAUSE]
[INDISTINCT CHATTER]
[CAMERAS SHUTTERING]
[INDISTINCT CHATTER]
[CAMERAS SHUTTERING]
>> THE MODERATOR FOR TAX DEBATE
IS KRISTEN WELKER OF NBC NEWS.
[APPLAUSE]
>> GOOD EVENING, EVERYONE.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING
HERE.
IT'S BEEN SUCH AN HONOR FOR ME
TO MODERATE THIS DEBATE TONIGHT,
THE FINAL DEBATE.
I WANT TO WELCOME THE FIRST
FAMILY AND FIRST LADY.
WE ARE THANKFUL YOU ARE FEELING
BETTER.
I WANT TO WELCOME THE BIDEN
FAMILY, THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING
HERE TONIGHT.
WE ARE SO EXCITED.
WE ARE LOOKING TO A REALLY
ROBUST DISCUSSION — LOOKING
FORWARD TO A REALLY ROBUST
DISCUSSION.
WHEN THE CANDIDATES ARE TALKING,
PLEASE HOLD ANY APPLAUSE OR
OTHER REACTION, EXCEPT OF
COURSE, WHEN THEY WALK OUT.
MAC SURE YOU CHEER LOUD AND
APPLAUD SO EVERYONE CAN HEAR
YOU.
THE THANK YOU FOR HAVING ME.
THIS IS THE HONOR OF A LIFETIME.
I'M GOING TO ORGANIZE AND
SETTLED, AND THE SHOW WILL START
VERY SOON.
THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE.
— TO GET ORGANIZED AND SETTLED,
AND THE SHOW WILL START VERY
SOON.
THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE.
[INDISTINCT CHATTER]
[CAMERAS SHUTTERING]
MS. WELKER: GOOD EVENING FROM
BELMONT UNIVERSITY IN NASHVILLE,
TENNESSEE.
I AM KRISTEN WELKER, AND I
WELCOME YOU TO THE 2020
RESIDENTIAL DEBATE BETWEEN
PRESIDENT TRUMP AND FORMER VICE
PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN.
NICE DEBATE IS SPONSORED BY THE
COMMISSION ON PRESIDENTIAL
DEBATES, AND CONDUCTED UNDER
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS.
THE AUDIENCE IN THE HALL HAS
PROMISED TO REMAIN SILENT.
NO CHEERS, BOOS, OR OTHER
INTERRUPTIONS — EXCEPT FOR
RIGHT NOW AS WE WELCOME TO THE
STAGE FORMER VICE PRESIDENT JOE
BIDEN, AND PRESIDENT DONALD J.
TRUMP.
[APPLAUSE]
MS. WELKER: I WANT TO SAY GOOD
EVENING TO BOTH OF YOU.
THIS WILL COVER SIX MAJOR
TOPICS.
AT THE BEGINNING OF EACH
SECTION, EACH CANDIDATE WILL
HAVE TWO MINUTES TO ANSWER
WITHOUT INTERRUPTION.
THE DEBATE WILL TURN ON YOUR
MICROPHONE ONLY WHEN IT IS YOUR
TIME TO ANSWER, AND TURN IT OFF
EXACTLY WHEN TWO MINUTES EXPIRE.
AFTER THAT, BOTH MICROPHONES
WILL REMAIN ON, BUT PLEASE SPEAK
ONE AT A TIME.
THE GOAL IS TO HEAR EACH OTHER
SO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE CAN HEAR
EVERY WORD OF WHAT YOU HAVE TO
SAY.
IF YOU ARE READY, LET'S START.
WE WILL BEGIN WITH THE FIGHT
AGAINST THE CORONAVIRUS.
PRESIDENT TRUMP, THE FIRST
QUESTION IS TO YOU.
THE COUNTRY IS HEADING INTO A
DANGEROUS NEW PHASE, MORE THAN
40,000 AMERICANS ARE IN THE
HOSPITAL TONIGHT WITH COVID,
INCLUDING RECORD NUMBERS IN
TENNESSEE.
SINCE YOU LAST SHARED A STAGE,
16,000 AMERICANS HAVE DIED.
PLEASE BE SPECIFIC, HOW WOULD
YOU LEAD THE COUNTRY DURING THIS
NEXT STAGE OF THE CORONAVIRUS?
PRES. TRUMP: AS YOU KNOW, 2.2
MILLION PEOPLE WERE EXPECTED TO
DIED.
WE CLOSED THE GREATEST ECONOMY
IN THE WORLD TO FIGHT THIS
HORRIBLE DISEASE THAT CAME FROM
CHINA.
IT IS A WORLDWIDE PANDEMIC, ALL
OVER THE WORLD, YOU SEE SPIKES
IN EUROPE AND OTHER PLACES NOW.
THE MORTALITY RATE IS DOWN, 85%.
THE EXCESS MORTALITY RATE IS WAY
DOWN AND LOWER THAN ANY OTHER
COUNTRY.
WE ARE FIGHTING IT HARD.
THERE IS A SPIKE, THERE WAS A
SPIKE IN FLORIDA THAT IS GONE.
THERE WAS A SPIKE IN TEXAS THAT
IS GONE.
THERE WAS A SPIKE IN ARIZONA, IT
IS GONE.
THERE WERE SPIKES IN OTHER
PLACES THAT WILL SOON BE GONE.
WE HAVE A VACCINE THAT IS READY
AND IT WILL BE ANNOUNCED WITHIN
WEEKS AND IT WILL BE DELIVERED.
WE HAVE OPERATION WARP SPEED,
THE MILITARY WILL DISTRIBUTE THE
VACCINE.
FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I WAS
IN THE HOSPITAL, I HAD IT, I GOT
BETTER.
I HAD SOMETHING THAT THEY GAVE
ME, A THERAPEUTIC THEY WOULD
CALL IT — SOME WOULD SAY IT IS
A CURE — I GOT BETTER VERY
FAST, OR I WOULD NOT BE HERE
TONIGHT.
THEY SAY I'M IMMUNE, WHETHER IT
IS FOUR MONTHS OR A LIFETIME,
I'M IMMUNE.
MORE PEOPLE ARE GETTING BETTER.
WE HAVE A WORLDWIDE PROBLEM.
THIS IS A WORLDWIDE PROBLEM.
I HAVE BEEN CONGRATULATED BY
MANY COUNTRIES ON WHAT WE HAVE
BEEN ABLE TO DO.
IF YOU LOOK AT WHAT WE HAVE DONE
IN TERMS OF GOGGLES, MASKS,
GALLONS, EVERYTHING ELSE, —
GOWNS, EVERYTHING ELSE.
WE ARE MAKING VENTILATORS AND
DISTRIBUTING THEM ALL OVER THE
WORLD.
IT WILL GO AWAY.
WE ARE ROUNDING THE TURN, WE ARE
ROUNDING THE CORNER.
MS. WELKER: FORMER VICE
PRESIDENT, HOW WOULD YOU LEAD
THE COUNTRY OUT OF THIS CRISIS.
MR. BIDEN: 220,000 AMERICANS
DEAD.
ANYONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR NOT
TAKING CONTROL.
NOT SAYING, I TAKE NO
RESPONSIBILITY INITIALLY.
ANYBODY WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR
THAT MANY DEATHS SHOULD NOT
REMAIN PRESIDENT OF UNITED
STATES OF THE AMERICA.
WE ARE IN A SITUATION WHERE
THERE ARE A THOUSAND DEATHS A
DAY, A THOUSAND DEATHS A DAY.
OVER 70,000 NEW CASES PER DAY.
COMPARED TO WHAT IS GOING ON IN
EUROPE, AS THE NEW ENGLAND
MEDICAL JOURNAL SAID, THEY ARE
STARTING FROM A LOW RATE, WE ARE
STARTING FROM A HIGH RATE.
THE EXPECTATION IS WE WILL HAVE
ANOTHER 200,000 AMERICANS DEAD
BETWEEN NOW AND THE END OF THE
YEAR.
IF WE JUST WORE THESE MASKS, THE
PRESIDENT'S ADVISERS TOLD HIM,
WE COULD SAVE 100,000 LIVES.
WE ARE IN A CIRCUMSTANCE WHERE
THE PRESIDENT STILL HAS NO PLAN.
NO COMPREHENSIVE PLAN.
I WOULD MAKE SURE WE HAVE
EVERYONE ENCOURAGED TO WEAR A
MASK ALL THE TIME, MAKE SURE WE
MOVE IN THE DIRECTION OF RAPID
TESTING, AND INVEST IN RAPID
TESTING.
I WOULD MAKE SURE WE SET UP
NATIONAL STANDARDS HOW TO OPEN
SCHOOLS AND BUSINESSES SO THEY
CAN BE SAFE.
WE ARE IN A SITUATION NOW WHERE
THE NEW ENGLAND MEDICAL JOURNAL,
ONE OF THE MOST SERIOUS JOURNALS
IN THE WORLD SAID FOR THE FIRST
TIME EVER, THAT THE WAY THIS
PRESIDENT HAS RESPONDED TO THIS
CRISIS HAS BEEN TRAGIC.
I WILL TAKE CARE OF THIS AND END
THIS, I WILL MAKE SURE WE HAVE A
PLAN.
MS. WELKER: PRESIDENT TRUMP, I
WOULD LIKE TO FOLLOW UP ON YOUR
COMMENTS.
YOU TALKED ABOUT A THERAPEUTIC,
YOU ALSO SAID A VACCINE IS
COMING WITHIN WEEKS.
IS THAT A GUARANTEE?
PRES. TRUMP: NO, IT IS NOT A
GUARANTEE, BUT IT HAS A GOOD
CHANCE.
TWO COMPANIES WITHIN A MATTER OF
WEEKS.
MS. WELKER: WHICH COMPANIES?
PRES. TRUMP: JOHNSON & JOHNSON
IS DOING VERY WELL, DURING HER
IS DOING WELL — MODERNA IS
DOING WELL.
WE HAVE OTHERS WORKING WITH
OTHER COUNTRIES, PARTICULARLY
EUROPE.
MS. WELKER: THIS IS NEW
INFORMATION.
YOU SAY A VACCINE IS COMING
WITHIN WEEKS, YOUR OFFICIALS SAY
IT COULD TAKE WELL INTO 2021,
AND THEN THEY SAY THE COUNTRY
WILL BE WEARING MASKS INTO 2022.
IS YOUR TIMELINE REALISTIC?
PRES. TRUMP: NO, I THINK MY
TIMELINE IS MORE ACCURATE.
I DON'T INC. THEY COUNT ON THE
MILITARY AS I DO, WE HAVE A
GENERAL WHO IS HEAD OF
LOGISTICS.
THIS IS AN EASY DISTRIBUTION.
WE EXPECT TO HAVE A VACCINE AND
100 MILLION VIALS.
MS. WELKER: VICE PRESIDENT
BIDEN, YOUR REACTION.
IF A VACCINE WAS APPROVED, WHAT
STEPS WOULD YOU TAKE TO GIVE
AMERICANS CONFIDENCE IN A
VACCINE IF APPROVED?
MR. BIDEN: MAKE SURE IT IS
TOTALLY TRANSPARENT.
SCIENTISTS WILL SEE YET, GO
THROUGH THE PROCESSES.
THIS IS THE SAME FELLOW WHO TOLD
US IT WOULD END BY EASTER, WHO
TOLD YOU DON'T WORRY, WE WILL
END THIS FIVE SUMMER.
WE ARE ABOUT TO GO THROUGH A
DARK WINTER, AND HE HAS NO CLEAR
PLAN AND NO PROSPECT THAT THERE
WILL BE A VACCINE AVAILABLE FOR
THE MIDDLE OF NEXT YEAR.
MS. WELKER: YOUR REACTION?
PRES. TRUMP: I DON'T THINK WE
WILL HAVE A DARK WINTER.
WE HAVE OPENED THE COUNTRY, WE
LEARNED AND UNDERSTAND THE
DISEASE.
WHEN I CLOSED AND BANNED CHINA,
AND ULTIMATELY EUROPE, CHINA WAS
IN JANUARY — MONTHS LATER HE
SAID I WAS XENOPHOBIC, NOW HE IS
SAYING I SHOULD HAVE MOVED
QUICKER.
HE DID NOT MOVE QUICKER.
HE WAS MANY MONTHS BEHIND ME.
HE RAN THE H1N1 SWINE FLUKE, AND
IT WAS A DISASTER.
HAD THAT THIS KIND OF NUMBERS,
700,000 PEOPLE WOULD BE DEAD
NOW.
IT WAS A FAR LESS LETHAL
DISEASE.
HIS OWN PERSON WHO RAN THAT FOR
HIM, AS YOU KNOW WAS HIS CHIEF
OF STAFF, SAID IT WAS
CATASTROPHIC, HORRIBLE, WE
DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING.
NOW HE TELLS US HOW TO DO THIS.
EVERYTHING HE SAID ABOUT EVERY
MOVE THAT WE SHOULD MAKE, THAT
IS WHAT WE HAVE DONE.
HE WAS WAY BEHIND US.
MR. BIDEN: MY RESPONSE IS HE IS
XENOPHOBIC BUT NOT BECAUSE HE
SHUT ACCESS FROM CHINA — AND HE
DID IT AFTER 40 COUNTRIES HAD
DONE THAT.
HE MADE SURE WE HAD 44 PEOPLE IN
CHINA TRYING TO GET TO WUHAN TO
DETERMINE WHAT EXACTLY THE
SOURCE WAS — WHAT DID HE SAY IN
JANUARY?
HE SAID, NO.
HE SAID THE PRESIDENT OF CHINA
IS BEING TRANSPARENT AND WE OWE
A DEBT OF GRATITUDE.
THEN HE STARTED TALKING ABOUT
USING THE DEFENSE ACT TO GET
WHAT WE NEED TO PROTECT PEOPLE.
HE HAD — NOTHING HE DID,
VIRTUALLY NOTHING — THEN HE
GETS OUT OF THE HOSPITAL AND
SAYS DON'T WORRY, IT WILL BE
OVER SOON.
COME ON, THERE IS NOT ANOTHER
SERIOUS SCIENTIST IN THE WORLD
WHO THINKS IT WILL BE OVER SOON.
MS. WELKER: I SAID WE ARE —
PRES. TRUMP: WE CANNOT LOCK
OURSELVES IN A BASEMENT LIKE JOE
DOES.
HE HAS THE ABILITY TO LOCK
HIMSELF UP — HE MADE A LOT OF
MONEY SOMEPLACE.
HE HAS THIS THING ABOUT LIVING
IN A BASEMENT.
I, AS THE PRESIDENT, COULD NOT
DO THAT.
I WOULD LOVE TO PUT MYSELF IN A
BASEMENT AND GO AWAY FOR A YEAR
AND A HALF — I CAN'T DO THAT.
EVERY MEETING I HAVE, AND I MEET
A LOT OF FAMILIES INCLUDING GOLD
STAR FAMILIES — EVERY MEETING
— AND I HAD TO MEET THEM — IT
WOULD HAVE BEEN HORRIBLE TO
CANCEL — I SAID THIS IS
DANGEROUS.
YOU CATCH IT.
I CAUGHT IT.
I LEARNED A LOT.
GREAT HOSPITALS.
NOW I RECOVERED.
99.9 OF YOUNG PEOPLE RECOVERED.
99% OF PEOPLE RECOVER.
WE HAVE TO RECOVER.
WE CANNOT CLOSE OUR NATION.
WE HAVE TO OPEN SCHOOLS, WE
CANNOT CLOSE OUR NATION.
MS. WELKER: THE CDC HAS SAID
YOUNG PEOPLE CAN GET SICK AND
PASS IT.
VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN, I WANT TO
TALK ABOUT STRATEGY.
MR. BIDEN: MAY I RESPOND TO
THAT?
MS. WELKER: 30 SECONDS.
MR. BIDEN: HE SAYS WE ARE
LEARNING TO LIVE WITH IT —
PEOPLE ARE DYING WITH IT.
YOU FOLKS WHO HAVE AN EMPTY
CHAIR AT THE KITCHEN TABLE, THAT
MAN OR WOMAN REACHING OVER WHERE
THEIR WIFE OR HUSBAND WAS IS
GONE — LEARNING TO LIVE WITH
IT?
COME ON, WE ARE DYING WITH IT.
WHEN IS THE LAST TIME — IS IT
REALLY DANGEROUS?
WILL YOU TELL THE PEOPLE IT IS
DANGEROUS NOW?
WHAT SHOULD WE DO ABOUT THE
DANGER QUESTION MARK YOU SAY, I
TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY.
MS. WELKER: EXCUSE ME —
PRES. TRUMP: EXCUSE ME, IT IS
NOT MY FAULT THAT IT CAME HERE.
IT IS NOT JOE'S FAULT, IT IS
CHINA'S FAULT.
THEY KEPT IT FROM GOING INTO THE
REST OF CHINA BUT NOT COMING OUT
TO THE WORLD, INCLUDING EUROPE
AND OURSELVES.
MR. BIDEN: THE FACT IS WHEN WE
KNEW IT WAS COMING, WHEN IT HIT,
WHAT HAPPENED?
WHAT DID THE PRESIDENT SAY?
HE SAID, DON'T WORRY, IT WILL GO
AWAY, IT WILL BE GONE BY EASTER,
THE WARM WEATHER.
HE SAID HE WAS KIDDING, A LOT OF
PEOPLE THINK HE WAS SERIOUS.
A WHOLE RANGE OF WHAT HE HAS
SAID, HE THINKS WE ARE IN
CONTROL.
WE ARE ABOUT TO LOSE 200,000
MORE PEOPLE.
MS. WELKER: PRESIDENT TRUMP.
PRES. TRUMP: I WAS KIDDING ON
THAT.
TO FINISH THIS, WHEN I CLOSED,
HE SAID I SHOULD NOT HAVE
CLOSED, AND THAT WENT ON FOR
MONTHS.
NANCY PELOSI WAS DANCING IN THE
STREETS IN CHINATOWN IN SAN
FRANCISCO.
HE SAID THIS IS A TERRIBLE
THING, YOU ARE A XENOPHOBE, I
THINK HE CALLED ME RACIST.
NOW HE SAYS I SHOULD HAVE CLOSED
IT EARLIER.
MR. BIDEN: I DID NOT SAY EITHER
OF THOSE THINGS.
I TALKED ABOUT HIS XENOPHOBIA IN
A DIFFERENT CONTEXT, NOT ABOUT
CLOSING THE BORDER TO CHINESE
COMING TO THE UNITED STATES.
MS. WELKER: I WANT TO TALK ABOUT
YOUR DIFFERENT STRATEGIES.
PRES. TRUMP: HE THOUGHT I SHOULD
NOT HAVE CLOSED THE BORDER.
MS. WELKER: LET'S TALK ABOUT
YOUR DIFFERENT STRATEGIES
TOWARDS DEALING WITH THIS.
YOU SAID YOU WOULD SUPPORT
SHUTDOWNS IF SCIENTISTS
RECOMMENDED IT.
WHAT YOU SAY TO AMERICANS WHO
FEAR THE COST ON THE ECONOMY,
DEPRESSION, DOMESTIC SUBSTANCE
ABUSE OUTWEIGHS EXPOSURE TO THE
VIRUS?
MR. BIDEN: I WOULD SAY I WILL
SHUT DOWN THE VIRUS AND NOT THE
COUNTRY.
IT IS HIS INEPTITUDE TO SHUT
DOWN IN LARGE PART, WHY
BUSINESSES HAVE GONE UNDER, SO
MANY PEOPLE HAVE LOST THEIR
LIVING, THOSE CONCERNS ARE REAL.
HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN NEGOTIATED
INSTEAD OF IN A SAND TRAP IN HIS
GOLF COURSE.
MAKE SURE PEOPLE HAVE THE
CAPACITY.
MS. WELKER: YOU HAVE NOT RULED
OUT MORE SHUTDOWNS?
MR. BIDEN: NO.
WE NEED STANDARDS.
THE STANDARD IS IF YOU HAVE A
REPRODUCTION RATE IN A COMMUNITY
ABOVE A CERTAIN LEVEL, EVERYBODY
SAYS SLOW UP.
MORE SOCIAL DISTANCING.
DO NOT OPEN BARS AND GYMNASIUMS,
DO NOT OPEN UNTIL YOU GET THIS
UNDER MORE CONTROL.
WHEN YOU DO OPEN, GIVE PEOPLE
THE CAPACITY TO OPEN, AND DO IT
SAFELY.
SCHOOLS NEED A LOT OF MONEY,
THEY NEED TO DEAL WITH
VENTILATION SYSTEMS AND SMALLER
CLASSES, MORE TEACHERS.
HE HAS REFUSED TO SUPPORT THAT
MONEY — UP UNTIL NOW.
PRES. TRUMP: I HAVE TO RESPOND.
ALL HE DOES IS TALK ABOUT
SHUTDOWNS.
FORGET ABOUT HIM, HIS DEMOCRATIC
GOVERNORS, CUOMO IN NEW YORK,
LOOK AT CALIFORNIA,
PENNSYLVANIA, NORTH CAROLINA,
DEMOCRATS HAVE SHUT DOWN SO
TIGHT — AND THEY ARE DYING.
HE SUPPORTS ALL THESE PEOPLE
READ ALL HE TALKS ABOUT IS
SHUTDOWNS.
WE WILL NOT SHUT DOWN.
WE HAVE TO OPEN OUR SCHOOLS.
I HAVE A YOUNG SON WHO ALSO
TESTED POSITIVE.
BY THE TIME I SPOKE TO THE
DOCTOR, HE WAS FINE — IT WENT
AWAY.
YOUNG PEOPLE, THEIR IMMUNE
SYSTEM.
MS. WELKER: YOU HAVE DEMANDED
SCHOOLS OPEN IN PERSON, BUT
YESTERDAY BOSTON BECAME THE
LATEST CITY TO MOVE ITS PUBLIC
SCHOOL SYSTEM ENTIRELY ONLINE
AFTER A CORONAVIRUS SPIKE.
WHAT IS YOUR MESSAGE TO PARENTS
WHO WERE A SENDING KIDS TO
SCHOOL WILL ENDANGER THEM?
PRES. TRUMP: I WANT TO OPEN THE
SCHOOLS, THE TRANSMITTAL RATE TO
TEACHERS IS SMALL.
I WANT TO OPEN THE SCHOOLS AND
OUR COUNTRY.
HE WILL NOT HAVE A COUNTRY.
WE CANNOT KEEP THIS COUNTRY
CLOSED.
THIS IS A MASSIVE COUNTRY WITH A
MASSIVE ECONOMY.
PEOPLE ARE LOSING THEIR JOBS,
COMMITTING SUICIDE, DEPRESSION,
ALCOHOL, DRUGS AT A LEVEL NOBODY
HAS SEEN BEFORE.
TREMENDOUS ABUSE.
WE HAVE TO OPEN OUR COUNTRY.
THE CURE CANNOT BE WORSE THAN
THE PROBLEM ITSELF.
THAT IS WHAT IS HAPPENING, AND
HE WILL CLOSE DOWN THE COUNTRY
IF ONE PERSON IN OUR MASSIVE
BUREAUCRACY SAYS WE SHOULD CLOSE
IT DOWN.
MR. BIDEN: SIMPLY NOT TRUE.
WE OUGHT TO BE ABLE TO WALK AND
TO GUM AT THE SAME TIME.
WE OUGHT TO BE ABLE TO SAFELY
OPEN, BUT YOU NEED RESOURCES TO
OPEN.
IF YOU ARE GOING TO OPEN A
BUSINESS, YOU NEED SOCIAL
DISTANCING.
IF YOU HAVE A RESTAURANT, YOU
NEED PLEXIGLAS DIVIDERS SO
PEOPLE CANNOT INFECT ONE
ANOTHER.
YOU NEED TO BE IN A POSITION TO
TAKE TESTING RAPIDLY AND KNOW IF
A PERSON IS IN FACT INFECTED.
YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO TRACE AND
DIVIDE RESOURCES TO DO THIS.
THAT IS NOT INCONSISTENT WITH
SAYING WE WILL MAKE SURE WE OPEN
SAFELY.
ALL THE TEACHERS OUT THERE, NOT
MANY OF YOU WILL DIE, SO DON'T
WORRY ABOUT IT — COME ON.
PRES. TRUMP: IF YOU LOOK AT WHAT
HAS HAPPENED TO NEW YORK, IT IS
A GHOST TOWN.
WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT PLEXIGLAS,
THESE ARE RESTAURANTS THAT ARE
DYING, BUSINESSES WITH NO MONEY.
PUTTING UP PLEXIGLAS IS
UNBELIEVABLY EXPENSIVE, AND NOT
THE ANSWER.
YOU ARE GOING TO SIT THERE IN A
CUBICLE WRAPPED IN PLASTIC —
THESE BUSINESSES ARE DYING.
YOU CANNOT DO THAT TO PEOPLE.
LOOK AT NEW YORK AND WHAT HAS
HAPPENED TO MY WONDERFUL CITY —
I LOVED IT — IT IS DYING.
EVERYONE IS LEAVING NEW YORK.
MR. BIDEN: TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT
NEW YORK HAS DONE IN TURNING THE
CURVE DOWN IN TERMS OF PEOPLE
DYING.
I DO NOT LOOK AT THIS AS BLUE
STATES AND RED STATES, WE ARE
THE UNITED STATES.
LOOK AT THE STATES HAVING A
SPIKE, THEY ARE THE RED STATES,
THUS STATES IN THE MIDWEST, IN
THE UPPER MIDWEST — THAT IS
WHERE THE SPIKE IS OCCURRING
SIGNIFICANTLY.
THEY ARE ALL AMERICANS, AND WHAT
WE HAVE TO DO IS SAY WEAR THESE
MASKS AND GET HELP THAT
BUSINESSES NEED.
MONEY HAS ALREADY BEEN PASSED TO
DO THAT, IT HAS BEEN OUT THERE
SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE
SUMMER, AND NOTHING HAS
HAPPENED.
MS. WELKER: NEW YORK —
PRES. TRUMP: NEW YORK HAS LOST
11,000 PEOPLE.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT IS HAPPENING
IN PENNSYLVANIA, WHERE THEY HAVE
HAD IT CLOSED.
LOOK AT WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH
YOUR FRIEND IN MICHIGAN WHERE
HER HUSBAND IS THE ONLY ONE
ALLOWED TO DO ANYTHING — IT IS
LIKE A PRISON.
IT WAS RULED UNCONSTITUTIONAL.
LOOK AT NORTH CAROLINA, THEY
HAVE SPIKES AND THEY HAVE BEEN
CLOSED, THEY ARE GETTING KILLED
FINANCIALLY.
WE CANNOT LET THAT HAPPEN.
WE HAVE TO OPEN UP.
WE HAVE TO PROTECT OUR SENIORS
AND ELDERLY, WE HAVE TO PROTECT
OUR SENIORS WITH HEART PROBLEMS
AND DIABETES PROBLEMS.
WE HAVE THE BEST TESTING IN THE
WORLD BY FAR — THAT IS WHY WE
HAVE SO MANY CASES.
MS. WELKER: LET ME FOLLOW-UP,
YOU CALLED DR. FAUCI, THE BEST
KNOWN INFECTIOUS DISEASE EXPERT,
A DISASTER.
YOU DESCRIBED MEDICAL EXPERTS AS
IDIOTS.
IF YOU ARE NOT LISTENING THEM,
WHO WERE YOU LISTENING TO?
PRES. TRUMP: I LISTEN TO ALL OF
THEM, INCLUDING ANTHONY, BUT HE
DID SAY DO NOT WEAR A MASK.
HE DID SAY THIS IS NOT GOING TO
BE A PROBLEM.
I THINK HE IS A DEMOCRAT, BUT
THAT IS OK.
WE ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE A
PROBLEM AT ALL.
WHEN JOE SAYS THAT I SAID — DR.
FAUCI SAID — AND OTHERS — I AM
NOT KNOCKING THEM.
NOBODY KNEW WHAT THIS WAS OR
WHERE IT WAS COMING FROM.
WE HAVE LEARNED A LOT.
ANTHONY SAID DO NOT WEAR A MASK,
NOW HE SAYS TO WEAR A MASK.
HIS EXACT WORDS, THIS IS NO
PROBLEM, IT WILL GO AWAY SOON.
HE IS ALLOWED TO MAKE MISTAKES.
HE IS A GOOD PERSON.
MR. BIDEN: MY RESPONSE, THINK
ABOUT WHAT THE PRESIDENT KNEW IN
JANUARY AND DID NOT TELL THE
AMERICAN PEOPLE.
HE WAS TOLD THIS WAS A SERIOUS
VIRUS SPREAD IN THE AIR, AND
MUCH WORSE THAN THE FLU.
HE WENT ON RECORD AND SAID TO
ONE OF YOUR COLLEAGUES, RECORDED
, THAT HE KNEW HOW DANGEROUS IT
WAS BUT HE DID NOT WANT TO TELL
US BECAUSE HE DID NOT WANT US TO
PANIC.
AMERICANS DO NOT PANIC.
HE PANICKED.
IN THE MEANTIME, WE FIND OUT IN
THE NEW YORK TIMES THAT HIS
FOLKS WENT TO WALL STREET AND
SAID THIS IS DANGEROUS — AND A
MEMO OUT OF THAT MEETING, NOT
FROM HIS ADMINISTRATION, BUT
FROM BROKERS SAID TO SELL SHORT.
MS. WELKER: I WILL GIVE YOU 30
SECONDS TO RESPOND.
PRES. TRUMP: YOU ARE THE ONE WHO
TAKES ALL THE MONEY FROM WALL
STREET.
YOU HAVE RAISED A LOT OF MONEY,
TREMENDOUS AMOUNTS OF MONEY, AND
EVERY TIME YOU MAKE MONEY, DEALS
ARE MADE.
I COULD MAKE SO MUCH MORE MONEY,
I COULD CALL THE HEADS OF WALL
STREET, OF EVERY COMPANY IN
AMERICA, I WOULD BLOW AWAY EVERY
RECORD.
THAT PUTS ME IN A BAD POSITION.
YOU SHOULD NOT BRING UP WALL
STREET.
YOU TAKE MONEY FROM WALL STREET.
I COULD BLOW AWAY YOUR RECORDS
LIKE YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE.
WE HAVE PLENTY OF MONEY.
WE BEAT HILLARY CLINTON WITH A
TINY FRACTION OF THE MONEY.
MS. WELKER: WE ARE GOING TO MOVE
ON TO THE NEXT SESSION, NATIONAL
SECURITY.
I WANT TO START WITH THE
SECURITY OF ELECTIONS AND
BREAKING NEWS OVERNIGHT.
INTELLIGENCE OFFICIALS CONFIRMED
RUSSIA AND IRAN ARE WORKING TO
INFLUENCE THIS ELECTION.
THEY HAVE OBTAINED VOTER
REGISTRATION INFORMATION.
IRAN SENT INTIMIDATING MESSAGES
TO FLORIDA VOTERS.
MR. VICE PRESIDENT, WHAT WOULD
YOU DO PUT AN END TO THIS
THREAT?
MR. BIDEN: I MADE IT CLEAR THAT
ANY COUNTRY, NO MATTER WHO, IF
THEY INTERFERE WITH AMERICAN
ELECTIONS, THEY WILL PAY A
PRICE.
IT HAS BEEN OVERWHELMINGLY CLEAR
THIS ELECTION THAT RUSSIA HAS
BEEN INVOLVED, CHINA HAS BEEN
INVOLVED, AND NOW WE LEARN THAT
IRAN IS INVOLVED.
THEY WILL PAY A PRICE IF I AM
ELECTED.
INTERFERING WITH AMERICAN
SOVEREIGNTY, THAT IS WHAT IS
GOING ON.
AMERICAN SOVEREIGNTY.
TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE, THE
PRESIDENT HAS NOT SAID ANYTHING
TO PUTIN A LOT.
I DO NOT KNOW WHY HE HAS NOT
SAID A WORD TO PUTIN ABOUT IT.
MY GUESS IS HE WOULD BE MORE
OUTSPOKEN WITH REGARD TO THE
IRANIANS.
THE POINT IS THIS, WE ARE IN A
SITUATION WHERE WE HAVE FOREIGN
COUNTRIES TRYING TO INTERFERE IN
THE OUTCOME OF OUR ELECTION.
HIS OWN NOTIONAL SECURITY VISOR
TOLD HIM WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH
HIS BUDDY — HIS BUDDY, RUDY
GIULIANI — HE IS BEING USED AS
A RUSSIAN PAWN, FED INFORMATION
THAT IS NOT TRUE.
THEN WHAT HAPPENS, NOTHING.
THEN YOU FIND OUT EVERYTHING
GOING ON ABOUT RUSSIA IS WANTING
TO MAKE SURE I DO NOT GET
ELECTED AS THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF
THE UNITED STATES, BECAUSE THEY
KNOW THAT I KNOW THEM, AND THEY
KNOW ME.
I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THIS
PRESIDENT IS UNABLE TO TAKE ON
PUTING WHEN HE IS PAYING
BOUNTIES TO KILL AMERICAN
SOLDIERS IN AFGHANISTAN.
I DO NOT KNOW WHY HE DOES NOT DO
IT.
IT IS WORTH ASKING THE QUESTION,
WHY ISN'T THAT BEING DONE?
ANY COUNTRY THAT INTERFERES WILL
PAY A PRICE, BECAUSE THEY ARE
AFFECTING OUR SOVEREIGNTY.
MS. WELKER: PRESIDENT TRUMP,
SAME QUESTION TO YOU.
FOR TWO ELECTIONS IN A ROW THERE
IS SUBSTANTIAL INTERFERENCE BY
FOREIGN ADVERSARIES.
PRES. TRUMP: LET ME RESPOND TO
THE FIRST PART.
JOE GOT 3.5 MILLION DOLLARS FROM
RUSSIA THAT CAME THROUGH PUTIN
BECAUSE HE WAS FRIENDLY WITH THE
MAYOR OF MOSCOW, AND IT WAS HIS
WIFE.
$3.5 MILLION, AND SOMEDAY YOU
HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHY.
I NEVER GOT ANY MONEY FROM
RUSSIA.
ABOUT YOUR THING LAST NIGHT, I
KNEW ABOUT THAT.
THROUGH JOHN, WHO IS FANTASTIC,
ONE THING THAT IS COMMON TO BOTH
OF THEM, THEY WANT YOU TO LOSE,
BECAUSE THERE IS NOBODY TOUGHER
ON RUSSIA.
NOBODY TOUGHER THAN ME ON RUSSIA
BETWEEN THE SANCTIONS, BETWEEN
ALL OF WHAT I HAVE DONE WITH
NATO — I GOT NATO TO PUT UP AN
EXTRA 130 BILLION GOING TO $420
BILLION A YEAR AGAINST RUSSIA.
WHILE HE WAS SELLING PILLOWS AND
SHEETS, I SOLD TANK BUSTERS TO
UKRAINE.
THERE IS NOBODY TOUGHER ON
RUSSIA THAN DONALD TRUMP.
THEY WERE SO BAD, THEY TOOK OVER
THE SUBMARINE PORT — YOU
REMEMBER THAT WELL, DURING YOUR
TERM, YOU AND BARACK OBAMA, THEY
TOOK OVER A BIG PART OF WHAT
SHOULD HAVE BEEN UKRAINE.
RUSSIA WAS PAYING YOU A LOT OF
MONEY, AND THEY PROBABLY STILL
ARE.
WHAT CAME OUT TODAY IS WORSE,
ALL OF THE EMAILS, THE HORRIBLE
EMAILS OF THE MONEY YOU WERE
RAKING INCOME I YOU AND YOUR
FAMILY.
YOU WERE VICE RESIDENT WHEN SOME
OF THIS WAS HAPPENING.
IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED.
I THINK YOU OPEN EXPLANATION TO
THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.
WHY IS IT — SOMEONE HAD A NEWS
CONFERENCE NOT LONG AGO, AND
WHAT HE SAID WASN'T DAMMING.
I THINK YOU HAVE TO CLEAN IT UP
AND TALK TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.
MAYBE YOU CAN DO IT RIGHT NOW.
>> — WHAT HE SAID WAS DAMNING.
MR. BIDEN: I HAVE NOT TAKEN A
PENNY FOR ANY FOREIGN SOURCE IN
MY LIFE.
WE LEARNED THIS PRESIDENT DOES
BUSINESS IN CHINA, HAS A SECRET
BANK ACCOUNT IN CHINA, AND IS
TALKING ABOUT ME TAKING MONEY?
I HAVE NOT TAKEN A PENNY FROM A
SINGLE COUNTRY WHATSOEVER.
NUMBER ONE.
NUMBER TWO, THIS IS A PRESIDENT
— I RELEASED ALL MY TAX
RETURNS.
22 YEARS — GO LOOK AT THEM.
YOU HAVE NOT RELEASED A SINGLE
SOLITARY YEAR OF YOUR TAX
RETURN.
WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?
WHY ARE YOU UNWILLING?
FOREIGN COUNTRIES ARE PAYING YOU
A LOT.
RUSSIA IS PAYING YOU A LOT.
CHINA IS PAYING YOU A LOT.
YOUR HOTELS, YOUR BUSINESSES ALL
AROUND THE COUNTRY, ALL AROUND
THE WORLD.
CHINA IS BUILDING A NEW ROAD TO
A GOLF COURSE YOU HAVE OVERSEAS,
SO WHAT'S GOING ON?
RELEASE YOUR TAX RETURN OR STOP
TALKING ABOUT CORRUPTION.
>> PRESIDENT TRUMP, YOUR
RESPONSE.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: FIRST OF ALL, I
CALLED MY ACCOUNTANTS UNDER
AUDIT.
I'M GOING TO RELEASE MY TAX
RETURNS.
IT WILL SHOW HOW GREAT THIS
COUNTRY IS, BUT MORE IMPORTANT
THAN THAT, PEOPLE WERE SAYING
$750.
I ASKED A WEEK AGO WHAT I PAID.
THEY SAID, SIR, YOU PREPAID TENS
OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.
I PREPAID MY TAX OVER THE LAST
NUMBER OF YEARS.
TENS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS I
PREPAID BECAUSE AT SOME POINT,
THEY THINK — IT'S AN ESTIMATE
— THEY THINK I MAY HAVE TO PAY
TAX, SO I ALREADY PREPAID.
NOBODY TELLS ME THAT.
AND IT WAS NOT WRITTEN.
THEY KEEP TALKING ABOUT 750
DOLLARS, WHICH I THINK IS A
FILING FEE.
BUT LET ME JUST SAY I PREPAID
MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF DOLLARS
IN TAXES.
NUMBER ONE.
NUMBER TWO, I DON'T MAKE MONEY
FROM CHINA.
YOU DO.
I DON'T MAKE MONEY FROM UKRAINE.
YOU DO.
I DON'T MAKE MONEY FROM RUSSIA.
YOU MADE $3.5 MILLION AND YOUR
SON GAVE YOUR — THEY EVEN HAD A
STATEMENT THAT WE HAVE TO GIVE
10% TO THE BIG MAN.
YOU ARE THE BIG MAN, I THINK.
I DON'T KNOW, MAYBE NOT, BUT YOU
ARE THE BIG MAN, I THINK.
WHAT'S THAT ALL ABOUT?
IT'S TERRIBLE.
>> I'M GOING TO LET YOU BOTH
RESPOND.
VERY QUICKLY, YOU SAID YOU SPOKE
TO YOUR ACCOUNTANT ABOUT
POTENTIALLY RELEASING YOUR
TAXES.
DID HE TELL YOU WHEN YOU ARE
GOING TO RELEASE HIM — RELEASE
THEM?
PRESIDENT TRUMP: I GOT THROUGH
TO THEM WORSE THAN THE TEA PARTY
GOT THROUGH TO THEM.
A LOT OF PEOPLE DEEP DOWN THAT
TREAT ME HORRIBLY.
WE MADE A DEAL, IT WAS ALL
SETTLED UNTIL I DECIDED TO RUN
FOR PRESIDENT.
I GET TREATED VERY BADLY BY THE
IRS, VERY UNFAIRLY, BUT WE HAD A
DEAL ALL DONE.
AS SOON AS WE ARE COMPLETED WITH
THE DEAL — I WANT TO RELEASE
IT, BUT I HAVE PAID MILLIONS AND
MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, AND IT'S
WORSE THAN PAYING.
I PAID IN ADVANCE.
IT'S CALLED PREPAYING YOUR
TAXES.
>> I WANT TO ASK YOU BOTH ABOUT
POTENTIAL FOREIGN ENTANGLEMENTS
AND GIVE YOU BOTH A CHANCE TO
TALK ABOUT THIS MORE BROADLY.
RESPOND QUICKLY AND I WILL GET
TO MY QUESTION.
MR. BIDEN: HE HAS BEEN SAYING
THIS FOR FOUR YEARS.
SHOW US.
JUST SHOW US.
STOP PLAYING AROUND.
WHAT THEY DO KNOW IS THAT YOU
ARE NOT PAYING YOUR TAXES, OR
YOU ARE PAYING TAXES THAT ARE SO
LOW — WHEN LAST TIME HE SAID
WHAT HE PAID, HE SAID I ONLY
PAID OUT A LITTLE BECAUSE I'M
SMART.
I KNOW HOW TO GAME THE SYSTEM.
COME ON.
COME ON, FOLKS.
>> TO YOU, PRESIDENT TRUMP, THAN
I WANT TO GET YOUR TWO
QUESTIONS.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: I WAS PUT
THROUGH A PHONY WITCHHUNT FOR
THREE YEARS.
IT STARTED BEFORE I EVEN GOT
ELECTED.
THEY SPIED ON MY CAMPAIGN.
NO PRESIDENT SHOULD EVER HAVE TO
GO THROUGH WHAT I WENT THROUGH.
LET ME JUST SAY THIS — MUELLER
IN 18 ANGRY DEMOCRATS AND FBI
AGENT'S ALL OVER THE PLACE SPENT
48 MILLION DOLLARS.
THEY WENT THROUGH EVERYTHING I
HAD, INCLUDING MY TAX RETURNS,
AND THEY FOUND ABSOLUTELY NO
COLLUSION AND NOTHING WRONG.
I GUARANTEE, IF I SPEND $1
MILLION ON YOU, JOE, I COULD
FIND PLENTY WRONG BECAUSE THE
KINDS OF THINGS THAT YOU HAVE
DONE IN THE KIND OF MONEY YOUR
FAMILY HAS TAKEN — I MEAN, YOUR
BROTHER MADE MILLIONS OF
DOLLARS.
YOUR OTHER BROTHER MADE A
FORTUNE, AND IT'S ALL THROUGH
YOU.
AND THEY SAY YOU GET SOME OF IT,
AND YOU DO LIVE VERY WELL.
>> VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN, THERE
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE
WORK YOUR SON HAS DONE IN
UKRAINE AND YOUR RELATIONSHIP
WITH CHINA.
IN RETROSPECT, WAS ANYTHING
ABOUT THOSE RELATIONSHIPS AND
ETHICAL?
MR. BIDEN: WITH HER GOT TO
UKRAINE, WE HAD THIS QUESTION
ABOUT BECAUSE HE WAS ON THE
BOARD, THAT SOMEHOW I HAD DONE
SOMETHING WRONG.
YET, EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY
PERSON WHEN HE WAS GOING THROUGH
HIS IMPEACHMENT TESTIFYING UNDER
OATH WHO WORKED FOR HIM SAID I
DID MY JOB IMPECCABLY.
I CARRIED OUT U.S. POLICY.
NOT ONE SINGLE SOLITARY THING
WAS OUT OF LINE.
NOT A SINGLE THING.
NUMBER ONE.
NUMBER TWO, THE GUY WHO GOT IN
TROUBLE IN UKRAINE WAS THIS GUY
FOR TRYING TO BRIBE THE
UKRAINIAN GOVERNMENT TO SAY
SOMETHING NEGATIVE ABOUT ME,
WHICH THEY WOULD NOT DO AND DID
NOT DO BECAUSE IT NEVER, EVER,
EVER HAPPENED.
MY SON HAS NOT MADE MONEY IN
TERMS OF THIS THING ABOUT —
WERE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
CHINA.
THE ONLY GUY THAT MADE MONEY
FROM CHINA IS THIS GUY.
THE ONLY ONE.
NOBODY ELSE HAS MADE MONEY FROM
CHINA.
>> PRESIDENT TRUMP, LET ME ASK
MY QUESTION TO YOU —
PRESIDENT TRUMP: COULD I JUST
ASK ONE —
>> VERY QUICKLY.
TRUMPS SURVIVOR: HIS FUN —
PRESIDENT TRUMP: HIS SON, AS
SOON AS HE BECAME VICE
PRESIDENT, I HEAR THEY PAID HIM
100 $83,000 A MONTH — LISTEN TO
THIS — 183 — THEY GAVE HIM A
$3 MILLION UPFRONT PAYMENT, AND
HE HAD NO ENERGY —
>> I'M GOING TO LET THE VICE
PRESIDENT ANSWER AND THEN I'M
GOING TO GET A QUESTION TO YOU.
MR. BIDEN: NO ONE SAID ANYTHING
HE DID WAS WRONG IN UKRAINE.
>> PRESIDENT TRUMP, THIS IS FOR
YOU.
SINCE YOU TOOK OFFICE, YOU HAVE
NEVER DIVESTED FROM YOUR
BUSINESS.
A COURT INDICATES YOU HAVE A
BANK ACCOUNT IN CHINA.
HOW CAN VOTERS KNOW YOU DO NOT
HAVE ANY FOREIGN CONFLICT OF
INTEREST?
PRESIDENT TRUMP: I HAVE MANY
BANK ACCOUNTS, AND THEY ARE ALL
OVER THE PLACE.
I'M A BUSINESSMAN DOING
BUSINESS.
THE BANK ACCOUNT YOU ARE
REFERRING TO WAS IN 2013.
IT WAS CLOSED IN 2015, I
BELIEVE, AND THEN I DECIDED,
BECAUSE I WAS GOING TO DO — I
WAS THINKING ABOUT DOING A DEAL
IN CHINA LIKE MILLIONS OF OTHER
PEOPLE, AND I DECIDED I'M NOT
GOING TO DO IT.
DIDN'T LIKE IT, DECIDED NOT TO
DO IT, HAD AN ACCOUNT OPEN, AND
I CLOSED IT.
>> OK.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: EXCUSE ME.
THEN, UNLIKE HIM, I DECIDED THE
ROAD TO PRESIDENT, SO I CLOSED
IT BEFORE I EVEN RAN FOR
PRESIDENT, LET ALONE BECAME
PRESIDENT.
BIG DIFFERENCE — HE IS THE VICE
PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES,
AND HIS SON, HIS BROTHER, AND
HIS OTHER BROTHER ARE GETTING
RICH.
THEY ARE LIKE A VACUUM CLEANER

[CROSSTALK]
>> I DO WANT TO ASK YOU, VICE
PRESIDENT BIDEN, ABOUT CHINA.
LET'S TALK ABOUT CHINA MORE
BROADLY.
PRESIDENT TRUMP HAS SAID THEY
SHOULD PAY FOR NOT BEING FULLY
TRANSPARENT IN WE GOT TO THE
CORONAVIRUS.
IF YOU WERE PRESIDENT, WOULD YOU
MAKE CHINA PAY?
PLEASE BE SPECIFIC.
WHAT WOULD THAT LOOK LIKE?
— IN REGARD TO THE CORONAVIRUS.
MR. BIDEN: I WOULD MAKE CHINA
PLAY BY THE RULES.
HE HAS CAUSED THE DEFICIT WITH
CHINA TO GO UP, NOT DOWN.
WE ARE MAKING SURE THAT IN ORDER
TO DO BUSINESS IN CHINA, YOU
HAVE TO HAVE A PARTNER WITH 51%,
AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO DO THAT
AT ALL.
WHEN I MET WITH XI, HE SAID WE
ARE SETTING UP IDENTIFICATION
ZONES IN THE SOUTH CHINA SEA,
AND I SAID WE ARE GOING TO FLY
THROUGH THEM.
WE JUST FLEW BOMBERS THROUGH IT.
THEY HAVE TO PLAY BY THE RULES,
AND WHAT DOES HE DO?
HE EMBRACES GUYS LIKE THE THUGS
LIKE IN NORTH KOREA AND THE
CHINESE PRESIDENT AND PUGIN AND
OTHERS, AND HE POKES HIS FINGER
IN THE EYEBALL OF OUR FRIENDS,
ALL OF OUR ALLIES.
THEY MAKE UP 25% OF THE WORLD'S
ECONOMY.
WE NEED TO BE HAVING THE REST OF
OUR FRIENDS WITH US SAYING TO
CHINA, THESE ARE THE RULES.
YOU PLAY BY THEM, OR YOU PAY THE
PRICE FOR NOT PLAYING BY THEM
ECONOMICALLY.
THAT'S THE WAY I WILL RUN IT,
AND THAT'S WHAT WE DID WHEN WE
WERE PRESIDENT AND VICE
PRESIDENT.
>> LET'S TALK ABOUT —
PRESIDENT TRUMP: NO, I HAVE TO
RESPOND TO THAT.
THERE'S A VERY STRONG FEMALE
TALKING ABOUT YOUR FAMILY
WANTING TO MAKE $10 MILLION A
YEAR FOR INTRODUCTIONS —
>> PRESIDENT TRUMP, WHAT
SPECIFICALLY ARE YOU GOING TO DO
TO MAKE CHINA PAY?
PRESIDENT TRUMP: CHINA IS
PAYING.
THEY ARE PAYING BILLIONS AND
BILLIONS OF DOLLARS.
I JUST GAVE $28 BILLION TO OUR
FARMERS —
MR. BIDEN: TAXPAYERS' MONEY.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: IT'S NOT THE
TAXPAYERS.
IT'S CALLED CHINA.
YOU KNOW THEY DID TO PAY?
THEY DEVALUED THEIR CURRENCY AND
ALSO PAID UP.
YOU KNOW WHO GOT THE MONEY?
OUR FARMERS BECAUSE THEY WERE
TARGETED.
YOU NEVER CHARGED THEM ANYTHING.
ALSO, I CHARGED THEM 25% ON
DUMPED STEEL.
THEY WERE KILLING OUR STEEL
INDUSTRY —
>> OK, VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN,
YOUR RESPONSE.
MR. BIDEN: THERE'S A REASON HE'S
BRINGING UP ALL OF THIS
MALARKEY.
THERE'S A REASON FOR IT.
HE DOES NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT
THE SUBSTANTIVE ISSUES.
IT'S NOT ABOUT HIS FAMILY AND MY
FAMILY.
IT'S ABOUT YOUR FAMILY AND YOUR
FAMILY IS HURTING BADLY.
IF YOU ARE A MIDDLE-CLASS
FAMILY, YOU ARE GETTING HURT
BADLY RIGHT NOW.
YOU'RE SITTING AT THE KITCHEN
TABLE DECIDING WE CANNOT GET NEW
TIRES, THEY ARE BALD, BUT WE
HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER MONTH OR
SO.
OR WHO IS GOING TO TELL OUR
DAUGHTER SHE CANNOT GO BACK TO
COMMUNITY COLLEGE?
MIDDLE-CLASS FAMILIES LIKE THE
ONE I GREW UP WITH ARE IN
TROUBLE.
WE SHOULD BE TALKING ABOUT YOU,
BUT THAT'S THE LAST THING HE
WANTS TO TALK ABOUT.
>> I WANT TO TALK ABOUT NORTH
KOREA — 10 SECONDS, MR.
PRESIDENT.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: LET'S GET OFF
THIS CHINA THING, THEN HE LOOKS
TO FAMILY AND EVERYTHING, JUST
YOUR TYPICAL POLITICIAN —
>> OK —
PRESIDENT TRUMP: THAT'S WHY I
GOT ELECTED.
LET'S GET OFF THE SUBJECT OF
CHINA.
LET'S TALK SITTING AROUND THE
TABLE.
COME ON, JOE, YOU CAN DO BETTER.
>> YOU MET WITH NORTH KOREAN
LEADER KIM JONG-UN THREE TIMES.
YOU TALKED ABOUT YOUR BEAUTIFUL
LETTERS FROM HIM.
YOU TOUTED THE FACT THAT THERE
HAS NOT BEEN A WAR OR LONG-RANGE
MISSILE TEST AND YET, NORTH
KOREA JUST ROLLED OUT ITS
BIGGEST EVER INTERCONTINENTAL
BALLISTIC MISSILE AND CONTINUES
TO DEVELOP ITS NUCLEAR ARSENAL.
DO YOU SEE THAT AS A PEN TRAIL
OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP — BETRAYAL
OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP?
PRESIDENT TRUMP: I SAT WITH
BARACK OBAMA IN THE WHITE HOUSE,
RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING, IT WAS A
GREAT RELATIONSHIP.
IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE 15
MINUTES.
IT LASTED MORE THAN AN HOUR.
HE SAID WE WOULD BE IN A WAR
WITH NORTH KOREA, AND IT WOULD
BE A NUCLEAR WAR.
IN THE MEANTIME, I HAVE A VERY
GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM.
DIFFERENT KIND OF A GUY, BUT HE
PROBABLY THINK THE SAME ABOUT
ME.
WE HAVE A VERY GOOD RELATIONSHIP
AND THERE'S NO WAR.
ABOUT TWO MONTHS AGO, HE BROKE
INTO A CERTAIN AREA, AND HE SAID
THERE'S GOING TO BE TROUBLE, AND
I SAID NO, THERE WON'T BECAUSE
HE'S NOT GOING TO DO THAT.
MILLIONS AND MILLIONS — 32
MILLION PEOPLE — MILLIONS OF
PEOPLE WOULD BE DEAD RIGHT NOW

[CROSSTALK]
>> VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN, NORTH
KOREA CONDUCTED 4 NUCLEAR TESTS
UNDER THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION.
WHY DO YOU THINK YOU WOULD BE
ABLE TO REIN IN THIS PERSISTENT
THREAT?
MR. BIDEN: BECAUSE I MADE IT
CLEAR THEY WOULD HAVE TO BE PART
OF THE DEAL.
I MADE IT CLEAR AS A
SPOKESPERSON OF THE
ADMINISTRATION WHEN I WENT TO
CHINA.
THEY SAID WHY ARE YOU MOVING
YOUR MISSILE DEFENSE SO CLOSE?
WHY ARE YOU MOVING MORE FORCES
HERE?
WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO DO
MILITARY MANEUVERS WITH SOUTH
KOREA?
I SAID BECAUSE NORTH KOREA IS A
PROBLEM, AND WE ARE GOING TO
CONTINUE TO DO IT SO WE CAN
CONTROL THEM.
WE ARE GOING TO MAKE SURE WE CAN
CONTROL THEM AND MAKE SURE THEY
CANNOT HURT US.
IF YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING
ABOUT IT, STEP UP AND HELP.
IF NOT, IT'S GOING TO CONTINUE.
WHAT HAS HE DONE?
LEGITIMIZED NORTH KOREA.
HE TALKED ABOUT HIS GOOD BUDDY
WHO IS A THUG, AND TALKED ABOUT
HOW WE ARE BETTER OFF, AND THEY
HAVE MUCH MORE CAPABLE MISSILES
ABLE TO REACH U.S. TERRITORY
MUCH MORE EASILY THAN EVER
BEFORE.
>> LET ME FOLLOW-UP — YOU SAID
YOU WOULD NOT MEET WITH KIM
JONG-UN WITHOUT PRECONDITIONS.
ARE THERE ANY CONDITIONS UNDER
WHICH YOU WOULD MEET WITH HIM?
MR. BIDEN: ON THE CONDITION HE
WOULD AGREE HE WOULD BE DRAWING
DOWN HIS NUCLEAR CAPACITY, TO
GET THE KOREAN PENINSULA TO BE A
NUCLEAR-FREE ZONE.
>> LET'S MOVE ON TO —
[CROSSTALK]
PRESIDENT TRUMP: THEY TRIED TO
GET HIM TO DRAW DOWN.
HE DID NOT LIKE OBAMA.
HE WOULD NOT DO IT.
WE HAVE A GOOD RELATIONSHIP.
HAVING A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH
LEADERS OF OTHER COUNTRIES —
>> PRESIDENT TRUMP, WE HAVE A
LOT OF QUESTIONS TO GET TO.
MR. BIDEN: WE HAD A GREAT
RELATIONSHIP WITH HITLER'S
BEFORE HE INVADED EUROPE.
COME ON.
PRESIDENT OBAMA SAID WE WERE
GOING TO TALK ABOUT
DENUCLEARIZATION.
WE ARE NOT GOING TO LEGITIMIZE
YOU BUT CONTINUE TO PUSH
STRONGER AND STRONGER SANCTIONS
ON YOU.
THAT'S WHY HE WOULD NOT MEET
WITH US.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: AND IT DID NOT
HAPPEN —
>> WE NEED TO MOVE ON.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: LEFT ME A MESS.
NORTH KOREA WAS A MESS —
>> WE NEED TO MOVE ON TO OTHER
QUESTIONS TONIGHT.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: IT WAS A
DANGEROUS PERIOD IN MY FIRST FEW
MONTHS BEFORE WE SORT OF WORKED
THINGS OUT IT.
THEY LEFT US A MESS, AND OBAMA
WOULD BE, I THINK, THE FIRST TO
SAY IT WAS THE SINGLE BIGGEST
PROBLEM HE THOUGHT IN OUR
COUNTRY.
>> LET'S MOVE ONTO AMERICAN
FAMILIES AND OUR ECONOMY.
ONE OF THE ISSUES MOST IMPORTANT
TO THEM IS HEALTH CARE, AS WE
BOTH KNOW.
TODAY, THERE WAS A KEY VOTE ON A
NEW SUPREME COURT JUSTICE, AMY
CONEY BARRETT, AND HEALTH CARE
IS AT THE CENTER OF HER
CONFIRMATION FIGHT.
OVER 20 MILLION AMERICANS GET
THEIR HEALTH INSURANCE THROUGH
THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT.
IT IS HEADED TO THE SUPREME
COURT, AND YOUR ADMINISTRATION
IS ADVOCATING FOR THE COURT TO
OVERTURN IT.
IF THE SUPREME COURT DOES
OVERTURN THAT LAW, 20 MILLION
AMERICANS COULD LOSE THEIR
HEALTH INSURANCE ON MOST
OVERNIGHT.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF THOSE
PEOPLE HAVE THEIR HEALTH
INSURANCE TAKEN AWAY?
PRESIDENT TRUMP: FIRST OF ALL,
I'VE ALREADY DONE SOMETHING
NOBODY THOUGHT WAS POSSIBLE.
THROUGH THE LEGISLATURE, I
TERMINATED THE INDIVIDUAL
MANDATE, THE WORST PART OF OBAMA
CARE, AS WE CALL IT.
I TERMINATED IT.
IT'S GONE.
NOW IT IS IN COURT BECAUSE
OBAMACARE IS NO GOOD.
THEN I MADE THE DECISION — RUN
IT AS WELL AS YOU CAN.
MY PEOPLE, GREAT PEOPLE, RUN IT
AS WELL AS YOU CAN — I COULD
HAVE GONE THE OTHER ROUTE AND
MADE EVERYBODY VERY HAPPY.
THEY RAN IT.
PREMIUMS ARE DOWN.
HERE'S THE PROBLEM — IT'S NO
GOOD.
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO DO IS
TERMINATE IT.
WE HAVE THE INDIVIDUAL MANDATE
DONE.
I DON'T KNOW THAT IT IS GOING TO
WORK.
IT NO LONGER IS OBAMACARE
BECAUSE WITHOUT THE INDIVIDUAL
MANDATE, IT'S MUCH DIFFERENT.
PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS WILL
ALWAYS STAY.
WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO DO IS A
MUCH BETTER HEALTH CARE — MUCH
BETTER — WILL ALWAYS PROTECT
PEOPLE WITH PRE-EXISTING.
I WOULD LIKE TO TERMINATE
OBAMACARE.
DEMOCRATS WILL DO IT BECAUSE
THERE WILL BE TREMENDOUS
PRESSURE ON THEM AND WE MIGHT
EVEN HAVE THE HOUSE BY THAT
TIME, AND I THINK WE ARE GOING
TO WIN THE HOUSE.
YOU WILL SEE, BUT I THINK WE ARE
GOING TO WIN THE HOUSE, BUT COME
UP WITH A BETTER HEALTH CARE,
ALWAYS PROTECTING PEOPLE WITH
PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS, AND ONE
THING VERY IMPORTANT — WE HAVE
180 MILLION PEOPLE OUT THERE
THAT HAVE GREAT PRIVATE HEALTH
CARE, FAR MORE THAN WHAT WE ARE
TALKING ABOUT WITH OBAMACARE.
JOE BIDEN IS GOING TO TERMINATE
ALL OF THOSE POLICIES.
THESE ARE PEOPLE THAT LOVE THEIR
HEALTH CARE, PEOPLE THAT HAVE AN
SUCCESSFUL.
MIDDLE INCOME PEOPLE — BEEN
SUCCESSFUL.
THEY HAVE 180 MILLION PEOPLE,
FAMILIES, UNDER WHAT HE WANTS TO
DO, WHICH WILL BASICALLY BE
SOCIALIZED MEDICINE — YOU WON'T
EVEN HAVE A CHOICE — THEY WANT
TO TERMINATE 180 MILLION PLANS.
WE HAVE DONE AN INCREDIBLE JOB
ON HEALTH CARE, AND WE ARE GOING
TO DO EVEN BETTER.
>> VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN, YOUR
HEALTH PLAN CALLS FOR BUILDING
ON OBAMACARE.
WHAT IS YOUR PLAN IF THE LAW IS
HELD UNCONSTITUTIONAL BY THE
SUPREME COURT?
YOU HAVE TWO MINUTES.
>> WHAT I'M GOING TO DO IS PASS
OBAMACARE WITH A PUBLIC OPTION.
IT BECOMES BIDENCARE OR THE
PUBLIC OPTION WOULD BE IF YOU
QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID AND DO NOT
HAVE THE WHEREWITHAL IN YOUR
STATE TO GET MEDICAID, YOU ARE
AUTOMATICALLY ENROLLED,
PROVIDING COMPETITION.
SECOND, WE WILL MAKE SURE WE
REDUCE THE PREMIUMS AND REDUCE
DRUG PRICES BY MAKING SURE
THERE'S COMPETITION THAT DOES
NOT EXIST NOW, BY ALLOWING
MEDICARE TO NEGOTIATE DRUG
PRICES WITH INSURANCE COMPANIES.
THIRDLY, THE IDEA THAT I WANT TO
ELIMINATE PRIVATE INSURANCE —
THE REASON WHY I HAD SUCH A
FIGHT WITH 20 CANDIDATES FOR THE
NOMINATION WAS I SUPPORT PRIVATE
INSURANCE.
NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON IN PRIVATE
INSURANCE WOULD LOSE THEIR
INSURANCE UNDER MY PLAN, NOTED
THEY UNDER OBAMACARE.
THEY DID NOT LOSE THEIR
INSURANCE UNLESS THEY CHOSE THEY
WANTED TO GO TO SOMETHING ELSE.
LASTLY, WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A
SITUATION THAT WE ACTUALLY
PROTECT PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS.
THERE'S NO WAY HE CAN PROTECT
PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS.
NONE, ZERO.
YOU CANNOT DO IT IN THE ETHER.
HE HAS BEEN TALKING ABOUT THIS A
LONG TIME.
HE HAS NEVER COME UP WITH A
PLAN.
I GUESS WE WILL GET THE
PRE-EXISTING CONDITION PLAN THE
SAME TIME WE GET THE
INFRASTRUCTURE PLAN THAT WE
WAITED FOR IN 2017, 2018, 2019,
2020.
I KNOW YOU ARE GETTING ANXIOUS.
HE HAS ALREADY COST THE AMERICAN
PEOPLE BECAUSE HIS TERRIBLE
HANDLING OF CORONAVIRUS AND ITS
ECONOMIC SPILLOVER.
10 MILLION PEOPLE HAVE LOST
THEIR PRIVATE INSURANCE, AND HE
WANTS TO TAKE AWAY 22 MILLION
MORE PEOPLE WHO HAVE IT UNDER
OBAMACARE AND 110 MILLION PEOPLE
WITH PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS,
AND ALL THE PEOPLE WITH COVID
WHO HAVE PRE-EXISTING
CONDITIONS, WHAT ARE THEY GOING
TO DO?
>> I HAVE A FOLLOW-UP THAT
RELATES TO SOMETHING PRESIDENT
TRUMP SAID.
HE ACCUSES YOU OF WANTING TO
SOCIALIZED MEDICINE.
WHAT DO YOU SAY TO PEOPLE WHO
THINK THE OPTION TAKES THE
COUNTRY ONE STEP CLOSER TO A
HEALTH CARE SYSTEM RUN BY
GOVERNMENT?
MR. BIDEN: I SAY IT'S
RIDICULOUS.
THE FACT THAT THERE'S A PUBLIC
OPTION, THAT PEOPLE CAN CHOOSE,
THAT MAKES IT A SOCIALIST PLAN?
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE
PRESIDENT AND I, I THINK HEALTH
CARE IS NOT A PRIVILEGE BUT A
RIGHT.
I'M PROUD OF MY PLAN.
IT HAS GOTTEN ENDORSED BY MAJOR
LABOR UNIONS AS WELL AS A RANGE
OF OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE
CONCERNED IN THE MEDICAL FIELD.
THIS IS SOMETHING THAT WILL SAVE
PEOPLE'S LIVES CAN GET SO MANY
PEOPLE AN OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE
HEALTH CARE FOR THEIR CHILDREN.
HOW MANY PEOPLE AT HOME ARE
WORRIED, ROLLING AROUND IN BED
TONIGHT WORRIED ABOUT WHAT IS
GOING TO HAPPEN IF YOU GET SICK?
WE HAVE TO PROVIDE HEALTH
INSURANCE FOR PEOPLE AT AN
AFFORDABLE RATE, AND THAT'S WHAT
I WOULD DO.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: HE WAS THERE
FOR 47 YEARS.
HE DID NOT DO IT.
HE WAS NOW THERE IS VICE
PRESIDENT FOR EIGHT YEARS, AND
IT'S NOT LIKE IT WAS 25 YEARS
AGO.
IT WAS JUST A LITTLE WHILE AGO,
RIGHT?
HE DID NOT DO ANYTHING.
HE WANTS SOCIALIZED MEDICINE,
AND IT'S NOT THAT HE WANTS IT.
HIS VICE PRESIDENT — I MEAN,
SHE IS MORE LIBERAL THAN BERNIE
SANDERS AND WANTS IT EVEN MORE.
BERNIE SANDERS WANTS IT.
THE DEMOCRATS WANT IT.
YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE SOCIALIZED
MEDICINE.
JUST LIKE HE WENT ON FRACKING,
"WE ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE
FRACKING."
THEN HE GOES TO PENNSYLVANIA
ONCE HE GOT THE NOMINATION, AND
HE JUST, "OH, WE'RE GOING TO
HAVE FRACKING."
AND YOU NEVER ASK THAT QUESTION.
BY THE WAY, SO FAR, I RESPECT
THE WAY YOU ARE HANDLING THIS,
BUT SOMEBODY SHOULD ASK THE
QUESTION.
HE GOES FOR A YEAR —
>> WE HAVE A NUMBER OF TOPICS TO
GET TO.
WE ARE GOING TO GET TO THIS —
[CROSSTALK]
YOUR RESPONSE, PLEASE.
MR. BIDEN: MY RESPONSE IS PEOPLE
DESERVE TO HAVE HEALTH CARE,
PERIOD.
PERIOD, PERIOD, PERIOD.
THE BIDEN PROPOSAL WILL PROVIDE
FOR AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE,
LOWER PREMIUMS.
IT'S GOING TO COST OVER $750
BILLION OVER 10 YEARS TO DO IT,
AND THEY WILL HAVE LOWER
PREMIUMS.
YOU CAN BUY INTO THE BETTER
PLAN, THE CHEAPER PLAN, LOWER
YOUR PREMIUMS.
YOU CAN HAVE YOUR DRUG PRICES
DROP SIGNIFICANTLY.
HE KEEPS TALKING ABOUT IT.
HE HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING FOR
ANYBODY ON HEALTH CARE.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: HE'S TALKING
ABOUT SOCIALIZED MEDICINE AND
HEALTH CARE.
WHEN HE TALKED ABOUT THE PUBLIC
OPTION, HE'S TALKING ABOUT
DESTROYING YOUR MEDICARE AND
DESTROYING YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY,
AND THIS WHOLE COUNTRY WILL COME
DOWN.
YOU KNOW, BERNIE SANDERS TRIED
IT FOR HIS STATE.
HE TRIED IT FOR HIS STATE.
HIS GOVERNOR WAS A VERY LIBERAL
GOVERNOR.
THEY WANTED TO MAKE IT WORK —
>> OK, VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN,
PLEASE RESPOND.
MR. BIDEN: HE THINKS HE IS
RUNNING AGAINST SOMEONE ELSE.
I BEAT ALL THOSE PEOPLE BECAUSE
I DISAGREED WITH THEM.
JOE BIDEN, HE IS RUNNING
AGAINST.
THE IDEA THAT WE ARE IN A
SITUATION THAT WE ARE GOING TO
DESTROY MEDICARE, THIS IS THE
GUY WHO IF IN FACT HE CONTINUES
TO WITHHOLD THE TAX ON SOCIAL
SECURITY, SOCIAL SECURITY WILL
BE BANKRUPT BY 2023 WITH NO WAY
TO MAKE UP FOR IT.
THIS IS THE GUY WHO HAS TRIED TO
CUT MEDICARE.
THE IDEA THAT DONALD TRUMP IS
LECTURING ME ON SOCIAL SECURITY
AND MEDICARE?
COME ON.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: HE TRIED TO GET
RID OF — HE TRIED TO HURT
SOCIAL SECURITY YEARS AGO.
YEARS AGO.
GO BACK AND LOOK AT THE RECORDS.
HE TRIED TO HURT SOCIAL SECURITY
YEARS AGO.
>> LET'S MOVE ON.
MR. PRESIDENT, I HAVE TO MOVE
ONTO THE NEXT QUESTION.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: IF HE IS
ELECTED, THE STOCK MARKET WILL
CRASH.
>> RESPOND TO THAT VERY QUICKLY.
MR. BIDEN: WHERE I COME FROM IN
SCRANTON AND CLAREMONT, PEOPLE
DON'T LIVE OFF THE STOCK MARKET.
JUST IN THE LAST THREE YEARS
DURING THIS CRISIS, THE
BILLIONAIRES IN THIS COUNTRY
MADE, ACCORDING TO WALL STREET,
700 BILLION MORE DOLLARS BECAUSE
THAT'S HIS ONLY MEASURE.
WHAT HAPPENS TO THE ORDINARY
PEOPLE OUT THERE?
WHAT HAPPENS TO THEM?
PRESIDENT TRUMP: 401K'S OR
THROUGH THE ROOF.
HE DOES NOT COME FROM SCRANTON.
THAT'S, LIKE, ONE OF — HE LIVED
THERE FOR A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME
BEFORE HE EVEN KNEW IT —
>> LET ME MOVE ON TO MY NEXT
QUESTION.
AS OF TONIGHT, MORE THAN 12
MILLION PEOPLE ARE OUT OF WORK
AND AS OF TONIGHT, 8 MILLION
MORE AMERICANS HAVE FALLEN INTO
POVERTY AND MORE AMERICANS ARE
GOING HUNGRY EVERY DAY.
THOSE HIT MOST ARE WOMEN AND
PEOPLE OF COLOR.
THEY SEE WASHINGTON FIGHTING
OVER A RELIEF BILL.
MR. PRESIDENT, WHY HAVE YOU NOT
BEEN ABLE TO GET THEM THE HELP
THEY NEED?
30 SECONDS.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: BECAUSE NANCY
PELOSI DOES NOT WANT TO PROVE
IT.
I DO.
>> BUT YOU ARE PRESIDENT.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: I KNOW, BUT I
STILL HAVE TO GET APPROVAL.
THAT'S ONE REASON WHY I THINK WE
WILL TAKE OVER THE HOUSE BECAUSE
OF HER.
NANCY PELOSI DOES NOT WANT TO
APPROVE IT.
WE ARE READY, WILLING, AND ABLE
TO DO SOMETHING.
DON'T FORGET, WE HAVE ALREADY
APPROVED THREE PLANS.
THIS ONE SHE DOES NOT WANT, IT'S
NEAR THE ELECTION BECAUSE SHE
THINKS IT HELPS HER POLITICALLY.
I THINK IT HURTS HER
POLITICALLY.
>> MR. VICE PRESIDENT —
MR. BIDEN: THE REPUBLICAN LEADER
SAID HE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PASS
IT.
WHY IS HE NOT TALKING TO HIS
REPUBLICAN FRIENDS?
>> LET ME ASK VICE PRESIDENT
BIDEN A QUESTION.
YOU ARE THE LEADER OF THE
DEMOCRATIC PARTY.
WHY HAVE YOU NOT PUSHED THE
DEMOCRATS TO GET A DEAL FOR THE
AMERICAN PEOPLE?
MR. BIDEN: I HAVE, AND THEY HAVE
PUSHED IT.
THEY PASSED THIS ACT ALL THE WAY
THE BEGINNING OF THE SUMMER.
THIS HEROES ACT HAS BEEN SITTING
THERE.
WHEN I WAS IN CHARGE WITH THE
RECOVERY ACT, I WAS ABLE TO GET
ONE HUNDRED 45 BILLION DOLLARS
FOR LOCAL COMMUNITIES THAT HAVE
TO BALANCE THEIR BUDGET.
THE STATES HAVE TO BALANCE THEIR
BUDGET, SO THEY HAVE TO
FIREFIGHTERS — FIRE
FIREFIGHTERS, TEACHERS, LAW
ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS SO THEY CAN
KEEP THEIR CITIES AND COUNTIES
RUNNING.
HE WILL NOT SUPPORT THAT.
THEY HAVE NOT DONE A THING FOR
THEM.
MITCH MCCONNELL SAID LET THEM GO
BANKRUPT.
LET THEM GO BANKRUPT.
COME ON, WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH
THAT GUY?
PRESIDENT TRUMP: THE BILL THAT
PASSED THROUGH THE HOUSE WAS A
BAILOUT OF BADLY RUN, HIGH CRIME
, DEMOCRAT — ALL RUN BY
DEMOCRATS — CITIES AND STATES.
IT WAS A WAY OF GETTING A LOT OF
MONEY, BILLIONS AND BILLIONS OF
DOLLARS.
IT WAS ALSO A WAY OF GETTING A
LOT OF MONEY FROM OUR PEOPLE'S
POCKETS TO PEOPLE THAT COME INTO
OUR COUNTRY ILLEGALLY.
MR. BIDEN: [SIGHS]
PRESIDENT TRUMP: I WOULD LOVE TO
HELP THEM, BUT WHAT THAT DOES,
EVERYBODY ALL OVER THE WORLD
WILL START POURING INTO OUR
COUNTRY.
THIS IS SOMETHING THAT HAD
NOTHING TO DO WITH COVID, AS FOR
YOUR QUESTION, BUT IT WAS A BIG
ALLOW FOR BADLY RUN THEM A
CREDIT CITIES AND STATES.
>> I'M RUNNING AS A PROUD
DEMOCRAT.
I'M GOING TO BE AN AMERICAN
PRESIDENT.
I DON'T SEE RED STATES AND BLUE
STATES.
WHAT I SEE IS AMERICA, UNITED
DATES.
EVERY SINGLE STATE OUT THERE
FINDS THEMSELVES IN TROUBLE,
THEY WILL START RATING — LAYING
OFF, IF THEY ARE RED OR BLUE,
COPS, FIREFIGHTERS, FIRST
RESPONDERS.
THEY CUT TEACHERS BECAUSE THEY
HAVE TO BALANCE THEIR BUDGET,
AND THE FOUNDERS WERE SMART.
THEY ALLOWED THE FEDERAL
GOVERNMENT TO COMPENSATE FOR THE
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
>> OH WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE
MINIMUM WAGE.
WE ARE TALKING ABOUT STRUGGLING
SMALL BUSINESSES.
DO YOU THINK THIS IS THE RIGHT
TIME TO ASK THEM TO RAISE THE
MINIMUM WAGE?
MR. BIDEN: I DO BECAUSE ONE OF
THE THINGS WE ARE GOING TO HAVE
TO DO IS BAIL THEM OUT, TOO.
WE SHOULD BE BAILING THEM OUT,
NOW, THOSE SMALL BUSINESSES.
ONE IN SIX ARE GOING UNDER.
THEY ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE IT
BACK.
THEY PASSED A FEDERAL PACKAGE
THAT ALLOWS US TO BE ABLE TO
CALL PPP.
MONEY IS SUPPOSED TO HELP THEM
ORGANIZE EVERYTHING FROM HOW
THEY CAN ORGANIZE THEIR BUSINESS
IS TO BE OPENSMALLER, HOW THEY T
VENTILATION SYSTEMS IN.
THEY NEED THE HELP.
BUSINESSES AS WELL AS THE
SCHOOLS NEED THE HELP.
BUT THESE GUYS WILL NOT HELP
THEM.
THEY ARE NOT GIVING THEM ANY OF
THE MONEY.
KRISTEN: WE ARE GOING TO MOVE ON
TO IMMIGRATION.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: SMALL
BUSINESSES, BY RAISING THE
MINIMUM WAGE — THAT IS NOT
HELPING.
IT SHOULD BE A STATE OPTION.
ALABAMA IS DIFFERENT FROM NEW
YORK.
NEW YORK IS DIFFERENT FROM
VERMONT.
EVERY STATE IS DIFFERENT.
WE HAVE TO HELP OUR SMALL
BUSINESSES.
HOW ARE YOU HELPING SMALL
BUSINESSES WHEN YOU ARE FORCING
WAGES — WHAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO
HAPPEN IS WHEN YOU DO THAT, THE
SMALL BUSINESSES FIRE MANY OTHER
EMPLOYEES —
KRISTEN: WOULD YOU CONSIDER
RAISING THE FEDERAL MINIMUM
WAGE?
YOU SAID RECENTLY YOU WOULD
CONSIDER RAISING THE FEDERAL
MINIMUM WAGE.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: AND I WOULD
CONSIDER IT TO AN EXTENT.
IN A SECOND ADMINISTRATION.
BUT NOT TO A LEVEL THAT IS GOING
TO PUT ALL THESE BUSINESSES OUT
OF BUSINESS.
IT SHOULD BE A STATE OPTION.
DIFFERENT PLACES ARE ALL
DIFFERENT.
SOME PLACES, $15 IS NOT SO BAD.
IN OTHER PLACES, $15 —
KRISTEN: THANK YOU.
MR. BIDEN: TWO JOBS, ONE JOB,
BELOW POVERTY.
PEOPLE ARE MAKING SIX DOLLARS,
SEVEN DOLLARS AN HOUR.
THESE FIRST RESPONDERS, WE CLAP
AS THEY COME DOWN THE STREET
BECAUSE THEY ALLOWED US TO MAKE
IT.
WHAT IS HAPPENING?
THEY DESERVE A MINIMUM WAGE OF
$15.
ANYTHING BELOW THAT PUTS YOU
BELOW THE POVERTY LEVEL.
THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT WHEN
YOU RAISE THE MINIMUM WAGE,
BUSINESSES GO OUT OF BUSINESS.
KRISTEN: WE ARE GOING TO TALK
ABOUT IMMIGRATION NOW.
WE ARE GOING TO TALK ABOUT
FAMILIES.
MR. PRESIDENT, YOUR
ADMINISTRATION SEPARATED
CHILDREN FROM THEIR PARENTS AT
THE BORDER, AT LEAST 4000 KIDS.
YOU REVERSED YOUR ZERO-TOLERANCE
POLICY, BUT THE UNITED STATES
CAN'T LOCATE THE PARENTS OF MORE
THAN 500 CHILDREN.
HOW WILL THESE CHILDREN BE
REUNITED?
PRESIDENT TRUMP: THESE CHILDREN
ARE BROUGHT HERE BY COYOTES AND
LOTS OF BAD PEOPLE, CARTELS, AND
THEY USED TO USE THEM TO GET
INTO OUR COUNTRY.
WE NOW HAVE AS STRONG A BORDER
AS WE'VE EVER HAD.
OVER 400 MILES OF BRAND-NEW
WALL.
AND WE LET PEOPLE IN BUT THEY
HAVE TO COME IN LEGALLY.
KRISTEN: BUT HOW WILL YOU
REUNITE THESE KIDS WITH THEIR
FAMILIES?
PRESIDENT TRUMP: THE USED TO SAY
I BUILT THE CAGES AND THEN THEY
HAD A PICTURE IN A CERTAIN
NEWSPAPER AND IT WAS A PICTURE
OF THESE HORRIBLE CAGES AND THEY
SAID LOOK AT THESE CAGES —
PRESIDENT TRUMP BUILT THEM, AND
THEN IT WAS DETERMINED THEY WERE
BUILT IN 2014.
THAT WAS HIM.
KRISTEN: DO YOU HAVE A PLAN TO
REUNITE THE KIDS?
PRESIDENT TRUMP: WE ARE TRYING
VERY HARD BUT A LOT OF THESE
KIDS COME WITHOUT THE PARENTS.
THEY COME WITH CARTELS AND
COYOTES AND GANGS.
KRISTEN: QUICK RESPONSE AND THEN
ANOTHER QUESTION.
MR. BIDEN: THESE 500 PLUS KIDS
CAME WITH PARENTS.
THEY SEPARATED THEM AT THE
BORDER TO MAKE IT A DISINCENTIVE
TO COME TO BEGIN WITH.
AND GUESS WHAT, THEY CANNOT —
IT IS NOT COYOTES.
THEIR PARENTS WERE WITH THEM.
THEY GOT SEPARATED FROM THEIR
PARENTS.
AND IT MAKES US A LAUGHINGSTOCK
AND VIOLATES EVERY NOTION OF WHO
WE ARE AS A NATION.
KRISTEN: LET ME ASK —
PRESIDENT TRUMP: THEY DID IT.
WE CHANGE THE POLICY.
MR. BIDEN: WE DID NOT.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: TO THE CAGES?
MR. BIDEN: LET'S TALK ABOUT WHAT
WE ARE TALKING ABOUT.
WHAT HAPPENED?
PARENTS, THEIR KIDS WERE RIPPED
FROM THEIR ARMS AND SEPARATED
AND NOW THEY CANNOT FIND OVER
500 SETS OF THOSE PARENTS AND
THOSE KIDS ARE ALONE.
NOWHERE TO GO.
IT IS CRIMINAL.
IT IS CRIMINAL.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: THEY WENT DOWN,
WE BROUGHT REPORTERS, EVERYTHING
, THEY ARE SO WELL TAKEN CARE
OF.
THEY ARE IN FACILITIES THAT WERE
SO CLEAN.
KRISTEN: SOME OF THEM HAVEN'T
BEEN REUNITED WITH THEIR
PARENTS.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: WHO THE CAGES?
KRISTEN: LET ME ASK ABOUT YOUR
IMMIGRATION POLICY.
THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION DID
FAIL TO DELIVER IMMIGRATION
REFORM.
IT ALSO PRESIDED OVER RECORD
DEPORTATIONS AS WELL AS FAMILY
DETENTIONS AT THE BORDER BEFORE
CHANGING COURSE.
WHY SHOULD VOTERS TRUST YOU WITH
IMMIGRATION OVERHAUL NOW?
MR. BIDEN: WE MADE A MISTAKE.
IT TOOK TOO LONG TO GET IT
RIGHT.
I'LL BE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED
STATES, NOT VICE PRESIDENT.
I'VE MADE IT CLEAR, WITHIN 100
DAYS, I'M GOING TO SEND THE
CONGRESS A PATHWAY TO
CITIZENSHIP FOR OVER 11 MILLION
UNDOCUMENTED PEOPLE.
AND ALL THOSE SO-CALLED
DREAMERS, THOSE DACA KIDS, THEY
ARE GOING TO BE CERTIFIED AGAIN
TO STAY IN THIS COUNTRY AND PUT
ON A PATH TO CITIZENSHIP.
THE IDEA THAT THEY ARE BEING
SENT HOME BY THIS GUY, THEY ARE
GOING TO A COUNTRY THEY'VE NEVER
SEEN BEFORE.
YOU ARE FIVE YEARS OLD, YOUR
PARENTS ARE TAKING YOU ACROSS
THE RIO GRANDE RIVER, AND IT IS
ILLEGAL.
THEY'VE BEEN HERE.
MANY OF THEM ARE MODEL CITIZENS.
OVER 20,000 OF THEM ARE FIRST
RESPONDERS, TAKING CARE OF
PEOPLE DURING THIS CRISIS.
WE OWE THEM.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: HE HAD EIGHT
YEARS TO DO WHAT HE SAID HE WAS
GOING TO DO.
AND I'VE CHANGED — WITHOUT
HAVING A SPECIFIC — WE GOT RID
OF CATCH AND RELEASE.
WE GOT RID OF A LOT OF HORRIBLE
THINGS THAT THEY PUT IN AND THEY
LIVED WITH.
BUT HE HAD EIGHT YEARS HE WAS
VICE PRESIDENT.
HE DID NOTHING EXCEPT BUILD
CAGES TO KEEP CHILDREN IN.
KRISTEN: VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN.
MR. BIDEN: CATCH AND RELEASE,
YOU KNOW WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT
THERE?
IF YOU HAD A FAMILY THAT CAME
ACROSS AND THEY WERE ARRESTED,
THEY WERE GIVEN A DATE TO SHOW
UP FOR THEIR HEARING AND WERE
RELEASED, AND THEY SHOWED UP FOR
A HEARING.
THIS IS THE FIRST PRESIDENT IN
THE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES
THAT ANYBODY SEEKING ASYLUM HAS
TO DO IT IN ANOTHER COUNTRY.
THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE
IN AMERICA.
YOU COME TO THE UNITED STATES
AND YOU MAKE YOUR CASE.
I SEEK ASYLUM BASED ON THE
FOLLOWING PREMISE, WHY I DESERVE
IT UNDER AMERICAN LAW.
THEY ARE SITTING IN SQUALOR ON
THE OTHER SIDE OF THE RIVER.
KRISTEN: PRESIDENT TRUMP.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: IT JUST SHOWS
THAT HE HAS NO UNDERSTANDING OF
IMMIGRATION.
CATCH AND RELEASE IS A DISASTER.
A MURDERER WOULD COME IN.
A RAPIST WOULD COME IN.
A VERY BAD PERSON WOULD COME IN.
WE WOULD TAKE THEIR NAME.
WE HAVE TO RELEASE THEM INTO OUR
COUNTRY AND THEN YOU SAY THEY
COME BACK.
LESS THAN 1% OF THE PEOPLE COME
BACK.
WE HAVE TO SEND ICE OUT AND
BORDER PATROL OUT TO FIND THEM.
WE WOULD SAY COME BACK INTO
YEARS, THREE YEARS, WE ARE GOING
TO GIVE YOU A COURT CASE.
WHEN YOU SAY THEY COME BACK,
THEY DON'T COME BACK.
THEY NEVER COME BACK.
ONLY THE REALLY — I HATE TO SAY
THIS, BUT THOSE WITH THE LOWEST
IQ, THEY MIGHT COME BACK.
KRISTEN: LET'S GIVE VICE
PRESIDENT BIDEN A CHANCE TO
RESPOND.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: YOU DON'T KNOW
THE LAW, JOE.
MR. BIDEN: WHAT HE'S TELLING YOU
IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: CHECK IT OUT,
THEY DON'T COME BACK.
THEY TERMINATED IT SO WE DON'T
HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT.
MR. BIDEN: WE HAVE 520 KIDS NOT
KNOWING WHERE THEY'RE GOING TO
BE AND LOST THEIR PARENTS.
KRISTEN: LET'S TALK ABOUT OUR
NEXT SECTION WHICH IS RACE IN
AMERICA.
I WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE WAY
BLACK AND BROWN AMERICANS
EXPERIENCE RACE IN THIS COUNTRY.
PART OF THAT EXPERIENCE IS
SOMETHING CALLED THE TALK.
IT HAPPENS REGARDLESS OF CLASS
AND INCOME.
PARENTS FEEL THEY HAVE NO CHOICE
BUT TO PREPARE THEIR CHILDREN
FOR THE CHANCE THEY COULD BE
TARGETED INCLUDING BY THE POLICE
FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN THE
COLOR OF THEIR SKIN.
MR. VICE PRESIDENT, I WANT YOU
TO SPEAK DIRECTLY TO THESE
FAMILIES.
DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHY THESE
PARENTS FEAR FOR THEIR CHILDREN?
MR. BIDEN: I DO.
MY DAUGHTER IS A SOCIAL WORKER.
SHE'S WRITTEN A LOT ABOUT THIS.
SHE GETS HER GRADUATE DEGREE
FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF
PENNSYLVANIA.
ONE OF THE REASONS WHY I ENDED
UP WORKING ON THE EAST SIDE OF
WILMINGTON, DELAWARE, WAS TO
LEARN MORE ABOUT WHAT WAS GOING
ON.
I NEVER HAD TO TELL MY DAUGHTER,
IF SHE'S PULLED OVER, MAKE SURE
SHE PUTS BOTH HANDS ON TOP OF
THE WHEEL AND DON'T REACH FOR
THE GLOVE BOX, BECAUSE SOMEONE
MAY SHOOT YOU.
BUT A BLACK PARENT, NO MATTER
HOW WEALTHY OR HOW POOR THEY ARE
, HAS TO TEACH THEIR CHILD, WHEN
YOU ARE WALKING DOWN THE STREET,
DON'T HAVE A HOOD ON, MAKE SURE
THAT IF YOU GET PULLED OVER, YES
SIR, NO SIR, HANDS ON TOP OF THE
WHEEL, BECAUSE YOU ARE THE
VICTIM WHETHER YOU ARE A PERSON
MAKING $300,000 A YEAR OR
SOMEONE WHO IS ON FOOD STAMPS.
THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS, THERE
IS INSTITUTIONAL RACISM IN
AMERICA AND WE HAVE ALWAYS SAID
THAT WE HOLD THESE TRUTHS TO BE
SELF-EVIDENT, ALL MEN AND WOMEN
ARE CREATED EQUAL.
WE HAVE NEVER LIVED UP TO IT,
BUT WE'VE CONSTANTLY BEEN MOVING
THE NEEDLE FURTHER AND FURTHER
TO INCLUSION, NOT EXCLUSION.
THIS IS THE FIRST PRESIDENT THAT
SAYS THAT IS THE END OF THAT.
WE HAVE TO PROVIDE FOR ECONOMIC
OPPORTUNITY, BETTER EDUCATION,
BETTER HEALTH CARE, BETTER
ACCESS TO SCHOOLING, BETTER
ACCESS TO OPPORTUNITIES TO START
BUSINESSES.
ALL THE THINGS WE CAN DO, AND
I'VE LAID OUT A CLEAR PLAN TO DO
THOSE THINGS, JUST TO GIVE
PEOPLE A SHOT.
IT IS ABOUT THE ABILITY TO HAVE
WEALTH AS WELL AS TO BE FREE
FROM VIOLENCE.
KRISTEN: PRESIDENT TRUMP, SAME
QUESTION.
LET ME REMIND YOU THE
QUESTION.
DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHY THESE
PARENTS FEAR FOR THEIR CHILDREN?
PRESIDENT TRUMP: YES I DO.
AGAIN, HE'S BEEN IN GOVERNMENT
47 YEARS.
HE NEVER DID A THING EXCEPT IN
1994 WHEN HE DID SUCH HARM TO
THE BLACK COMMUNITY, AND HE
CALLED THEM SUPER PREDATORS, AND
HE SAID IT, SUPER PREDATORS, AND
THEY HAVE NEVER LIVED THAT DOWN.
1994, YOUR CRIME BILL, THE SUPER
PREDATORS.
NOBODY HAS DONE MORE FOR THE
BLACK COMMUNITY THAN DONALD
TRUMP.
IF YOU LOOK, WITH THE EXCEPTION
OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN, POSSIBLE
EXCEPTION, NOBODY HAS DONE WHAT
I'VE DONE.
CRIMINAL JUSTICE REFORM, OBAMA
AND JOE DIDN'T DO IT.
I DON'T EVEN THINK THEY TRIED.
THEY MIGHT HAVE WANTED TO DO IT,
BUT IF YOU HAD TO SEE THE ARMS I
HAD TO TWIST TO GET THAT DONE,
IT WAS NOT A PRETTY PICTURE, AND
EVERYBODY KNOWS IT, INCLUDING
SOME VERY LIBERAL PEOPLE THAT
CRIED IN MY OFFICE — TWO WEEKS
LATER THEY ARE OUT SAYING, WE
HAVE TO DEFEAT HIM.
CRIMINAL JUSTICE REFORM, PRISON
REFORM, TIM SCOTT, A GREAT
SENATOR FROM SOUTH CAROLINA, HE
CAME IN WITH THIS INCREDIBLE
IDEA.
ONE OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL
PROGRAMS.
PEOPLE DON'T TALK ABOUT IT.
BIGGEST BENEFICIARY, THE BLACK
AND HISPANIC COMMUNITIES.
AND THEN HISTORICALLY BLACK
COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES.
AFTER THREE YEARS OF COMING TO
THE OFFICE — I LOVE SOME OF
THOSE GUYS — THEY CAME TO THE
OFFICE AND I SAID, WHAT ARE YOU
DOING, WHY DO YOU KEEP COMING
BACK — BECAUSE WE HAVE NO
FUNDING — YOU DON'T HAVE TO
COME BACK EVERY YEAR — WE HAVE
TO COME BACK.
BECAUSE PRESIDENT OBAMA WOULD
NEVER GIVE THEM LONG-TERM
FUNDING AND I DID.
AND I GAVE THEM MORE MONEY THAN
THEY ASKED FOR.
BECAUSE I SAID I THINK YOU NEED
MORE AND I SAID THE ONLY BAD
PART IS I MAY NEVER SEE YOU
AGAIN BECAUSE I GOT VERY
FRIENDLY WITH THEM AND THEY LIKE
ME AND I LIKE THEM —
KRISTEN: WE ARE GOING TO TALK
ABOUT BOTH OF YOUR RECORDS, BUT
YOUR RESPONSE TO THAT?
MR. BIDEN: I NEVER SAID — WHAT
HE ACCUSED ME OF SAYING.
IN 2000, AFTER THE CRIME BILL
HAD BEEN IN THE LAW FOR A WHILE,
THIS IS A GUY WHO SAID THE
PROBLEM WITH THE CRIME BILL IS
THERE'S NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE IN
JAIL.
AND GO ON MY WEBSITE.
GET THE QUOTE, THE DATE WHEN HE
SAID IT.
HE TALKED ABOUT MARAUDING GANGS.
PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING TO
MARAUDING OUR CITIES.
THIS IS A GUY, WHETHER CENTRAL
PARK FIVE, FIVE INNOCENT BLACK
KIDS, HE PUSHED FOR MAKING SURE
THEY GOT THE DEATH PENALTY.
NONE OF THEM WERE GUILTY OF THE
CRIMES THAT WERE SUGGESTED.
AND GRANTED, HE DID IN FACT, HE
COMMUTED 20 PEOPLE SENTENCES.
WE COMMUTED OVER 1000 PEOPLES
SENTENCES.
THE VERY LAW HE'S TALKING ABOUT
IS A LAW INITIATED BY BARACK
OBAMA.
AND WE ARE IN A SITUATION HERE,
THE FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM IS
REDUCED BY 38 THOUSAND PEOPLE
UNDER OUR ADMINISTRATION.
THERE SHOULD BE NO MINIMUM
MANDATORY'S IN THE LAW.
THAT IS WHY I'M OFFERING $20
MILLION TO STATES TO CHANGE
THEIR STATE LAWS.
NO ONE SHOULD BE GOING TO JAIL
BECAUSE THEY HAVE A DRUG
PROBLEM.
THEY SHOULD BE GOING TO
REHABILITATION, NOT JAIL.
WE SHOULD FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGE
THE SYSTEM AND THAT IS WHAT I'M
GOING TO DO.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: WHY DIDN'T HE
DO IT FOUR YEARS AGO?
EVEN LESS THAN THAT?
YOU WERE VICE PRESIDENT.
YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT ALL THESE
THINGS YOU ARE GOING TO DO, BUT
YOU WERE THERE, AND YOU GUYS DID
NOTHING.
I RAN BECAUSE OF YOU.
I RAN BECAUSE OF BARACK OBAMA.
IF I THOUGHT YOU DID A GOOD JOB,
I WOULD HAVE NEVER RUN.
I'M LOOKING AT YOU NOW.
YOU ARE A POLITICIAN.
KRISTEN: VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN,
YOUR RESPONSE TO THAT.
MR. BIDEN: TELL YOU WHAT, I HOPE
HE DOES LOOK AT ME BECAUSE WHAT
IS HAPPENING HERE IS, YOU KNOW
WHO I AM, YOU KNOW WHO HE IS,
YOU KNOW HIS CHARACTER, YOU KNOW
MY CHARACTER.
YOU KNOW OUR REPUTATIONS FOR
HONOR AND TELLING THE TRUTH.
I'M ANXIOUS TO HAVE THIS RACE.
I'M — CHARACTER OF THE COUNTRY
IS ON THE BALLOT.
LOOK AT US CLOSELY.
KRISTEN: PLEASE RESPOND AND THEN

PRESIDENT TRUMP: RUSSIA,
UKRAINE, CHINA, IRAQ — IF THIS
IS TRUE, THEN HE'S A CORRUPT
POLITICIAN.
SO DON'T GIVE ME THE STUFF ABOUT
HOW YOU ARE THIS INNOCENT BABY.
THEY ARE CALLING YOU A CORRUPT
POLITICIAN.
KRISTEN: I WANT TO STAY ON THE
ISSUE OF RACE.
PRESIDENT TRUMP, WE ARE TALKING
ABOUT RACE RIGHT NOW AND I WANT
TO STAY ON THE ISSUE OF RACE.
MR. BIDEN: I HAVE TO RESPOND TO
THAT.
THERE ARE 50 FORMER NATIONAL
INTELLIGENCE FOLKS WHO SAID THAT
WHAT HE'S ACCUSING ME OF IS A
RUSSIAN PLAN.
THEY HAVE SAID THIS HAS ALL THE
CHARACTERISTICS — FIVE FORMER
HEADS OF THE CIA, BOTH PARTIES,
SAY WHAT HE'S SAYING IS A BUNCH
OF GARBAGE.
NOBODY BELIEVES IT EXCEPT HIM
AND HIS GOOD FRIEND RUDY
GIULIANI.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: YOU MEAN THE
LAPTOP IS NOW ANOTHER RUSSIA
RUSSIA RUSSIA HOAX?
THIS IS WHERE HE'S GOING.
THE LAPTOP IS RUSSIA?
KRISTEN: I WANT TO STAY ON THE
ISSUE OF RACE.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: YOU HAVE TO BE
KIDDING.
HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH RUSSIA.
KRISTEN: WE ARE GOING TO
CONTINUE ON THE ISSUE OF RACE.
YOU DESCRIBE THE BLACK LIVES
MATTER MOVEMENT AS A SYMBOL OF
HATE.
YOU SHARED A VIDEO OF A MAN
CHANTING WHITE POWER.
YOU SAID BLACK ATHLETES
EXERCISING THEIR FIRST AMENDMENT
RIGHTS SHOULD BE FIRED.
WHAT DO YOU SAY TO AMERICANS WHO
SAY THAT IS CONTRIBUTING TO HATE
AND RACIAL STRIFE?
PRESIDENT TRUMP: THE FIRST TIME
I EVER HEARD OF BLACK LIVES
MATTER, THEY WERE CHANTING PIGS
IN A BLANKET, TALKING ABOUT
POLICE.
PIGS IN A BLANKET, FRY THEM LIKE
BACON.
I SAID THAT IS A HORRIBLE THING.
AND THEY WERE MARCHING DOWN THE
STREET.
AND THAT WAS MY FIRST GLIMPSE OF
THE BLACK LIVES MATTER.
I THOUGHT IT WAS A TERRIBLE
THING.
AS FAR AS MY RELATIONSHIPS WITH
ALL PEOPLE, I THINK I HAVE GREAT
RELATIONSHIPS WITH ALL PEOPLE.
I AM THE LEAST RACIST PERSON IN
THIS ROOM.
KRISTEN: WHAT DO YOU SAY TO
AMERICANS CONCERNED ABOUT THAT
RHETORIC?
PRESIDENT TRUMP: I GOT CRIMINAL
JUSTICE REFORM AND PRISON REFORM
AND OPPORTUNITY ZONES.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY.
THEY CAN SAY ANYTHING.
THEY CAN SAY ANYTHING.
IT MAKES ME SAD BECAUSE I AM THE
LEAST RACIST PERSON.
I CAN'T EVEN SEE THE AUDIENCE
BECAUSE IT IS SO DARK, BUT I
DON'T CARE WHO IS IN THE
AUDIENCE.
I'M THE LEAST RACIST PERSON IN
THIS ROOM.
KRISTEN: VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN.
MR. BIDEN: ABRAHAM LINCOLN HERE
IS ONE OF THE MOST RACIST
PRESIDENTS WE'VE HAD IN MODERN
HISTORY.
HE POURS FUEL ON EVERY SINGLE
RACIST FIRE.
STARTED OFF HIS CAMPAIGN COMING
DOWN THE ESCALATOR SAYING HE'S
GOING TO GET RID OF THOSE
MEXICAN RAPISTS.
HE'S BANNED MUSLIMS BECAUSE THEY
ARE MUSLIMS.
HE'S MADE EVERYTHING WORSE
ACROSS THE BOARD.
HE SAYS ABOUT THE POOR BOYS,
LAST TIME WE WERE ON STAGE,
STAND DOWN AND STAND READY.
COME ON.
THIS GUY IS A DOG WHISTLE ABOUT
AS BIG AS A FOGHORN.
KRISTEN: PRESIDENT TRUMP, 10
SECONDS TO RESPOND.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: HE MADE A
REFERENCE TO ABRAHAM LINCOLN.
WHERE DID THAT COME IN?
MR. BIDEN: YOU SAID ABRAHAM
LINCOLN.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: I SAID NOT
SINCE ABRAHAM LINCOLN HAS
ANYBODY DONE WHAT I'VE DONE FOR
THE BLACK COMMUNITY.
I DIDN'T SAY I'M ABRAHAM
LINCOLN.
I SAID NOT SINCE ABRAHAM LINCOLN
HAS ANYBODY DONE WHAT I'VE DONE
FOR THE BLACK COMMUNITY.
YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING OTHER THAN
THE CRIME BILL WHICH PUT TENS OF
THOUSANDS OF BLACK MEN, MOSTLY,
IN JAIL.
KRISTEN: ALL RIGHT.
[CROSSTALK]
PRESIDENT TRUMP: IF YOU LOOK AT
WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE
VOTING —
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT IS HAPPENING
OUT THERE.
KRISTEN: LET ME GIVE YOU A
CHANCE TO RESPOND WITHIN THIS
CONTEXT.
THE CRIME BILLS YOU SUPPORTED
CONTRIBUTED TO THE INCARCERATION
OF TENS OF THOUSANDS OF YOUNG
BLACK MEN WHO HAD SMALL AMOUNTS
OF DRUGS IN THEIR POSSESSION.
FAMILIES ARE STILL TO THIS DAY
SUFFERING THE CONSEQUENCES.
SPEAK TO THOSE FAMILIES.
WHY SHOULD THEY VOTE FOR YOU?
MR. BIDEN: IN THE 80'S, WE
PASSED 100%, ALL SENATORS VOTED
FOR IT, A BILL ON DRUGS AND HOW
TO DEAL WITH DRUGS.
IT WAS A MISTAKE.
I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CHANGE
PARTICULARLY THE PORTION ON
COCAINE.
THAT IS WHY I'VE BEEN ARGUING
THAT WE SHOULD NOT SEND ANYONE
TO JAIL FOR A PURE DRUG OFFENSE.
THEY SHOULD BE GOING INTO
TREATMENT.
ACROSS-THE-BOARD, THAT IS WHERE
WE SHOULD BE SPENDING MONEY.
THAT IS WHY I SET UP DRUG COURTS
WHICH WERE NEVER FUNDED BY
REPUBLICANS.
THEY SHOULD NOT BE GOING TO JAIL
FOR A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM.
THEY SHOULD BE GOING INTO
TREATMENT.
THAT IS WHAT I'M GOING TO GET
DONE.
THE AMERICAN PEOPLE HAVE SEEN
THAT IT WAS A MISTAKE TO PASS
THOSE LAWS.
BUT THEY WERE NOT IN THE CRIME
BILL.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: BUT WHY DIDN'T
HE GET IT DONE?
ALL TALK, NO ACTION.
THAT IS WHAT I'M GOING TO DO
WHEN I BECOME PRESIDENT.
YOU WERE VICE PRESIDENT ALONG
WITH OBAMA, YOUR LEADER, FOR
EIGHT YEARS.
WHY DIDN'T YOU GET IT DONE?
NOW YOU ARE SAYING YOU ARE GOING
TO GET IT DONE BECAUSE YOU ARE
ALL TALK AND NO ACTION.
MR. BIDEN: WE GOT A LOT OF IT
DONE.
WE GOT 38,000 PRISONERS LESS,
38,000 PRISONERS RELEASED FROM
FEDERAL PRISON.
OVER 1000 PEOPLE GIVEN CLEMENCY.
WE ARE THE ONES THAT PUT IN THE
LEGISLATION SAYING WE CAN LOOK
AT PATTERN AND PRACTICE OF
POLICE DEPARTMENTS AND HOW THEY
ARE CONDUCTING THEMSELVES.
I COULD GO ON.
BUT WE BEGAN THE PROCESS.
WE LOST AN ELECTION.
THAT IS WHY I'M RUNNING, TO WIN
BACK THAT ELECTION AND CHANGE
HIS TERRIBLE POLICIES.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: WHY DIDN'T YOU
DO IT IN THE EIGHT YEARS, A
SHORT TIME AGO — YOU JUST SAID,
I'M GOING TO DO THAT, I'M GOING
TO DO THIS — YOU PUT TENS OF
THOUSANDS OF MOSTLY BLACK YOUNG
MEN IN PRISON, NOW YOU ARE GOING
TO SAY YOU ARE GOING TO UNDO
THAT.
YOU HAD EIGHT YEARS WITH OBAMA.
YOU ARE ALL TALK AND NO ACTION.
KRISTEN: VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN
AND THEN WE ARE GOING TO MOVE
ON.
MR. BIDEN: WE HAD A REPUBLICAN
CONGRESS.
THAT IS YOUR ANSWER.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: YOU'VE GOT TO
TALK THEM INTO IT, JOE.
KRISTEN: WE ARE GOING TO MOVE
ONTO TO OUR NEXT SECTION.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: LIKE I DID WITH
CRIMINAL JUSTICE REFORM.
KRISTEN: GENTLEMEN, WE'VE GOT TO
GET ON TO CLIMATE CHANGE.
YOU BOTH HAVE VERY DIFFERENT
VISIONS ON CLIMATE CHANGE.
PRESIDENT TRUMP, YOU SAY
ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATIONS HAVE
HURT JOBS.
VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN, YOU SAID
YOU SEE ADDRESSING CLIMATE
CHANGE AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO
CREATE NEW JOBS.
HOW WOULD YOU COMBAT CLIMATE
CHANGE AND SUPPORT JOB GROWTH,
STARTING WITH YOU, PRESIDENT
TRUMP?
PRESIDENT TRUMP: SO WE HAVE THE
CLEAN TREES PROGRAM, WE HAVE SO
MANY DIFFERENT PROGRAMS, I DO
LOVE THE ENVIRONMENT, BUT WHAT I
WANT IS THE CLEANEST WATER, THE
CLEANEST AIR.
WE HAVE THE BEST, LOWEST NUMBER
IN CARBON EMISSIONS, WHICH IS A
BIG STANDARD THAT I NOTICED
OBAMA GOES WITH ALL THE TIME.
NOT JOE.
I'M NOT SURE HE KNOWS WHAT IT
REPRESENTS OR MEANS.
AND WE HAVE THE BEST CARBON
EMISSION NUMBERS THAT WE'VE HAD
IN 35 YEARS UNDER THIS
ADMINISTRATION.
WE ARE WORKING SO WELL WITH
INDUSTRY BUT HERE'S WHAT WE
CAN'T DO.
LOOK AT CHINA, HOW FILTHY IT IS.
LOOK AT RUSSIA.
LOOK AT INDIA.
IT IS FILTHY.
THE AIR IS FILTHY.
THE PARIS ACCORD, I TOOK US OUT
BECAUSE WE WERE GOING TO HAVE TO
SPEND TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND
WE WERE TREATED VERY UNFAIRLY.
THEY WERE GOING TO TAKE AWAY OUR
BUSINESSES.
I WILL NOT SACRIFICE TENS OF
MILLIONS OF JOBS, THOUSANDS AND
THOUSANDS OF COMPANIES, BECAUSE
OF THE PARIS ACCORD.
IT WAS SO UNFAIR.
CHINA DOESN'T KICK IN UNTIL
2030.
RUSSIA GOES BACK TO A LOW
STANDARD.
WE KICKED IN RIGHT AWAY.
IT WOULD HAVE DESTROYED OUR
BUSINESSES.
WE HAVE DONE AN INCREDIBLE JOB.
WE HAVE THE CLEANEST AIR, THE
CLEANEST WATER, THE BEST CARBON
EMISSION STANDARDS IN MANY
YEARS.
KRISTEN: VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN.
TWO MINUTES UNINTERRUPTED.
MR. BIDEN: CLIMATE CHANGE AND
CLIMATE WARMING, GLOBAL WARMING,
IS AN EXISTENTIAL THREAT TO
HUMANITY.
WE HAVE A MORAL OBLIGATION TO
DEAL WITH IT.
AND WE ARE TOLD BY ALL THE
LEADING SCIENTISTS IN THE WORLD,
WE DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME.
WE ARE GOING TO PASS THE POINT
OF NO RETURN IN EIGHT TO 10
YEARS.
FOUR MORE YEARS OF THIS MAN
ELIMINATING ALL THE REGULATIONS
THAT WERE PUT IN BY US TO CLEAN
UP THE CLIMATE, TO LIMIT
EMISSIONS, WILL PUT US IN A
POSITION WHERE WE ARE IN REAL
TROUBLE.
WE HAVE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY.
I WAS ABLE TO GET THE
ENVIRONMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS AS
WELL AS LABOR, PEOPLE WORRIED
ABOUT JOBS, TO SUPPORT MY
CLIMATE PLAN.
IT WILL CREATE MILLIONS OF NEW
GOOD PAYING JOBS.
WE ARE GOING TO INVEST.
500,000 — EXCUSE ME, 50,000
CHARGING STATIONS ON OUR
HIGHWAYS SO WE CAN OWN THE
ELECTRIC CAR MARKET IN THE
FUTURE.
IN THE MEANTIME CHINA IS DOING
THAT.
WE ARE GOING TO TAKE 4 MILLION
EXISTING BUILDINGS AND 2 MILLION
EXISTING HOMES AND RETROFIT THEM
SO THEY DON'T LEAK AS MUCH
ENERGY.
AND BY THE WAY, THE WHOLE IDEA
OF WHAT THIS IS ALL GOING TO DO,
IT IS GOING TO CREATE MILLIONS
OF JOBS AND CLEAN THE
ENVIRONMENT.
HEALTH AND JOBS ARE AT STAKE.
RIGHT NOW, WALL STREET FIRMS
INDICATED THAT MY PLAN WILL IN
FACT CREATE 18.6 MILLION JOBS, 7
MILLION MORE THAN HIS.
THIS IS FROM WALL STREET.
AND I'LL CREATE ONE TRILLION
MORE IN ECONOMIC GROWTH THAN HIS
PROPOSAL.
NOT ON CLIMATE, JUST THE
ECONOMY.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: CAME OUT AND
SAID VERY STRONGLY, $6,500 WILL
BE TAKEN AWAY FROM FAMILIES
UNDER HIS PLAN, THAT HIS PLAN IS
ECONOMIC DISASTER.
IF YOU LOOK AT WHAT HE WANTS TO
DO — YOU KNOW WHO DEVELOPED IT?
AOC PLUS THREE.
THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE
CLIMATE.
SHE'S GOT A GOOD LINE OF STUFF
BUT SHE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT THE
CLIMATE.
AND THEY ARE ALL HOPPING THROUGH
HOOPS FOR AOC PLUS THREE.
A REAL PLAN COSTS $100 TRILLION.
IF WE HAD THE BEST YEAR IN THE
HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY FOR 100
YEARS WE WOULD NOT EVEN COME
CLOSE TO A NUMBER LIKE THAT.
THEY WANT TO TAKE BUILDINGS DOWN
TO MAKE BIGGER WINDOWS INTO
SMALLER WINDOWS.
AS FAR AS THEY ARE CONCERNED, IF
YOU HAD NO WINDOW, IT WOULD BE A
LOVELY THING.
THIS IS THE CRAZIEST PLAN.
THIS WASN'T DONE BY SMART
PEOPLE.
THIS WASN'T DONE BY ANYBODY,
FRANKLY.
THEY WANT TO SPEND $100
TRILLION.
THAT IS THEIR REAL NUMBER.
$100 TRILLION.
THEY WANT TO KNOCK DOWN
BUILDINGS AND BUILD NEW
BUILDINGS WITH TINY SMALL
WINDOWS AND MANY OTHER THINGS.
KRISTEN: LET ME ASK THE VICE
PRESIDENT TO RESPOND.
WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME.
I HAVE A NUMBER OF MORE
QUESTIONS.
MR. BIDEN: I DON'T KNOW WHERE HE
COMES UP WITH THESE NUMBERS.
$100 TRILLION — GIVE ME A
BREAK.
THIS PLAN IS ENDORSED BY EVERY
MAJOR ENVIRONMENTAL GROUP AND
EVERY LABOR GROUP, LABOR,
BECAUSE THEY KNOW THE FUTURE
LIES IN US BEING ABLE TO BREATHE
AND THEY KNOW THERE ARE GOOD
JOBS IN GETTING US THERE.
THE FASTEST GROWING INDUSTRY IN
AMERICA IS THE ELECTRIC —
EXCUSE ME, SOLAR ENERGY AND
WIND.
HE THINKS WIND CAUSES CANCER,
WINDMILLS.
THE FASTEST GROWING JOBS AND
THEY PAY GOOD PREVAILING WAGES.
$45, $50 AN HOUR.
WE CAN GROW AND WE CAN BE
CLEANER.
KRISTEN: PRESIDENT TRUMP.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: WE ARE ENERGY
INDEPENDENT FOR THE FIRST TIME.
WE DON'T NEED ALL THESE
COUNTRIES THAT WE HAD TO FIGHT
WAR OVER.
WE ARE ENERGY INDEPENDENT.
I KNOW MORE ABOUT WIND THAN YOU
DO.
IT IS EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE, KILLS
ALL THE BIRDS, VERY
INTERMITTENT, GOT A LOT OF
PROBLEMS, AND THEY HAPPEN TO
MAKE THE WINDMILLS IN GERMANY
AND CHINA.
AND THE FUMES COMING UP TO MAKE
THESE MASSIVE WINDMILLS IS MORE
THAN ANYTHING THAT WE ARE
TALKING ABOUT WITH NATURAL GAS.
MR. BIDEN: FIND ME A SCIENTIST
WHO SAYS THAT.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: I LOVE SOLAR
BUT SOLAR DOESN'T HAVE IT YET.
IT IS NOT POWERFUL YET TO REALLY
RUN OUR BIG, BEAUTIFUL FACTORIES
THAT WE NEED TO COMPETE WITH THE
WORLD.
MR. BIDEN: FALSE.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: IT IS ALL A
PIPE DREAM BUT WE ARE GOING TO
HAVE THE GREATEST ECONOMY IN THE
WORLD, BUT IF YOU WANT TO GET
RID OF — WHAT ABOUT FRACKING?
KRISTEN: LET ME ALLOW THE VICE
PRESIDENT TO RESPOND.
MR. BIDEN: I NEVER SAID I OPPOSE
FRACKING.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: YOU SAID IT ON
TAPE.
MR. BIDEN: SUGAR TAKE.
PUT IT ON YOUR WEBSITE.
THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS, HE'S
FLATLINING.
KRISTEN: WOULD YOU RULE OUT
BANNING FRACKING?
MR. BIDEN:
MR. BIDEN: I DO RULE OUT BANNING
FRACKING BECAUSE WE NEED OTHER
INDUSTRIES TO ULTIMATELY GET TO
COMPLETE ZERO OMISSIONS BY 2025.
WHAT I WILL DO WITH FRACKING
OVER TIME IS MAKE SURE WE CAN
CAPTURE THE EMISSIONS FROM
FRACKING, CAPTURE THE EMISSIONS
FROM GAS.
WE CAN DO THAT BY INVESTING
MONEY, BUT IT IS A TRANSITION TO
THAT.
KRISTEN: I HAVE ONE MORE
QUESTION.
PRES. TRUMP: EXCUSE ME — HE WAS
AGAINST FRACKING.
HE SAID IT.
I WILL SHOW IT TO YOU TOMORROW.
UNTIL HE GOT THE NOMINATION,
WENT TO PENNSYLVANIA.
PENNSYLVANIA, HE WILL BE AGAINST
IT VERY SOON.
MR. BIDEN: FRACKING ON FEDERAL
LAND, I SAID.
KRISTEN: LET ME ASK THIS FINAL
QUESTION IN THIS SECTION.
PRESIDENT TRUMP, PEOPLE OF COLOR
ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO LIVE
NEAR OIL REFINERIES AND CHEMICAL
PLANTS.
IN TEXAS, THERE ARE FAMILIES WHO
WORRY THE PLANTS NEAR THEM ARE
MAKING THEM SICK.
YOUR ADMINISTRATION ROLLED BACK
REGULATIONS ON THESE FACILITIES.
WHY SHOULD THESE FAMILIES GIVE
YOU ANOTHER FOUR YEARS IN
OFFICE?
PRES. TRUMP: THE FAMILIES WE ARE
TALKING ABOUT ARE EMPLOYED
HEAVILY AND ARE MAKING MORE
MONEY THAN THEY HAVE EVER MADE.
IF YOU LOOK AT THE NUMBERS WE
PRODUCED FOR HISPANIC OR BLACK
OR ASIAN, IT IS NINE TIMES
GREATER THE PERCENTAGE GAINED
IN THREE YEARS THAN IT WAS UNDER
EIGHT YEARS OF THE TWO OF THEM,
TO PUT IT NICELY.
NINE TIMES MORE.
I HAVE NOT HEARD THE NUMBERS OR
THE STATISTICS YOU ARE SAYING,
BUT THEY ARE MAKING A TREMENDOUS
AMOUNT OF MONEY ECONOMICALLY.
I SAVED IT AGAIN A NUMBER OF
MONTHS AGO WHEN OIL WAS CRASHING
BECAUSE OF THE PANDEMIC.
SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT THE
RELATIONSHIP, WE GOT SAUDI
ARABIA, MEXICO AND RUSSIA TO CUT
WAY BACK.
WE SAVED OUR OIL INDUSTRY AND
NOW IT IS VERY VIBRANT.
EVERYONE HAS VERY INEXPENSIVE
GASOLINE.
REMEMBER THAT.
KRISTEN: YOUR RESPONSE?
MR. BIDEN: MY RESPONSE IS THOSE
PEOPLE LIVE ON WHAT WE CALL
FENCE LINES.
HE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THIS.
THEY LIVE NEAR CHEMICAL PLANTS
AND REFINERIES THAT POLLUTE.
I USED TO LIVE NEAR THAT WHEN I
WAS GROWING UP IN CLAYMONT,
DELAWARE.
THERE ARE MORE OIL REFINERIES IN
DELAWARE THAN HOUSTON AT THE
TIME.
MY MOTHER USED TO DRIVE ME TO
SCHOOL, THERE USED TO BE AN OIL
SLICK ON THE WINDOW.
THAT IS WHY SO MANY PEOPLE IN MY
STATE WERE DYING OF CANCER.
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU ARE
PAYING THEM, IT MATTERS HOW YOU
KEEP THEM SAFE.
Y IMPOSE — YOU IMPOSE
RESTRICTIONS ON THE POLLUTANTS
COMING OUT OF THE FENCE LINE.
KRISTEN: I HAVE ONE FINAL
QUESTION.
PRES. TRUMP: WOULD YOU CLOSE
DOWN —
MR. BIDEN: I WOULD TRANSITION
FROM THE OIL INDUSTRY, YES.
THAT IS A BIG STATEMENT.
KRISTEN: WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?
MR. BIDEN: BECAUSE THE OIL
INDUSTRY POLLUTES SIGNIFICANTLY.
IF YOU LET ME FINISH THE
STATEMENT, BECAUSE IT HAS TO BE
REPLACED BY RENEWABLE ENERGY
OVER TIME.
OVER TIME.
I STOPPED GIVING THE OIL
INDUSTRY FEDERAL SUBSIDIES.
HE WON'T GIVE FEDERAL SUBSIDIES
TO SOLAR AND WIND.
WHY ARE WE GIVING IT TO THE OIL
INDUSTRY?
PRES. TRUMP: WE ACTUALLY DO GIVE
SOLAR AND WIND.
IN TERMS OF BUSINESS, BASICALLY
WHAT HE IS SAYING IS HE IS GOING
TO DESTROY THE OIL INDUSTRY.
WILL YOU REMEMBER THAT, TEXAS?
WILL YOU REMEMBER THAT,
PENNSYLVANIA, OKLAHOMA?
KRISTEN: VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN,
RESPOND AND I WILL GET TO THE
FINAL QUESTION.
MR. BIDEN: HE TAKES EVERYTHING
OUT OF CONTEXT.
WE HAVE TO MOVE TOWARD NET ZERO
OMISSIONS.
THE FIRST — EMISSIONS.
BY 2050 TOTALLY.
KRISTEN: WE ARE FINISHED WITH
THIS.
WE HAVE TO MOVE ON TO OUR FINAL
QUESTION.
MR. BIDEN: I WILL REJOIN THE
PARIS ACCORD AND MAKE CHINA
ABIDE BY WHAT THEY AGREED TO.
KRISTEN: THIS FIRST QUESTION
DOES GO TO YOU, PRESIDENT TRUMP.
IMAGINE THIS IS YOUR
INAUGURATION DAY.
WHAT WILL YOU SAY IN YOUR
ADDRESS TO AMERICANS WHO DID NOT
VOTE FOR YOU?
YOU WILL EACH HAVE ONE MINUTE.
PRES. TRUMP: WE HAVE TO MAKE OUR
COUNTRY TOTALLY SUCCESSFUL AS IT
WAS PRIOR TO THE PLAGUE COMING
IN FROM CHINA.
NOW WE ARE DOING RECORD NUMBERS.
11.4 MILLION JOBS IN A SHORT
TIME, ETC.
BEFORE THE PLAGUE CAME IN, I WAS
GETTING CALLS FROM PEOPLE THAT
WOULD NOT NORMALLY CALL ME.
THEY WANTED TO GET TOGETHER.
WE HAD THE BEST BLACK
UNEMPLOYMENT NUMBERS IN THE
HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY,
HISPANIC, WOMEN, ASIAN, PEOPLE
WITH DIPLOMAS, WITH NO DIPLOMAS,
EVERYONE HAD THE BEST NUMBERS.
THE OTHER SIDE WANTED TO UNIFY.
SUCCESS IS GOING TO BRING US
TOGETHER.
WE ARE ON THE ROAD TO SUCCESS,
BUT I AM CUTTING TAXES AND HE
WANTS TO RAISE EVERYBODY'S TAXES
AND PUT NEW REGULATIONS ON
EVERYTHING.
IF HE GETS IN, YOU WILL HAVE A
DEPRESSION THE LIKES OF WHICH
YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN.
YOUR 401(K)S WILL GO TO HELL AND
IT WILL BE A SAD DAY FOR THIS
COUNTRY.
KRISTEN: VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN,
SAME QUESTION.
WHAT WILL YOU SAY IN YOUR
INAUGURAL ADDRESS TO AMERICANS
WHO DID NOT VOTE FOR YOU?
MR. BIDEN: I AM AN AMERICAN
PRESIDENT.
I REPRESENT ALL OF YOU WHETHER
YOU VOTE FOR ME OR AGAINST ME.
I WILL GIVE YOU HOPE.
WE WILL CHOOSE SCIENCE OVER
FICTION, HOPE OVER FEAR.
WE WILL CHOOSE TO MOVE FORWARD
BECAUSE WE HAVE IN NORMA'S
OPPORTUNITIES — ENORMOUS
OPPORTUNITIES.
WE CAN GROW THIS ECONOMY.
AT THE SAME TIME WE CAN MAKE
SURE OUR ECONOMY IS BEING
MOTIVATED BY CLEAN ENERGY,
CREATING MILLIONS OF NEW JOBS.
THAT IS WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO.
AS I SAID AT THE BEGINNING, WHAT
IS ON THE BALLOT IS THE
CHARACTER OF THIS COUNTRY.
DECENCY, HONOR, RESPECT,
TREATING PEOPLE WITH DIGNITY,
MAKING SURE EVEN ONE — EVERYONE
HAS AN EVEN CHANCE.
YOU HAVE NOT BEEN GETTING THAT
THE LAST FOUR YEARS.
KRISTEN: I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR
A ROBUST HOUR AND A HALF.
REALLY APPRECIATE IT.
PRESIDENT TRUMP, FORMER VICE
PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN.
THANK YOU TO BELMONT UNIVERSITY
FOR HOSTING US AND THANK YOU TO
THOSE WATCHING TONIGHT.
ELECTION DAY IS NOVEMBER 3.
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE.
THANK YOU, EVERYONE, AND HAVE A
GREAT NIGHT.
[APPLAUSE]
[CAMERAS CLICKING]
[INDISTINCT CHATTER]
ANNOUNCER: NOW IT IS TIME TO
HEAR FROM YOU AND GET YOUR
REACTION TO THIS FINAL DEBATE OF
2020.
WE WILL PUT THE NUMBERS UP ON
THE SCREEN IF YOU WANT TO DIAL
IN.